College Gameday Week 2 (S3)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ThePaw, Oct 13, 2010.

1. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

College Gameday Week 2 (S3)

At Death Valley. Clemson, South Carolina
    [​IMG]
    [size=+3]Game of the Week[/size]
    [​IMG] at [​IMG]
    [size=+1]#4 Georgia 0-0 vs #12 Clemson 0-0[/size]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Chris: Welcome to another episode of College Gameday. We're here at Clemson, South Carolina where Clemson will play host to the Georgia Bulldogs. This is a old rivalry, which Georgia has dominated in the past. Both teams are solid and are looking for a BCS Birth. Let's look at the top 15 for week 2.

Rank Team
    1 [​IMG]
    2 [​IMG]
    3 [​IMG]
    4 [​IMG]
    5 [​IMG]
    6 [​IMG]
    7 [​IMG]
    8 [​IMG]
    9 [​IMG]
    10 [​IMG]
    11 [​IMG]
    12 [​IMG]
    13 [​IMG]
    14 [​IMG]
    15 [​IMG]

Pre-Season Championship Predictions

[​IMG]
    Chris: Alright, so as you can see Florida moved to the number two spot, and Texas dropped down to 15. Time for the second we like to call "Quick Fire Questions"

WHAT TO WATCH FOR
    [​IMG]
    Chris: So Lee and Kirk. Let's go. Best user passer in Week 1?

Kirk: Josh Nunes Lee: Josh Nunes easily

[​IMG]
    Chris: Who wins the ACC this year?

Lee: FSU Kirk: North Carolina

[​IMG]
    Chris: How shocked are you about the Texas upset by Washington last week?

Kirk: Very surpised, but Washington stepped up. Lee: I was pretty suprised, but Washington has a stud running back.

What To Watch For (USER GAMES)

[​IMG]
    Chris: Alright, and no for one of the most popular segments, what to watch for. I name the game you tell me what to watch out for on each side of the ball for each time, and the final score.

First up, Kirk: [​IMG] at [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Kirk: Miami travels to Boston College to open up their ACC schedule. Here are some key playmakers for Miami

Offense: 88ovr Tommy Streeter. Tommy has 99 acceleration, and 91 catch in traffic. Good luck trying to stop this guy.

Defense:99 DT Marcus Forston. Miami's defense is LOADED but as you know the defense wins championships. 95 strength. 93 hit power. 93 play recognition. 99 power moves. 95 block shedding. He's the best defensive lineman in the nation. Bar-none.

For Boston College here are the playmakers.

Offense: 90 ovr QB Michael Marscovetra. 86 Throw Power, and 92 Throw Accuracy. Michael can air the ball out, but he's more of a manager for this Boston College team.

Defense: 97ovr MLB Luke Kuechly. 99 tackle, and 91 play recognition. Luke will be a smart player in the middle of the field, and not much will get past him if he can make a play.

My prediction: Miami win this easily 38-17

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]
    Chris: Okay Lee, it's your turn. Tell me what you think about.....
    Game:[​IMG]@[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lee: FSU plays their first game of the season against Oklahoma, and what a first time it is. Oklahoma has fallen off a bit, but they are still as dangerous as ever. Key playmakers for FSU.

Offense:
    88 WR Willie Haulstead. What a playmaker guys. He's got 98 speed, and when he's in the open he's got sick jukes moves...He's GONE.

Defense: 92 CB Greg Reid. This guy is a great cornerback! He's a speedster at 92 speed, and 99 Accleration! He's got 91 play recognition guys, and his zone defense is top notch! I feel like he's going to be lockdown today.

Oklahoma...

Offense: 95 ovr Jermie Calhoun. This guy is a man among boys, sweetheart. Great speed, great break tackle, great vision. 92 Elusiveness, he's one of the best running backs in the nation. He's got all the skills to pay the bills!

Defense:95 ovr MLB Tom Wort. He's got decent coverage skills, but where he really excels is in his tackling. Just a great MLB all around.

My prediction: FSU pulls out a close one in Norman, 27-20

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]
    Chris: The number one team Alabama, and last year's National Champions has a tough first game against Texas. Texas had a dissapointing loss to Washington last week so it will be interesting to see how they respond.

[​IMG]
    Kirk: Alabama has so many playmakers all over the field. They're a favorite by many to win the championship again. We saw Texas struggle last week, and this week should be even tougher. Could the Longhorns go 0-2?

Alabama

Offense: Who else? 99 ovr HB Trent Richardson. Richardson in my opinion is the most complete back in the entire NCAA. Listen to these ratings...95 speed, 88 agility, 99 acceleration, 99 STAMINA, 99 Break tackle, 99 TRUCKING, 91 stiff arm, 91 carrying. What an absolute stud. Texas will not be able to stop him after giving up so many rushing yards to Washington last week.

Defense: 99 OVR CB Dre Kirkpatrick. 96 Speed, 93 Agility, 95 Acceleration. He will be lock down this game. He also has brilliant cover skills with 97 man coverage, 95 Zone Coverage, and 95 press.

Texas

Offense: 94 ovr WR DeSean Hales. Great speed, and great catching. The most important being his 91 Catch In Traffic.

Defense: 92 ovr LE Dravannti. He will have to try to contain Richardson from getting to the outside, we focused on 95 RE Alex Okafor last week. This tandem will have to play their best to stop Alabama's power running game.

My prediction: Texas loses to Alabama 14-27.

This is where I quit being so detailed. It's hard work typing something for each of these games lol. Expect I more condensed version like these for all the games next week except the main game of the weekend. Sorry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lee: North Carolina hosts a unranked Georgia Tech team. North Carolina upset a good Stanford team last week and is looking to carry that momentum into this game.

Offense:
    87 ovr HB Lamar Miller. Miller is a scat back. 91 speed, 94 agility, 94 acceleration, but look out sunshine this guy can break some tackles too and he hits the holes immediately with his great vision.

Defense: 95 LE Donte Paige Moss. He has 92 acceleration and 82 speed...for a LE! How insane is that guys? This kid has excellent Pursuit and play recognition. Just a great defensive player, and you know they are going to need them to stop this Georgia Tech option attack.

Georgia Tech...

Offense: 84 QB Tevin Washington. Georgia Tech did a good job recruiting the heir of QB from Josh Nesbitt. Tevin is a speedster with 85 speed, 89 acceleration. His arm needs some work though as he has 83 accuracy.

Defense: 94 MLB BJ Machen. He has great play recognition (95) and 90 tackle. Can he cover the middle of the field good enough? His coverage skills aren't very good, so we'll have to see if the NC QB can pick at his weakness.

My prediction: North Carolina wins this game 24-14 against the Yellow Jackets.

[​IMG]
    Chris: This game puts two new coaches against each other with alemic vs thepaw. LSU is hosting the Huskies who upset Texas last week.

[​IMG]
    Kirk: Yeah Chris, I have to say I was impressed with how Washington came out and played last week against Texas. How LSU plays has yet to be determined since they were idle last week. Let's look at the breakdowns.

Washington

Offense: 80 OVR HB Deontae Cooper. Did this guy have a great game last week or what? He gashed the Texas defense for over 200 rushing yards. I don't believe it was a fluke. Deontae is a speed back. He has 90+ ratins in both speed, acceleration, and elusiveness, and he has pretty decent hands out of the backfield as well.

Defense: 88 OVR FS Nate Fellner. Nate is one of the best cover safetys in America. I don't think LSU is going to be throwing it to his side of the field very much.

LSU

Offense: 96 ovr WR Rueben Randle. He's not a burner, but he has great jumping and great all around catching skills. He has good size as well at 6'3"

Defense: 99 ovr RE Lavar Edwards. Great speed for a defensive end, and he's going to need every bit of it as he tries to contain Deontae from breaking outside on the runs like he's prone to do. 89 Power Moves, 95 Finesse Moves, and 96 block shedding. Beastly.

My prediction: (Not going to predict my own game :) )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lee: Both pretty highly ranked teams. Oregon lost a tough game against Florida last week. We will see if the Ducks can bounce back against a tough Virginia Tech.

Offense:
    88 ovr QB Darren Thomas. Darren is one if not the fastest QB in the NCAA. He can break a big play at anytime with his legs. His accuracy needs to improve as it's only an 82

Defense: 87 MLB Kiko Alonso. Kiko is going to have to anchor this defense. He's the best linebacker by far.

Virgina Tech

Offense: 87 QB Ju Ju Clayton. Another great playmaker with his legs. A duel of fast quarterbacks.

Defense: 87 CB Jayron Hosely. He has good coverage skills, and will need to take advantage of Darren Thomas's poor accuracy.

My prediction: Oregon bounces back with a nice 21-20 victory.

[​IMG]
    Chris: This game should be a good one, Kirk. Tell me what you think will happen.

[​IMG]
    Kirk: Stanford's QB Josh Nunes had an outstanding game last week against North Carolina but couldn't pull out the win. Michigan is pretty unknown thus far but this is how I see it playing out.

Michigan

Offense: 93 OVR QB Tate Forcier. Decent wheels, and a great arm. Should be interesting to see if this Stanford defense can stop him.

Defense: 91 OVR FS Vladimir Emilien. With a name like that you can't really go wrong. Vlad is a very fast safety, who excels in zone coverage.

Stanford

Offense: 89 ovr QB Josh Nunes. Once again he is my playmaker for the Stanford game. Why? He put up some ridiculous numbers last week and is third in the nation in passing yards. That's why.

Defense: 93 ovr RE Josh Marou. He's going to have to try to keep this Michigan spread in check. Mainly containing Forcier and Vincent smith on options, and get pressure on Forcier when he gets out of the pocket.

Stanford comes back after last weeks loss and beats Michigan 31-14

Gameday Special
    [size=+3]Game of the Week[/size]
    [​IMG] at [​IMG]
    [size=+1]#4 Georgia 0-0 vs #12 Clemson 0-0[/size]

[​IMG]
    Kirk: Clemson hosts the Georgia Bulldogs here tonight, guys. It should be a great match up against two tradition rich schools. I'm expecting a slugfest.

Clemson

Offense: 87 OVR HB Andre Ellington. Ellington is lightning quick, and can catch the ball out of the backfield. This is his year after many years of being stuck behind Jamie Harper. Ellington will need to get into some open space and work his magic for Clemson.

Defense: 89 OVR LOLB Quando Christian. Quando is a beast, he's very fast and is field smart. I look for Quando to have a big game.

Georgia

Offense: Dual players today. 96 OVR HB Washaun Ealey, and 94 WR Tavarres King. Two absolutely stud playmakers on this Georgia offense. I think Clemson's defense is going to have trouble containing these two.

Defense: 93 ovr CB Branden Smith. Extremely fast (96 speed, 99 Accleration. High awareness and pursuit. Sometimes he does bite on playaction, which is one main weak point (89 play reaction). I look for for Branden Smith to take away Clemson's best WR on each down.

MY prediction: Georgia beats Clemson at Death Valley 48-24 *crowd boos*

[​IMG]
    Lee: I'LL AGREE WITH YOU THIS WEEK LETS GO DAWGS!!!!!

[​IMG]

(wow, it hurt to pick against Clemson...even on a video game :p)

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Official forum lurker here :p

But just wanted to say that this is a pretty good write-up man. Seen some of your other work in the past...good stuff(y)

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Hey great stuff paw. It makes this OD much more interesting. I look forward to these.

But I know it's alot of work so my suggestion would be to slim it all down. And if you just don't feel like doing it all one week. Just write up the big game of the week.

Not saying stop all this content ...just letting you know ...that I know it's alotnof work!

4. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Yeah man, I had to take three breaks while doing it lol. I just got so sick of it. I think i'm going to pick one big game and do a big breakdown or pick the three biggest games and stuff, but thanks for the compliments.

5. alemic

alemic Walk On

lol thanks for not predicting my butt whooping

6. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

great input once again

7. BTown

BTown Walk On

Sorry I let the boys on Gameday down! It was a fun game. Anytime you go into OT, it sucks to lose but Clemson played well. On to week 3....