College Gameday: Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Jul 19, 2011.

1. -4-

-4- Walk On

[​IMG]
    Welcome to ESPN’s College Gameday; Live from College Station, Texas, the site of this week’s game of the week between the Arkansas Razorbacks and the Texas A&M Aggies.

[​IMG]

I’m Chris Fowler and I’ll be joined by Herbie and the Coach to discuss this week’s News around the world of college football as well as preview this week’s great slate of action on the gridiron.

We start here in College Station where Gameday is this week. Let’s welcome Erin Andrews with the latest on the Game of the Week between the Aggies and Razorbacks.
    [​IMG]
    “For the second straight week the Arkansas Razorbacks will be in Texas to take on a member of the Big XII. Last week, the Hogs dispatched Texas Tech in impressive fashion. This week may be a different story however, as the Aggies are a whole ‘nother monster. But the high-octane Arkansas offense, highlighted by a devastating receiving corps, looks as if it will keep them right with the slightly more talented Aggies and should give them a chance to win in the end.

Texas A&M is coming off an impressive season-opening win of their own, shutting out UCLA last week. The Aggies are a very experienced team this season. However, this group of seniors hasn’t been too successful thus far in their careers as the Aggies have failed to live up to expectations the past few years. Cyrus Gray leads a powerful A&M backfield that should be difficult for the Razorbacks to stop. But the big question will be whether or not the Aggies will have enough gas in the tank to stick with Arkansas and grind out a win.”

Players to Watch
    For Arkansas: Senior Wideout Greg Childs.
    For Texas A&M: Running Back Cyrus Gray.
    [​IMG]

Which teams should be on on Upset Alert this week?

Coach- Stanford on the road in Knoxville. The Cardinal survived a near upset last week against rival Notre Dame, will they be able to survive again this week?

Herbie- Michigan hosting Notre Dame. The Wolverines will be without star QB Denard Robinson for the rivalry game this week. Only time will tell whether or not young Devin Gardner will be able to fill the gaping hole.

Who to Watch
    Which players are we expecting to come up big for their team this week?

Herbstreit- Andrew Luck of Stanford. Luck had a poor game last week at Notre Dame, but I think his confidence and poise will be back this week, and the Cardinal will get it done.

Corso- Running Back Cyrus Gray of Texas A&M. The Aggies have a dangerous one-two punch in the backfield and either of the two could be stars, but Gray is looking like he'll be the man this year.

Now on to this opening weekend’s great slate of games. Let’s welcome our celebrity guest picker Outspoknpoet

[​IMG][​IMG]#14

Herbstreit-
    [​IMG]
    Corso-
    [​IMG]
    Guest (poet)-
    [​IMG]
    TCU dominated Arizona State in Week 1. That was a user game against a team and a coach that really have a lot of potential. Baylor has Robert Griffin and thats about it. Not to mention the game will be played AT TCU.

Game. Set. Match. - Horned Frogs Will Throttle Baylor.

[​IMG][​IMG]#7

Herbstreit-
    [​IMG]
    Corso-
    [​IMG]
    Guest (poet)-
    [​IMG]
    A team on the rise behind the extremely talented WR, Blackmon will have little trouble against SMU. A team with a high powered offense but no defense to back it up

#13[​IMG][​IMG]

Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    Guest (poet)-
    [​IMG]
    The legend of Lattimore seems to be at it's high point. Expect South Carolina to come into ECU ready to make them look like punks. Don't forget however, ECU upset Virginia Tech a few years ago. And while they are no James Madison, they are a team to be reckoned with.

#23[​IMG][​IMG]

Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    Guest (poet)
    [​IMG]
    Arizona State was embarrassed last week by TCU on their home turf. This week is ASU's first Black Out game. Expect the fans to be loud and the coach to pull out all the stops as Arizona State looks to do something on offense for the first time this season. This could be a very close game, but it could also be the moment where Coach Poet decides to 'Sweep The Leg'.

#8[​IMG][​IMG]

Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    Guest (poet)
    [​IMG]
    Since I have an undying hatred of Boise State I will freely admit that I am cheering like hell for Georgia to beat them by 50. This will be a close match as UGA is trying to figure out how to move on after losing their two top HBs before the season even started. Expect Boise to struggle without their retarded blue plastic field.

#10[​IMG][​IMG]#19

Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    Guest (poet)
    [​IMG]
    This could be a very tight game, but now that Urban Meyer has left his post as Warden of the University of Florida Prison Team, there seems to be little hope outside of Jeff Demps saving the day for the Gators as they go up against a very dangerous FSU Team.

#24[​IMG][​IMG]

Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    Guest (poet)
    [​IMG]
    Michigan is coming off a rough run with Dick Rod. Now that they have someone new in charge, they look to bounce back. The only question is whether or not they will try to ride the legs of their delicate would-be 'Boy In The Bubble', Denard Robinson all the way to victory - or maybe just all the way to funky town.

#22[​IMG][​IMG]#25

Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    Guest (poet)
    [​IMG]
    This could be the most evenly match game of the week. Michigan State is coming off a tough loss at home and could very well bounce back. However, with the knowledge both coaches have of eachother, this could be a game for the ages!

#3[​IMG][​IMG]

Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    Guest (poet)
    [​IMG]
    Luck had a terrible game last week. The #1 Prospect for the 2012 draft will have to battle the crowd at Neyland Stadium, but we shouldn't be hearing very much Rocky Top in this one. Cardinal will spank the Vols hard at their own home in Knoxville.

***GOTW***

#17[​IMG][​IMG]#9
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Guest (poet)
    [​IMG]
    The advantage in this one has to go to the Aggies simply because they are the home team. With Arkansas having a virtually unstoppable offense, a lot will be riding on A&M's powerful defense to rush the QB and make Arkansas realize that this is a hard place to win.​

Coach, who ya got…

[​IMG]

Thanks for joining us here on College Gameday, enjoy your Saturday with us on the ESPN family of Networks.

[​IMG]

2. -4-

-4- Walk On

Man, I am having the worst day with embedding stuff. Spent an hour and a half doing Gameday final and half the shit didn't show up. Don't worry about uploading highlights to EAS world anymore, I'm doing enough work with this.

Anyways next advance is Thursday @ Noon. Only doing Gameday from now on, no final. Please still save highlights to DW though.

I will get this fixed, live and learn i guess.

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

The gamedays are a ton of work, with little to no appreciation. Check out some of the stuff we are doing in the experience, it is easy stuff and gets everyone involved

4. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

I love this College Gameday stuff you are doing. It's awesome....One of the reasons this is the best OD I've been a part of. Keep up good work and know that people do appreciate it!

5. -4-

-4- Walk On

Ahh.... much better. Fixed.

6. -4-

-4- Walk On

Yeah, I'm pretty frustrated that I put that work into a weekly wrapup and half of it didn't show up because of the file upload limit.:mad:

Might as well post some of the stuff I can, since I did write it, LOL...

Who’s Stock is Up
    TCU Horned Frogs- Won big in Week 1’s GOTW. The Horned Frogs look like they’re for real this year.
    Texas A&M Aggies- Dominant defensive performance, shutting out UCLA. An Aggie win this week against Arkansas would go a long ways.
    West Virginia Mountaineers- Last second victory over Arizona in Tuscon. Mountaineers are now into the Top 25.

Who’s Stock is Down
    Arizona State Sun Devils- See TCU. How will the Sun Devils recover?
    Michigan State Spartans- Ugly loss to NC State last week. The Spartans nearly dropped out of the polls altogether.
    Andrew Luck- Worst performance of the Junior’s career last week against Notre Dame. Will the Heisman hopeful rebound at Tennessee this week?

Helmet Stickers
    • North Carolina State Defense- For tremendous QB pressure in their win @ MSU. 4 Sacks, numerous QB knockdowns, and 5 INTs.

• [​IMG]
    • Ed Wesley, RB, TCU For his performance in Week 1’s GOTW. 22 carries, 199 yards, 3 Touchdowns in win over ASU.

• [​IMG]
    • Matt Lindamood, FB, West Virginia for his last second bobbled TD catch and run, capping off West Virginia's comeback win in Tuscon over Arizona.

• [​IMG]
    ·

7. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Balla is tom night good to rumble?

8. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

I'm guessing I have a bye week? I haven't gotten on to check but will do so later tonight.

I'll also be out of town from wed-saturday night so if you advance I'd be able to get my game in saturday night.
    just a heads up

9. -4-

-4- Walk On

You have a BYE, yes. Maybe this week might be a little bit longer than two days since there are three user games. I have a lot of people with byes in Week 3 though. I'll try and make it so you can play though.

10. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Michigan shuts out long time hated rival Notre Dame 38-0. Denard Robinson, who wasn't expected to play (must have read the screen wrong that night and must have been 3 quarters-too late and too many cold ones with this heat) had 3 TDs with 200 yards while rushing for another 50. RB, Stephen Hopkins went for 140 yards and a TD, while also grabbing a hail mary to end the first half for a TD.

The real story in this game was the Michigan defense. They held the Fighting Irish to 127 yards and 1-11 on 3rd down conversions. They also returned a fumble for a TD.

Coach chopper starts his coaching career off on the right foot with his first rivalry win and can't wait to face Notre Dame next season.

11. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Ok State beats SMU 49-42 on a game ending 79 yard hail marry from Weeden to Blackmon! More coming soon in the game summaries!

12. -4-

-4- Walk On

Im so confused how some of you are shutting out the computer. Granted im nothing special on the sticks, but I've tried every possible variation on D and the Cpu almost always finds the open man or finds a hole and breaks off a huge run. I haven't even come close to a shutout with any team against any team with any slider set. I've tried playing as a lineman l, linebacker, and safety. I've hot routed routes, messed with gameplanning, adjusted formations and im gettin burned no matter what I do.

I understand some of the high scoring because there are a ton of things that need to be worked on, but WTF am I missing here it makes no sense to me that a few of you are doing what you are doing.

Just boggles my mind :).

13. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

I totally feel you on this one -4- I just got beat by Florida 49-42 with their RB's aver more than 10 yards a carry and that was with Demps being injured the entire second half. It seems that the RB holes are so big and my defenders are being suction blocked that I can't even touch the CPU RB until he is at the second level of my defense. It was a fun game though but I knew that I was going lose the first 2 mins into the game when I seen those CPU rushing holes open up...

14. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Well all I can say bout my games being low scoring is madden taught me to play defense last year. If you didn't the game would come down to ever had the ball last. I use a lb and sometimes a safety, and always in cpu games will switch to the defender to knock the pass down or try to intercept it-way more efficient than the AI doing it for me. Idk, I like defense more than offense, and I love shutting the opposing team out.

15. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I love doing them and it helps learn about the league. My problem is that advances are so fast, there isn't time to do them!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Ya game days are sweet. Tell you the cpu is so much better it will keep the game fresh all year instead of just waiting for user games. My defense is good, but my O is really bad more so just me. I have a system I run on D I picked up off another site a few years ago and the guy (labbed?) with me. Took a while to get used to but once I got the hang of it I started shutting down offense's. But as any D goes you'll have your bad games.

17. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Is anybody else having a problem with sacks? I was playing SMU (whos not the best team) and I got sacked 7 times! My o-line isnt great, but there is no way I should be letting up 7 sacks against SMU! Anybody else having a problem like this?

18. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Must be the style of play by some of you no one in my other league on here is having issues with this.

19. Outspoknpoet

Outspoknpoet Shock and Awesome

A lot might depend on the routes your players are running. If you are waiting for Blackmon to run his vertical you won't always have 10 seconds in the pocket. I suggest tuning your gameplan a little bit more towards a balanced setup. Throw in some Draws and such if you are going to be pass heavy. Otherwise, use slide protection.

20. -4-

-4- Walk On

Just giving everyone a heads up... I think I'm going to extend this week until Friday morning instead of tomorrow morning. Three of you guys have mentioned something to me about being busy over the next few days. SO to fit into everyone's schedule and make it so that everyone will be able to play all their games/recruit, I'll make this week 3 days.

So next advance will now be Friday morning around 10 or 11 AM instead of tomorrow. And then we'll go back to two-day advances, so Week 3 will be up from friday morning until Sunday morning. I think that will allow everyone to get their stuff done that told me they were doing something this weekend. I know that a lot of people hav a Bye in week 3, so it may be a bit of a wait for those who have already played this week's game to play again.

My new TV (Old LCD broke) won't be here until tomorrow anyways, so I won't have to play on this small old TV that cuts the sides off anymore either. Which will be nice seeing as I have my first user game this week.

21. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Ya, I was spreading the ball around so I wasnt focousing just on Blackmon. I think its because they shut my run game down they knew I was going to be passing every down?

22. Outspoknpoet

Outspoknpoet Shock and Awesome

You should post some videos next time in order for us to help determine if it is a slider issue or not. Makes it a lot easier to pin point the issues. In my offline dynasty I have noticed that my OLine is pretty lacking.

I think either CPU Pass Rush or maybe Pass Blocking could possible use a bump in either direction if that is what is decided. But in my ASU CPU game I was able to have a pretty legit game on offense. Defense...lol.. uh... about that. hahaha

23. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

GG Edge...That damn Defense of yours is fast and gave me fits!!! Picked me off 3 times....UGH!!

24. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

ya gg the rivalry is reborn. Like I said I'm scrapin the cpb crap it had all my formations an plays screwed up. I'm not sure if I would came out on top anyway your offense is freakin machine. That one catch was insane by Childs. GL the rest of the way you're gonna be hard to take down.

25. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Yea Childs is a beast....I'm pretty sure 1 on 1, he'll win everytime if I can throw a catch-able ball