College Gameday Week 1 (Y2)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by runthepound, Aug 15, 2010.

1. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

College Gameday Week 1 (Y2)

[​IMG]
    Norman, Oklahoma

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

[youtube]I_lIB1VEmVc[/youtube]

[​IMG]
    Alright guys. The 2011 Season is finally here. North Carolina won it all last year, absolutely terrorizing the competition, finishing the season 14-0 as the only undefeated team in the land. This season brings in a whole new crop(no pun intended) of talent and new challenges for the coaches. We have some great match-ups early this season, and some big games that will help clarify the serious contenders for the national title hunt. One of the big games is Auburn facing Miami. This one is a huge cross conference game that most would see Miami favored in. The Hurricanes were able to keep Jacory Harris, a Heisman front runner this season. He loses some of the talent around him, but has all the intangibles to lead his team this year. Auburn on the other hand returns alot of talent from last seasons team. Can they go into Miami and come away with a victory?

Now for the big one.

[​IMG]Oklahoma returns last years starter in Landry Jones, but the loss of Demarco Murray may prove to be too much for the Sooners. Murray really came on late in the season and helped OU pull away from the competition. He won the Big 12 Title game for the Sooners and now is starting in the Pros. Coach Tuco has done big things in the past and knows that one player doesn't make or break a team, but how will his team play once they take the field.

[​IMG]South Carolina made some serious noise through college footbal last season when most of the critics thought they were surely a year or two away from competing with the big boys. That wasn't the case. The Gamecocks not only competed with the big dogs, they took alot of them down. They made their way into the SEC Championship game with 1 loss and gave Alabama, a way more talented team, all they could handle. Coach King loses Stephen Garcia, but their is rich talent behind him to fill the void

[​IMG]
    You are exactly right Chris. Both teams lost some key players, but the thing I am looking forward to seeing is Fr(RS) Marcus Lattimore step into a starting role for the Gamecocks. He was a highly touted back coming out of high school and I was very surprised he redshirted last season as he was good enough to come in and play from day one. Look for the Gamecocks to get him going early and ride him to victory.

[​IMG]
    You know Kirk, I have to agree with you here. South Carolina showed last season they could get it done with less/younger talent than most in the country. This team is primed and ready to make a run at the National Title this year and I don't see many who will stand in the way, especially the Sooners. South Carolina comes into Norman and shut down the SOoner wagon....winning by 13. Give me that rooster head!

[​IMG]
    Copyrighted by RTP

2. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Nice job RTP, I always enjoy reading these. I'm looking forward to my tough season opener with Dean and his Auburn Tigers tonight...gotta rep the ACC!

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Great job RTP.

I am personally taking OU over S. Carolina 42-34

Other User score:
    Bama 47 NC State 10

Upset Special:
    Miami 13 Auburn 21

4. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Predictions
    Bama Cruises 34-10
    Miami edges Auburn 24-21
    South Carolina wins a wild one 27-14

5. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Great write up and great games to kick off the season..
    I see SC, Bama, and U as our winners of this weeks user match ups

6. wreck'em

wreck'em Walk On

I think we have the perfect circumstances for an upset if we can pull it off. We get Bama in the first week before they can establish any sort of momentum and we have one of the best quarterbacks of all 12 users. The pieces are there.

7. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

The Gamecocks just got off the practice field and they looked sharp in their preparation for the Oklahoma Sooners. Carolina has a few new weapons that they are going to unveil on both sides of the ball. It should be a fun one in Norman, just like the old days in the Big Ten with Penn State against Wisconsin, the only thing that's missing is the triple option that Tuco loves to play against so much lol.

8. Iron Mickey

I am really looking forward to seeing the score outcome of this game.

Shoot Out

9. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

naw king ceps defense is one of the best out of all users, it will be a low scoring affair

10. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Not so fast my friend!!!
    Miami 30 Auburn 14

11. Iron Mickey

Ah damn...my pick went to shit!!! LoL

Oh well, congrats on the win.

12. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Thanks man, it was a tough game. I got a safety and a few key turnovers. I got lucky.