College Gameday Week 2 (2011)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by runthepound, Jul 22, 2010.

1. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

College Gameday Week 2 (2011)

[​IMG]
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina
    September 11, 2011

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

[youtube]I_lIB1VEmVc[/youtube]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Missouri comes into this one after a very solid performance against a pesky Maryland team. Blaine Gabbert has a year under his belt and is looking to add to his nice passing numbers in hopes to live up to the Heisman hype. He has a solid surrounding cast at WR's and a solid RB to hand it off to when they have Defenses on their Heels. Despite the gaudy numbers by the offense, the tigers come into this one as the under dog. Coach Hoodlum is happy to play the under dog role as he know how to win in the big games.

[​IMG]North Carolina is back in Chapel Hill again this week after a solid win over a highly touted LSU team. The Tarheels put together enough offense to keep the LSU Tigers off the field and the defense played with their ears back in the 1st Half only to get lazy in the 2nd and allow the game to be closer than it should have been. TJ Yates is back after getting banged up late in the game last week and Greg Little is questionable at best after a nagging injury.

Which team is going to be able to put it together this week?

[​IMG]
    To me, this game is going to come down to which team can play better defense. You have Blaine Gabbert, who like you said, is on the preseason Heisman list. Then you have TJ Yates who is more than capable at hitting his WR's. But when you look at this game, you have to notice the North Carolina defense. That side of the ball alone will always have UNC is a position to win the close games. If North Carolina's defense can score enough points for their defense, because Mizzou will put up points regardless, then the Tar Heels should be just fine.

[​IMG]
    Kirk, are you crazy? Have you been paying attention to Blaine Gabbert? That guy is good. He can throw it all over the place and the wideouts he has are great. But the variable on that squad is Derrick Washington, the HB. He can slice and dice a defense whenever he has the ball in his hands. So you guys think Mizzou is gonna take this one, right? Not so fast my friend! UNC's defense is going to be all over Gabbert. He may get a few passes off, but the only jersey's he will be season will be baby blue. Marvin Austin is going to terrorize the Tiger D Line. UNC wins this one going away....31-17. Tar Heels Baby!

2. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Not so fast my friend 28-24 Mizzou

3. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

it comes down to tiger d vs tarheel o. i got unc 24-10