College Gameday Week 1 (S3)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ThePaw, Oct 10, 2010.

1. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

College Gameday Week 1 (S3)

At Eugene, Oregon
    [​IMG]
    [size=+3]Game of the Week[/size]
    [​IMG] at [​IMG]
    [size=+1]#3 Florida 0-0 vs #17 Oregon State 0-0[/size]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Chris: Welcome boys and girls to the first week of the new season. Joining me as always is former Ohio State QB Kirk Herbstreet along with Lee Corso. We're here today at the beautiful Autzen stadium here in Oregon. The #3 Florida Gators come here the first week of the season to play a tough Oregon squad, but before we get to that lets look at the top 15 to start the season.

Rank Team
    1 [​IMG]
    2 [​IMG]
    3 [​IMG]
    4 [​IMG]
    5 [​IMG]
    6 [​IMG]
    7 [​IMG]
    8 [​IMG]
    9 [​IMG]
    10 [​IMG]
    11 [​IMG]
    12 [​IMG]
    13 [​IMG]
    14 [​IMG]
    15 [​IMG]

Pre-Season Championship Predictions

[​IMG]
    Chris: Okay, so now that we've seen the polls what's your prediction for the championship game this year? This should be interesting.

[​IMG]
    Kirk: I gotta go with the winner of the Ohio State/Wisconsin game against the USC Trojans. I don't think anyone in the SEC is going to get by undefeated this year, and I believe the Trojans will win the Pac-10 this year as well.

[​IMG]
    Lee: Not so fast my friend! I got the Buckeyes and the Crimson Tide going head to head this season for the trophy. bkhogfan has the Tide rolling, and I think Ohio State and all that Ohio talent will meet them there.

What To Watch For (USER GAMES)

[​IMG]
    Chris: Alright, and no for one of the most popular segments, what to watch for. I name the game you tell me what to watch out for on each side of the ball for each time, and the final score.

First up, Kirk: [​IMG] at [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Kirk: Another great game on the first week, wow. For Texas on Offense you have to look out for 97 overall senior HB Tre Newton. He can run around you, or heck..if he wants to right through you. The Washington defense will have to come to play today to contain him. On defense, Texas has senior 95 overall RE Alex Okafor. Okafor is one of the top defensive line prospects in the nation, and he will put a lot of pressure on the Huskie's QB.

On offense for Washington you have to look out for 88 overall WR James Johnson. He's the focal point of this offense, and Keith Price is going to have to hit him more than once to stay in this ball game.. Texas should be able to contain him with that Texas Speed though. On Defense the Huskie's have a star in 94 ovr CB Adam Long. Long is going to have to play lock-down defense against these fast Texas receivers.

My prediction: 'Horns over the Huskies- 32-21

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]
    Chris: Okay Lee, it's your turn. Tell me what you think about.....
    Game: #10[​IMG]@[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lee: Well Carolina is a huge underdog, even at home. Mike, the coach of the Tarheels has to go against tough coach, AG of the Cardinal. Let me break down the matchups for you sweetheart.

For Stanford you have 89 overall QB Josh Nunes leading the Cardinal at QB this year. Nunes has great accuracy (94), to lead a potent Cardinal attack. On defense, the Cardinal return 98 overall ROLB Shayne, Skov. Let me tell you sunshine, you don't want to be in this man's way. Skov looks to lead the Cardinal defense this year.

As for UNC, you have to look out for 92 overall WR Erik Highsmith. This kid has excellent route running, and if he catches the ball in space look out sweetheart, he's GONE. On defense you have the anchor himself 98 ovr, ROLB Kevin Reddick. Kevin is a man among boys, look for him to go high in the draft this year.

My prediction: Stanford pulls out a close one on last minute Josh Nunes TD pass, 17-14.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]
    Chris: And it's that time. What do you guys think about this weeks marque match up of Florida at Oregon. This game has been talked about for months building up to the season. If Florida wins this game they get some serious momentum heading into the rest of the season and the tough SEC conference. If Oregon can upset Florida then I think they can honestly make a run at the Pac-10 title. So Kirk, you start. Tell me what you think.
    Game:[​IMG]@[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Kirk: This game is going to come down to about execution, and not turning the ball over. Whoever plays the smartest football out there will win. Both teams have a lot of speed, and a lot of depth. Here's who I think will be the impact players of this game.

Florida

Offense: 92 ovr WR Omarius Hines. He has to step up today. He has the speed and acceleration that can burn the defense, but he has had a problem with drops in the past with his average catch rating. If the Florida offense is going to go then Omarius has to make some plays.

Defense: This Florida team is stacked on defense, but I think 97 ovr DT, Omar Hunter is going to anchor this line. Omar is one of the top defensive prospects in the entire nation, and he's going to have to be the anchor of the line. The Florida locker room says he's one of their field leaders. He's going to have to show it today.

Oregon

Offense: 95 ovr HB Kenjon Barner is an absolute stud guys. He's more of a power back, but has some elusiveness to him as well. He's not the best at catching out of the backfield, but the coaches have said that he's been working on that some during the summer. Kenjon is going to have to get a steady run game going for the Ducks.

Defense: 90 ovr CB Cliff Harris. He has beautiful play recognition skills, and amazing Pursuit (99). He's quick off the ball on his acceleration (98). He's going to have to guard Omarius Hines to slow down this Florida throwing attack.

My prediction: The crowd is going to be amazing here tonight in Autzen. I think Florida struggles to get it going at first, and when they do Oregon is already out infront by a decent margin. I think Oregon wins on a last second field goal by 99 ovr K Rob Beard *crowd goes bananas*

[​IMG]
    Lee: Why so technical, sweetheart?! FLORIDA WINS BIG, GO GATORS GO GO GO. *crowd boo's*
    [​IMG]

2. ThePaw

There will be more added next week when there are nation-leaders in stats and such. All I could think to do this week were predictions on user games.

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

WOW very exciting. And I pretty much agree with all that ...but maybe me in the natty

4. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

great job

5. alemic

alemic Walk On

awesome job man.... if both of the florida and oregon coaches could please PM me so i can get ready for my after game interview

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Soxandgators is Florida

Grat23 is Oregon.

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Game of the week winner=Florida gators and coach soxandgators

8. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Wow this write up was epic. I was all focused reading slowly and as i read the Oregon prediction. As i scrolled down i was sipping on my cup and seen Lee with a Gator head on and almost lost it.Shit was hilarious man well played.That dude Lee makes me laugh each week with his antics.Gonna be hard to beat your thread this year great work.

9. ThePaw

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. I'm actually looking forward to doing this for next week so go get your games in :p

10. ckamm1

ckamm1 Walk On

This was pretty awesome, thank you