College Gameday: Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Jul 21, 2011.

1. -4-

-4- Walk On

[​IMG]
    Welcome to ESPN’s College Gameday. Live from Knoxville, Tennessee; the site of this week’s game of the week between the Oklahoma State Cowboys and the Tennessee Volunteers.

[​IMG]

I’m Chris Fowler and I’ll be joined by Herbie and the Coach to discuss this week’s News around the world of college football as well as preview this week’s great slate of action on the gridiron.

We start here in Knoxville where Gameday is this week. Let’s welcome Erin Andrews with the latest on the Game of the Week between the Vols and the Cowboys.

[​IMG]
    “Last week, the Oklahoma State Cowboys were given fits by the offense of the highly underrated SMU Mustangs, and were nearly upset. But, this week the Cowboys will have to really step their game up as they’ll be taking on a perennial SEC-power in Tennessee. Wideout Justin Blackmon had a huge game last week in the OK State win, but look for the Vols to focus on shutting him down. The Cowboys are going to need to get more people involved if they want a chance in this one.

After a close loss to a top-five Stanford team last week in a high scoring affair, the Vols will look to rebound this week and show that they are among the nation’s elite teams this season. While very young, the Volunteers are an extremely dangerous team that should give the Cowboys trouble on both sides of the ball. Along with the home-field advantage, this should keep them right with Oklahoma State and give the Vols a great chance to pull the upset.”

Players to Watch

For OK State: Heisman candidate WR Justin Blackmon. Blackmon is coming off of a huge week last week vs SMU.
    [​IMG]

For Tennessee: Cornerback Janzen Jackson. Jackson will have coverage duties on Blackmon.
    [​IMG]

Thanks Erin; Now it’s time to take a very early look at this season’s Heisman race.

Heisman Watch presented by Nissan.
    [​IMG]
    1. Andrew Luck, JR QB, Stanford
    2. Kellen Moore, SR QB, Boise State
    3. LaMichael James, JR HB, Oregon
    4. Ed Wesley, JR RB, TCU
    5. Stephan Taylor, JR RB, Stanford

Which teams need to be on Upset Alert this week?

Coach- #2 Alabama on the road in Happy Valley to take on a tough Penn State team. I like the Lions to get it done.

Herbie- Virginia Tech on the road in Pittsburgh. Beamer ball is alive and well in Blacksburg, but the tough environment at Heinz Field could prove troublesome for the Hokies.

Let’s take a look at the latest Coaches Poll, brought to you by Old Spice. “Smell like a man, man.”
    Poll 3a.png
    Poll 3b.png

Well, the headgear is here and ready to go, so it’s now time for our picks segment. Let’s welcome our celebrity guest picker -Balla-

(1-0) [​IMG] [​IMG]#9 (1-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Guest (Balla)
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(0-1) [​IMG] [​IMG] #22 (1-1)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Guest (Balla)
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

#11 (1-0) [​IMG] [​IMG] (0-1)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Guest (Balla)
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    #24 (1-1) [​IMG] [​IMG] (1-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Guest (Balla)
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    #2 (0-0)[​IMG] [​IMG] (1-1)
    Herbstreit-
    [​IMG]
    Guest (Balla)
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    #15 (1-0) [​IMG] [​IMG] (1-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Guest (Balla)
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

#10 (0-0) [​IMG][​IMG]#18 (1-0)

Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Guest (Balla)
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

***GOTW***
    #7 (1-0) [​IMG][​IMG] (1-1)

Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Guest (Balla)
    [​IMG]

Coach, who ya got…

[​IMG]

Thanks for joining us on ESPN this morning, enjoy your day of college football on the ESPN family of networks.
    [​IMG]

2. -4-

-4- Walk On

Next advance is either Late Saturday or early Sunday. I extended week 2 so that this week wouldn't be too long because there are only 5 people with a game.

If you haven't figured it out, you're not on gameday picks, you have a BYE.

3. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Thank the lord I have a bye week 3......I hope putting the sliders to AA level aren't going to be the same in the past when the CPU defense automatically knows your play and you have to audible out.....

4. -4-

-4- Walk On

Go to the dynasty and go to commissioner options or something like that. You can view the sliders. Test em out, I like em they feel much better.

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

From what I see so far, I am not a fan of these sliders at all. Heisman feels just cheezy to me.

Were you running adjusted sliders here before on AA? Because if so, you should just put them to default with INT adjusted. That is what we run in the E and they play just fine with me. I just got done playing Florida and couldn't run the ball worth shit and didn't have control of the game till late in the 3rd.

Each persons skill level is different, so what plays good for some, may play horrible for others. Also when they start releasing tuning packages, it will likely screw up the sliders like last years game.

I am not sure how others feel about this, but I do not like changing sliders like this at all. The E. was doing this same thing and half the league left because of it. Keep a constant throughout the season and if we need to mess with the sliders like this, then we should do it after the season.

6. Outspoknpoet

Outspoknpoet Shock and Awesome

Just lost 36-34 to Iowa...

Went 2/15 passing... psychic defense and retarded WRs on my team spelled our doom.
    Rushing game was dismal at best.

Was winning this game until Comeback AI stepped in and took over.

Oh well...

7. -4-

-4- Walk On

Well... I'm NOT going to sit around and watch you guys put up 50 points and 500 passing yards or 300 rushing yards every week and have crazy shoot-outs. All I want is realism. I know that some people are at different skill levels than others, but that crap in a lot of the CPU games the first two weeks was ridiculous.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I think your getting bent out of shape over 2 blow outs and 2 other games that were very close. We have only played 2 weeks of games and it really is too early to make a jump from AA to Heisman. If you want to "tweek" them, then so be it, but to "overhaul" them after only 2 weeks in is a bit much.

I understand you want realism, but sometimes this game just won't give you it. I don't think I would ever see ASU's QB go 2-15 against an Iowa D that lost its best 3 defenders and is unproven.

Its a game, things happen, and have fun.

9. -4-

-4- Walk On

No... im telling you there were problems with where we were. I played multiple games offline and figured out what people were doing to get so many yards and points. The cpu was just stupid good on offense in every game I've played.

I have nothing else constructive to say. Im telling you Heisman feels better to me this year. These are easier than they were before this week, unless you were exploiting something before and are upset because it can't be done. Not you specifically nautica, just saying in general.

10. -4-

-4- Walk On

So, though about. This a bit. Can you guys just give these a chance? Play some play now games without a negative attitude and without writing them off going in and see what you think. If the majority hate them, we can change back to AA and id even toss your result poet. But there is 0 chance we would go back to where we were, way too unbalanced.

My week one game was the least fun I can EVER remember playing a game of NCAA. So I barely tweaked a couple things and then it became way too easy to run. The super cpu was ever so present on offense, and impossible to stop for 90% of people (I still don't know how there were two shutouts posted).

CPU pass rush and CPU pass coverage could be tweaked easier but that's the only flaw I've seen with this set.

11. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

I can see both Nautica and -4- points of view regarding slider changing. Usually adjustments are made during the halfway point or offseason, but if -4- feels that the league is too powerful against CPU then that's a different story..I had two great games the first 2 weeks of the season with the original sliders. Both were 7 point differences between me and CPU with me winning 1 and losing 1. Granted my second game against Florida they have a super CPU offense that resulted in them scoring 49 pts against me, but that was mostly because my D was getting suction blocked and their RB's were avg 10 yard a carry.

12. Outspoknpoet

In my first game against the CPU they really put up a fight on offense by the end of the game.

However, in this last game the CPU pretty much decided it wasn't going to lose. A lot of crazy stuff happened in that game.
    I am more for going back to original sliders than anything. If you throw out my results let me know so I can put aside time to play my game.
    I will be out of town from tonight (Friday) through Monday.

I was just surprised to hear that the difficulty had been changed and not just a simple slider tweak. I was also under some sort of assumption that things were put to a vote before. Meh... w/e.

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

This is what I have seen here, each week the sliders have been changed. I don't know if we started out at default AA but that is what I'll assume, and then for week 2 they were adjusted and made easier. Now we are in week 3 and they are jacked up to Heisman.

We had CPU losses in both Week 1 and 2, so the CPU has to be difficult enough for some here. There is always going to be a gap in skill between guys, but making slider adjustments on whims like this is going to end up being a deal breaker for me.

14. -4-

-4- Walk On

They are on heisman, but they are easier than they were on AA. I don't think crazy stuff is happening at all with these sliders.

We were never on default AA. I don't care if its difficult or easy, I just want a good playing game. A qb should not be able to complete every pass. A running back should not be able to gain 10 yards per carry. That was the case before for both User and CPU. Not cool at all with me. I have played many games with all the sliders, and these on heisman feel best to me. You guys are gettig scared off by the word heisman, whereas IRL ASU-Iowa could go either way. Iowa has a stout rush d, always have.

Other than poet, can you guys say you have even played with how I set it up. Probably not. If its such a huge deal to you guys I will work on a AA set today, but it will again be nothing like we had before. It was my fault that sliders got screwy and im trying to fix it. We will not play on default AA either, just letting you know.

My goal is a realistic playing game and to keep everyone happy. I don't want anyone to complain and I don't want to have to touch sliders again for a long time. But I had to mess with them because I didn't test enough before we started.

15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

16. Outspoknpoet

I am curious to see how other games turn out at this point.

17. -4-

-4- Walk On

I don't like the way default AA plays in a few areas. I started there.

I'm testing this guy's sliders right now. Had a pretty good first game. If anyone has free time today, please play with these.

For game two, I am lowering CPU RB ability to 70, and raising CPU rush D to 70.

Playing with 7 minute quarters instead of 8 and with Speed threshold @ 30. Other than that with the exact sliders.

I'd be cool with this set I think, I'm going to play 3-4 more games though. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...s/491652-ncaa-12-all-american-slider-set.html

18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I was just hoping we could keep the sliders as close to default AA as possible. With the E. as my 1st priority league, I want to be in another league that has similar or identical sliders so that I don't have to play differently between the 2 because of sliders.

Remember as soon as a tuning set gets released these sliders are going to go to shit like last year.

I'm sorry if I am being annoying about this I just HATE jacked up sliders because what may play good for one won't for another.

19. joshwitt

joshwitt Walk On

In a less serious note, -4- - I'm digging the almost girl on girl action shot that you found for the UT pic...well done, sir!

Jag - When can you play??

• Like Like x 1
  20. -4-

-4- Walk On

LOL, that was the best I could find this week.

You know UT must be really conservative because doing a google search, I was barely able come up with anything in that respect.

I'm a perv, I know.

21. -4-

-4- Walk On

Yes it is annoying, but I do understand.

However, the ones I just posted and am testing are less jacked up (I'm assuming you mean far from default) than the ones we were using in Week 1 and 2, Just an FYI.

22. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Im good pretty much anytime! I sent you a xbl message with my cell #

23. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Ok State looses to Tenn 42-38... Great game joshwitt!

24. joshwitt

joshwitt Walk On

-4- - the stats from my and Jag's game are gawdy because it was 21-21 with 3:00 left in the fourth and it cut off. We re-connected and made it 21-21 at half and just played the 2nd half out, so essentially there are stats from 1.5 games. We probably should have just replayed the game, but it was late and we didn't feel like it.

Great game to Jag - that was a lot of fun. I got lucky on a very important 4th down conversion late or that game ends differently. Can't wait to travel to Boone Pickens next year!

25. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Funny story about OK States stadium, how it was built and stuff....if you don't know, Boone Pickens had no idea who Mike Gundy was.....Mike Gundy found out how rich he was and made friends with him and...viola, OSU has state of the art stadium. lol. Mike Gundy is the ULTIMATE salesman. He spoke at the AFCA convention in Dallas last Jan. Got to hear his stories and meet him, dude is LEGIT.