College Gameday Preseason: The Pride

Discussion in 'The Pride' started by krtgolfing, Jul 1, 2013.

1. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Charlotte, NC-​
    With the upcoming season coming up shortly the Gameday Crew assembled to give an overview of The Pride's upcoming release.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    We will start in the ACC for obvious reasons. North Carolina will be coached by former Clemson coach krtgolfing. UNC will be returning QB Bryn Renner off a decent 2012 season. They however, will have to replace second round draft pick RB Giovani Benard. They will do this by starting eitherAJ Blue or Romar Morris. They will have a decent offensive line to protect Blue/ Morris and Renner. On the defensive side their star player will be free safety Tre Boston. They will have a decent defensive back core, linebacker core and defensive line. I have the Tarheels finishing third in the coastal division behind Virginia Tech and Miami.​
    The other ACC team is Miami who is coached by mikeL9286. He will be returning two playmakers himself. QB Stephen Morris and ACC Rookie of the Year Duke johnson. They also have what might be one of the best offensive lines in the ACC for Morris and Johnson to work their magic behind. I have them playing in the ACC Championship game against Clemson in a tight championship game.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Next, is the SEC which has been by far the best college football conference of the past decade. We will start with the almighty Florida Gators. Last year the Gators were very close to possibly playing in the SEC Championship game, but the Florida Gators could not get over the hurdle. The Gators coached by IJGator will not be out coached. They have Jeff Driskel returning at QB, but he will need to play above expectations since Gillislee is gone. They will be returning a solid Offensive line and a haunted defense. I have them second in the SEC East behind the Georgia Bulldogs.​
    We will now take a look at the Missouri Tigers coached by thegman2.0. They had a tough first year in the SEC, but look to recover in 2013. The offense will be returning 8 returning starters and that does not include star recruit Green-Beckham who did not pan out in his first season. Their defense will be suspect losing defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, linebacker Zaviar Gooden, and linebacker Will Ebner. I have them finishing third in the east behind Georgia and Florida.​
    Finally, in the SEC we have the Texas A&M Aggies coached by LTL7360. The Aggies will be returning reigning Heisman Trophy winner Johnny "Football" Manziel. The biggest question is will he be the same this season after a whirlwind offseason for him. He lost Ryan Swope, but Mike Evans is turning into a young star. He will also be losing Luke Joeckel who was his safety blanket back there in the pocket. The defense will have to find a way to rush the quarterback after losing Damontre Moore. They will finish in second place behind the almighty Crimson Tide. If the Aggiest can upset the Tide they can easily play in the SEC Championship for a chance at the National Title.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    We will start with the Iowas Hawkeyes who are coached by Selvy9. After a 4-8 season the pressure will be on Coach Selvy9. There are multiple questions about the offense. They will be returning six starters on Offense, however they will need to more production from the quarterback position to be competitive. Their defense has two good linebackers in Hitchens and Morris. They will need someone to step up and rush the quarterback to be competitive. I have them finishing in the middle of the table in the Leaders Division. With Michigan taking the division.​
    Ohio State is coming off an undefeated season, but was unable to play in the Title game due to NCAA sanctions. The biggest question is can they built off a successful 2012 or fail to live up to expectations. OSU is coached by Archie Griffin. They are returning star QB Braxton Miller who will be a Heisman contender this season. They also will be returning eight starters on offense along with four seniors on the offensive line. They will need some receiving help after TE Stoneburner is gone. They however will need the defense to be more consistent than last season. They will need some young players to step up. Linebacker Ryan Shazier is a player on the shortlist for All-American honors. Roby is becoming a star cornerback. I have them running the regular season table and playing for the National Championship and beating the Crimson Tide.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    In the Big 12 we have coach cyhiphopp coaching the Iowa State Cyclones. The Cyclones have been so close to Bowl games every year, so will this be the year the jump up? They will have to do this without Barnett who left for Illinois. If he would of stayed he would of been in a battle with Jantz for the starting quarterback position. It will however most likely be up to Richardson after he made some noise in the final three games of the season. Their defense will struggle this season after losing linebackers Klein and Knott are gone. Also the three big guys up front will also need to be replaced. The bright side of the Cyclones will be in the special teams department with punter Kirby Van Der Kamp. They will finish in the middle of the pack.​
    Next in the Big 12 is the legendary coach UcanHateMeNow. After a decent 2012 going 9-4 the Longhorn fans are after his job since they expect BCS appearances and nothing less. The biggest offensive question will be will David Ash return as the starter or will it be Case McCoy? The offseason will be huge for these two guys. They will be returning all five lineman, and have a devastating stable of running backs. On the defensive side of the ball they will have to find a way to replace defensive tackle Brandon Moore, defensive end Alex Okafor, and safety Kenny Vaccaro. They will have one of the more athletic and quick linebacker cores in the country. It will be a battle of positions in the offseason with the Longhorns winning the Big12 conference and making that BCS appearance.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In the newly formed American conference we have the former legdendary TF Serie futbol manager RedAL925 making the change to american football. After a lackluster 5-7 season the Huskies are looking to turn things around. They will have a change in lifestyle with coach Red. The biggest change will be the offensive line. They will need to open up some lanes for RB Lyle McCombsThey have 3 senior starting lineman which should give a prescence in the locker room. There defense will need to find some players to replace their 4 of 5 All-Big East players. The only returner is LB Yawin Smallwood.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    In the MAC conference we have the Bowling Green Falcons coached by guayo10. Quarterback Matt Schilz needs to step up this season to have a successful 2013 season. Running back Anthon Samuel will be a nice piece to build the team around. They also will be returning 10 starters on offense. Their defense is lost star linebacker Dwayne Woods and All-star defensive tackle Chris Jones. In 2012 where they were the MAC's leading defense they will need to continue this form to win the MAC East. Which I predict they will do and play Northern Illinois in the MAC Championship. I have NIU winning a high scoring game!​
    The other MAC team will be coached by nkmi1984 at Western Michigan. He was the short lived coach at Michigan until he was seen wearing a red polo around town. The Broncos have had some great defenses, and experience hasn't always translated into production, but this year could be different with nine returning starters. The offense will be rolling with QB Tyler VanTubbergen, but six starters are gone with the line losing four starters. I see the offense being the weak spot of the WKU Broncos and finishing second of third in their division.​

[​IMG]
    2013 Heisman Watch:
    Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson​
    Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville​
    Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina​
    Duke Johnson, RB, Miami​
    Johnny Manzie, QB, Texas A&M​
    Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon​
    Taylor Martinez, QB, Nebraska​
    AJ McCarron, QB, Alabama​
    Braxton Miller, Ohio State​
    De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon​

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
  2. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

i hope this is good enough for front page of tso

3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Anybody have a link to a site with all the logos/helmets? I used to have it but it was lost with my now dead PC.

4. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

6. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I will update the original post here the next day or so. Saw that one guy changed teams, and I might be changing teams... Grrr... It will be one of three ACC teams..

7. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

still looks cool and i like it and everyone esle does a team preview soon as well

8. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

LOVE that the Broncos are being doubted by the media. UcanHateMeNow tell em......haha

• Like Like x 1