College Gameday Week 1 (2011)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by runthepound, Jul 19, 2010.

1. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

College Gameday Week 1 (2011)

[​IMG]
    Athens, GA
    September 4, 2011

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

[youtube]I_lIB1VEmVc[/youtube]

[​IMG]
    2 games user games kicking off our action this season.

#1 Alabama (JFunk) is traveling to Clemson (Tide) for a showdown against an ACC team. Bama should have no problem handling business in this one and takes it 30-14.

Maryland (GSUtiger) is also on the road this week traveling to Missouri (Hood). I think that Mizzou's spread offense is going to be too high powered for Maryland. Mizzou wins this one but closer than the experts think. 21 -17.

Now to the game of the week. This game is one heck of a battle coming into a great, fresh new college football season. 2 upper tier teams from their respective conferences looking to see who is a contender and who still has work to do this season.
    [​IMG]Oklahoma State comes in under Coach G-Unit after he left his beloved Yellow Jackets. He has installed a new pro style offense in the offseason. Their has been talk of a Big 12 Title for the Cowboys, but their are some new faces after the departure of several key players from last seasons team, including Zac Robinson and Dez Bryant. Brandon Weeden looks to step in right where Robinson left of and his goto to guys will be Hubert Anyiam. Just how much production can these guys come up with to replace the departed?
    [​IMG]For Georgia, Coach Bamaboiking is a little bit of a wild card. There is not as much known about him. He is new to the Cream of the Crop scene and has talked up some high expectations for his team. There has also been talk of an SEC Championship out of Athens. Of all years, this may very well be the year to do such, being that Florida is rebuilding. Alabama brings up another worry for the dawgs, but we won't go into that. Georgia also has some key roles that had to be replaced with the main holes being at QB, MLB, and FS. Aaron Murray has a bright future for the Dawgs, but how long will it take him to get his legs under him and get use to the speed of the game?

[​IMG]
    You know Rece, you make some good points about the departures, but I think these 2 teams are very similar. Both teams return some fine Runningbacks. Oklahoma State will likley rely on their best player Kendall Hunter. He will be the key to any offensive production the Cowboys have. For Georgia, they have a stable of great backs. Caleb King and Washaun Ealy both had pretty good seasons last year sharing the load and look to split carries again this season. To me, the difference in this game will be whether or not Oklahoma can cover AJ Green. Green is easily on of the best if not the best WR in the nation. He is a mismatch no matter where he lines up and can make catches most players can't. I see Georgia winning this one at home, here in Athens, in front of a very hostile crowd, in a very tight contest.

[​IMG]
    Not So Fast My Friend! Oklahoma State has a fine defense this season and with the new installation of the 3-4 scheme by Coach G-Unit, poor little Aaron Murray's head will be spinning all day. Shane Jarka will be pluggin up the line on the run and Justin Gent is going to be head hunting from the OLB spot. If the Cowboy secondary can just contain AJ Green and the other WR's, I see Oklahoma State coming in and stealing this one from Coach Bamaboiking. Oklahoma State wins this one, 24-13. Go Cowboys!

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Excellent stuff RTP. The Bulldogs I know are going to be bitin mad when the Cowboys step onto the field. We need to make sure we are prepared mentally.

3. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

this got me hyped for the season. thanks rtp! it should be a gg. the world gets to see why the bulldogs are so confident.

4. MisterTIDE51

MisterTIDE51 Walk On

Great Job rtp I got the cowboys winning by 10

5. Iron Mickey

Were gunnin for AJ Greens knees early.

6. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Please do. I don't really care how bad it is as long as it is for at least one week lol.

nice job on the college gameday RTP

7. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Thanks for the props guys. I am going to try and keep up and do the "user game of the week" every week. College Gameday is always a great way for me to start my Saturdays in the fall and am just hoping I can do enough with this to keep it interesting. I know some people may not like country or the intro song, but listening to that intro really gets the competitive juices flowing for me. Like I said, hope yalll enjoy the segments.

8. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

I love the gameday song i hope they dont change it for awhile it fits. As you better aim for AJ knee's otherwise he is gonna jump all over you corners!(loving jump rating matters this year on jump balls)

9. Iron Mickey

Broderick Brown gets his first true challenge cause I am leavin him 1-1 with Green all day with no help over the top.

10. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Thats suicide, when i have sent AJ deep playing random games its a thing of beauty! I dont go deep this much this year anyways its always mostly ints, or over thrown..gotta figure out that deep ball. AJ has been looking of game film of Brown he likes what he see's

11. Iron Mickey

Brown takes that personally!! He is good for a pick-6 return now!

12. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Great work RTP, I'm ready to show the Terps are serious about being a better team. But I know Hood and Mizzou are a coming out ready to make a statement as well

13. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Great job RTP, I look forward to seeing your previews. Keep up the good work. Sounds like we are getting off to a fiery start with the Pokes and the Dawgs. Should be a fun year.