College Gameday Week 1 (Y3)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by runthepound, Sep 6, 2010.

1. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

College Gameday Week 1 (Y3)

[​IMG]
    Tallahassee, FL

[​IMG]@[​IMG]
    [youtube]I_lIB1VEmVc[/youtube]

[​IMG]
    Kirk and Lee, I don't know if I have ever seen a week in college football, let alone week 1, where you have so many stellar match-ups like you do this week. This young 2012 college football season is going to really be shaken up, depending on who wins these games. We will seperate the men from the boys. You have Oklahoma State traveling to Maryland, South Carolina going to Mizzou, The defending National Champs going into Lincoln, Nebraska, Miami, the runner up last season, going to the plains to take on Auburn and North Carolina taking a bus down to Athens to take on the Georgia Bulldogs. But despite all those big games, you still have the biggest of all and that is the Match Up between Florida State and OU here in Tallahassee. Our production crew and the gameday crew had a hard time choosing which town to travel for week one, but we are here in Tallahassee.

[​IMG]vs.[​IMG]
    Maryland is coming off of and improved season under Coach GSUTiger. Oklahoma State, on the other hand, is coming in after a down year in which they were beat like a ugly step sister by everyone in the Big 12. Coach G-Unit hopes that those days are long gone. He fired his offensive coordinator and brought in Coach Mike Leach to take over the reigns for his team. Does he have the right talent for this air-rade offense? Maryland owned Ok State last season in this match-up. Can the Terps build off of what they did last season and get this season started on the right track?

[​IMG]vs.[​IMG]
    Auburn plays host to the reigning ACC Champion Miami. Miami comes into this one with the better team, but what Auburn lacks in talent, Coach Dean makes up for it with his play calling. Auburn is looking to get better this season. They have had some signature wins in seasons past but they have also failed t win the big games when they really count. Until then, Coach Dean and Auburn will be looking up at Bama. Miami said goodbye to Jacorri Harris. The main offensive starter left is WR Aldarius Johnson. Who will throw him the ball and do the Hurricanes have a running back that can help take some pressure off the passing game? Coach JCA is also familiar with the big game atmosphere. But still the question remains, does Auburn have the horses to keep up with Tha U?

[​IMG]vs.[​IMG]
    Ask and ye shall receive. Coach Jerzeyreign has turned into the Lane Kiffin of Cream of the Crop and once again has shaken a hornets nest. During the offseason, Jerzey said that the Big 12 was back and that he wanted the best teams on his schedule to prove it. Well he got his wish and he gets to take on Alabama and North Carolina this season. His first big test is a home opener against the defending National Champs. Burkhead is gone but the Cornhuskers have a stable of backs to take his place. Alabama has once again reloaded with talent and looks poised to hold onto the national championship trophy for as long as they want to. This game could get ugly.

[​IMG]vs.[​IMG]
    Missouri welcomes South Carolina into town. The Gamecocks have been rebuilding since the 2010 season and hope to have some of the final pieces in place to make a run at the SEC Championship. Marcus Lattimore is coming off of a stellar freshman season and is in early discussions to contend for the Heisman trophy. Mizzou is starting to rebuild after losing their franchise QB, Blaine Gabbert, and look to just hang around in games long enough to shock some folks. There is talent in the cupboard but The Tigers could use a good season to attract some recruits to come play with them.

[​IMG]vs.[​IMG]
    North Carolina travels to Athens to take on the Hairy Dawgs. Coach Bamaboiking has been playing second fiddle to Alabama for the last 2 season and is hoping that this season is his year to stake his claim of the SEC Title. Aaron Murray shocked the world when he decided to stay for his senior season and credits his decision is Coach. "Coach Bamaboiking told me to come back if I wanted to win the SEC Championship and contend for the National Championship. We talked about how this would be the year and that we would no longer lose to any SEC teams." What sounds like a ploy heard before from Athens, may possibly take shape this season. North Carolina also has high hopes for their team, as do the folks in Chapel Hill. Despite the fact that Coach runthepound is still trying to shore up his talent, anything less than an ACC Title and a National Championship birth would be somewhat of a disappointment.

[​IMG]
    Oklahoma is sitting pretty to make it to the national title again this season. Last year a late season loss to North Carolina was the only thing that knocked the National Title train off the track in Norman. Landry Jones returns for his senior year, but lack the game breaking running back that he had the last 2 years. The defense at OU continues to reload and will be a force to recon with no matter who they play against.

[​IMG]
    Florida State is thankful to host such a big early season match-up. Coach Drunken knows his team is down this season, but no better way to play a big early season game than to play it in front of your home fans. EJ Manuel left some extremely high expectations for the new QB's, but Florida State is still Florida State and they can compete with anyone year in and year out.

[​IMG]

You know Chris, we all know that OU's defense is one of the best in the country so what I am looking forward to seeing is how well can Florida State's defense defend the pass against Landry Jones. Landry Jones is a special talent and possibly one of the top QB's in the country along with Aaron Murray. But I want to see if the secondary of the Seminoles can do enough to keep the OU offense off the field and give their new QB's a chance to prove themselves in front of a national TV audience.

[​IMG]

Landry Jones is a great QB. I would even say he is the top QB in the upcoming draft. But I have to say that the Sooners will find a way to pound the ball against FSU and will give the Noles a fit throughout the game. It will be a close game but I have to give the edge to Oklahoma in this one...24-21. Go Sooners Baby!

[​IMG]
    Copyrighted by RTP

2. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Nice write up RTP. I enjoyed reading every match-up

3. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Nice job, RTP. I really like reading these write ups.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

this was your best one yet RTP, great job man. I like the Leech twist...lmao.....you would have thought that was Leech the way we were slingin that bitch

Good luck versus Georgia.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Say word....