College Gameday: Opening Weekend

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Jul 17, 2011.

1. -4-

-4- Walk On

[​IMG]

Welcome to ESPN’s College Gameday. Live from Tempe, Arizona, the site of this week’s game of the week between the TCU Horned Frogs and the Arizona State Sun Devils​
    [​IMG]
    I’m Chris Fowler and I’ll be joined by Herbie, Desmond, and the Coach to discuss this week’s News around the world of college football as well as preview this week’s great slate of action on the gridiron.​

[​IMG]

Game of the Week Preview​
    We start here in Tempe, Arizona where Gameday is this week. Let’s welcome Erin Andrews with the latest on the Game of the Week between TCU and Arizona State.​
    [​IMG]

“The TCU Horned Frogs had the most successful season in school history last season, finishing unbeaten with a Rose Bowl win over Wisconsin. Many thought the Frogs deserved a title shot, but the little guys never get any love. The Horned Frogs lost quite a bit in the offseason and many feel this may be a rebuilding year for TCU. But, don’t tell that to Horned Frog coach Nautica, as he has already predicted another unbeaten season for TCU. But the question remains, will the move to the Big East conference be enough to propel the Horned Frogs to the title game if they are to go unbeaten​

Arizona State enters this season with high hopes and expectations. But, the Sun Devils have failed to live up to high expectations often in the past ten years. This season the story may be different however, as ASU is under the management of Coach Outspoknpoet. The Sun Devils will have to trust the new regime early and often if they want to compete with top-five Oregon and Stanford for a Pac-10 crown this season. “​

Players to Watch
    For TCU- New Starting QB Casey Paschall. The Sophomore takes over for departed Senior Andy Dalton. But, news from the TCU campus is that Paschall is already showing that he has what it takes.​
    For ASU- Junior MLB Vontaze Burfict heads the Sun Devil defense. How the veteran linebacker performs will rub off on the rest of the team, and could very well be the difference between an upset win and a heartbreaking loss.​

[​IMG]
    Thanks Erin; Last year, Auburn’s Cam Newton won the Heisman trophy in a runaway, here are this season’s frontrunners.​

1. Andrew Luck, JR QB, Stanford​
    2. Kellen Moore, SR QB, Boise State​
    3. LaMichael James, JR HB, Oregon​
    4. Marcus Lattimore, SO HB, South Carolina​
    5. Justin Blackmon, JR WR, Oklahoma State​

So, who are you guys putting on upset alert this week?​

Coach- #3 Stanford playing host to rival Notre Dame. Rivalries are always tougher than normal games.​
    Herbie- #10 Florida State with their new head coach hosting a tough Penn State squad led by legend Joe Paterno.​
    Desmond- #17 Virginia Tech hosting USC. VT will have trouble finding a replacement for Tyrod Taylor.​

Now, on to this opening weekend’s great slate of games. Everyone lets welcome our celebrity guest picker SpartyUp

[​IMG]

USC @ #17 Virginia Tech
    Corso- Va. Tech​
    Herbie- Va. Tech​
    Guest (SpartyUp)- USC​

West Virginia @ Arizona
    Corso- Arizona​
    Herbie- West Virginia​
    Guest (SpartyUp)- West Virginia​

#18 Arkansas @ Texas Tech
    Corso- Arkansas​
    Herbie- Arkansas​
    Guest (SpartyUp)- Arkansas​

Michigan @ Connecticut
    Corso- Michigan​
    Herbie- Michigan​
    Guest (SpartyUp)- Michigan​

Tennessee @ Cincinnati
    Corso- Tennessee​
    Herbie- Tennessee​
    Guest (SpartyUp)- Tennessee​

#9 Texas A&M @ UCLA
    Corso- A&M​
    Herbie- A&M​
    Guest (SpartyUp)- A&M​

Penn State @ #10 Florida State
    Corso- Penn State​
    Herbie- FSU​
    Guest (SpartyUp)- FSU​

#21 Notre Dame @ #3 Stanford
    Corso- Stanord​
    Herbie- Notre Dame​
    Guest (SpartyUp)- Stanford​

#24 NC State @ #15 Michigan State
    Corso- MSU​
    Herbie- MSU​
    Guest (SpartyUp)- MSU​

***GOTW***
    #14 TCU @ #25 Arizona State
    Herbie- TCU​
    Guest (SpartyUp)- ASU​
    Coach, who ya got?​

[​IMG]

Thanks for joining us on ESPN this morning don't forget to tune in for College Football Final after the games. Now it’s time to send you out for the first game of the day.​
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. -4-

-4- Walk On

Next Advance is Tuesday @ Noon EST.

I gave OK State a bye this week because your schedule non-conference slots were awful and you only had three games available.

Please try to post a highlight to your EA Sports world account.

And just letting all old members know that I will not be messaging on XBL anymore when I advance... takes too long.

I kind of want to bump quarters up to 8 minutes, but we'll see what results look like this week.

3. Outspoknpoet

Outspoknpoet Shock and Awesome

LETS DO THIS!!! I just saw Nautica online... must have skipped out to avoid me... hmmmm... Catch ya lata!

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

[​IMG]

5. -4-

-4- Walk On

Well... just got pasted by the CPU. I don't know WTF the difference was from yesterday to today, but the passing game difficulty was fucking insane.

NOTE TO SELF: Turn down CPU Pass Rush and Coverage

I need to see a few more results though. Nautica Outspoknpoet maybe hold off on your game today. I might restart now to get rid of that coaching glitch, but it depends on what happens to other's games. I'm not going to restart because of one possible fluke.

It looks like Stanford had big trouble passing as well, and got 'Luck'y. I had zero trouble running the ball though.

6. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Passing my game wasn't bad at all.....only problem was CPU pass rush like you mentioned. I had to hold RB in quite a few times to help with the rush.

Starting QB went 11-21 for 219 and 2 TD's with 1 Int.

Backup went 2-5 for 62 yds and 1 TD. (thank you Greg Childs WR Screen)

7. -4-

-4- Walk On

I got sacked at least 5 times. Hurried a million other times and threw 5 INTs because the pass rush knocked out my QB and had no time to throw.

I think lowering the pass rush for the CPU will help a ton, and I won't touch much else.

8. Outspoknpoet

Nautica and I were going to play tonight. If you can get it restarted before that point, it won't bother me. Can't we pretty much do everything we need to do in Pre-Season during week 1... minus redshirts?....

I have always felt like you shouldn't get to red shirt anyone until year 2.

Just let us know what to do before we potentially waste our time. Thanks for the heads up!

9. -4-

-4- Walk On

eh... I don't really feel like doing all that work again. We'll just keep going and I'll lower CPU pass rush for next week. Go ahead and play when you are ready.

I don't replay games.

10. Outspoknpoet

My response to this will not be implied... it will be displayed on the scoreboard in victorious LED lights.
    (Unless I suck as much as -4- did against the CPU, in which case I will be forced to eat my own shoe)

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

This isn't golf man, the lower score doesn't win in football....lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

I think I got sacked 5 times as well. And it wasn't coverage sacks

13. Outspoknpoet

Are these sacks coming off of blitzes from LB/DBs or just DLine?

14. -4-

-4- Walk On

D-Line and LB blitzes... it was bad. It was tough for me yesterday when I was testing, but nothing at all like it was today. And I actually had the better team.

Every time they blitzed they got to me. Every time.

There were only about three times the entire game when I had more than 2 seconds to throw. And no, I'm not really exagerating. How am I supposed to find an open receiver when I only have time to look at one route at the most. Sometimes not even the one route, and I had to pick a random receiver to throw it to and hope it was completed.

Did run for like 280 yards though. I think I might need to address that. I might have been able to get away with throwing all those picks, but I don't play aggressive enough on offense. I outgained them by 100-150 yards I think.

Still it's my fault that this problem came up, so I deserve a loss. We'll get back on track.

15. Outspoknpoet

Meh... don't worry about it man.. It is season 1. Plenty of time to recover. I think I am 3-4 seasons from contending for a BCS title.

16. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I wouldn't lower the pash rush until after the season one game shouldn't be a reason to lower it if you had a bad outing.

17. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Just checking out some the offensive production on games played so far.

Ark and Stan had over 600 yrds of offense and Mich St over 500 yrds I had 260. I really wouldn't mess with anything on the cpu side it is playing tough which we all wanted.

18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

yeah lets keep rolling, no need to restart this. I hear that if you get that Coaching bug that you can just have everyone quit and then rejoin after a new file is up using the old save file.

19. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

do the sliders apply in practice mode? ill get on tongiht to mess around in practice mode and get my game in tomrorow evening

20. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Michigan throttles UCONN 45-10, but it came with a hefty price. Denard Robinson was looking to squeeze a 9 yard run into the endzone in the 2nd Qtr and instead was stopped a yard short and broke his ribs. Michigan's trainer estimates the Heisman candidate will miss three weeks, meaning he should be back to face a tough Aggies team in week 4. Not wanting to burn Soph. Devin Gardner's redshirt coach chopper decided to go with his RB Stephen Hopkins calling the signals out of the wildcat. Hopkins is a capable passer and completed his only attempt in the game, otherwise everyone and their dog got carries to run out the clock in the second half as the Michigan D held strong and held the Huskies to only 10 points.

21. -4-

-4- Walk On

I don't know what I think about that ^…

Also going by results thus far I think I just suck at this years game or something.

22. Outspoknpoet

You and me both.

23. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

In every game I played against Mich online or in Play Now, Denard Robinson gets hurts.. But this is true to life as he was often hurt and had to miss a few plays in most games last year.. So you may want to plan on using Devin Gardner more than expected

24. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

My advice to you Michigan is get that backups redshirt off....You'll get eaten alive in this league if you are 1 dimensional....

25. bhenry37

bhenry37 Walk On

Stanford survives scare at home

On a day that saw Heisman hopeful Andrew Luck have the worst performance of his career, Stanford ended Notre Dame's upset bid. Stanford's passing game was abysmal all day save an 82 yard pass when a register broke free in man coverage. Otherwise, Stanford relied on a solid ground attack.

At the end, coach bhenry37 made a gutsy call in overtime to score the 2 pOint conversion. Coach bhenry37 said, "we had the momentum after the score and the crowd was behind us so I decided to go ahead and cut their throats, luckily it worked."

Stanford looks to travel to Knoxville next week in a match up against Tennessee.