College Gameday: Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Jul 24, 2011.

1. -4-

-4- Walk On

[​IMG]
    Welcome to ESPN’s College Gameday, Live from Ann Arbor, Michigan; the site of this week’s game of the week between the Texas A&M Aggies and the Michigan Wolverines.

[​IMG]

I’m Chris Fowler and I’ll be joined by Herbie and the Coach to discuss this week’s News around the world of college football as well as preview this week’s great slate of action on the gridiron.

We start here in Ann Arbor where Gameday is this week. Let’s welcome Erin Andrews with the latest on the Game of the Week between the Wolverines and the Aggies

[​IMG]

“The Texas A&M Aggies are coming off of a disappointing rivalry loss to unbeaten Arkansas. But, that loss won’t get the Aggies down, as coach edge7771 has A&M ready for the quick Wolverine offense. The Aggies will look to their stout defense to make the plays this week, hoping that the unsure hands of star Michigan QB Denard Robinson will produce a few mistakes along the way.

The Michigan Wolverines are off to a surprising 2-0 start, dismantling their first two opponents this season. Denard Robinson heads the Wolverine attack, but the oft-injured QB will have to stay healthy if the Wolverines want a chance in their toughest game to-date.”

Players to Watch

For Texas A&M: QB Ryan Tannehill
    [​IMG]

For Michigan: QB Denard Robinson.
    [​IMG]

Thanks Erin; Now it’s time to take a very early look at this season’s Heisman race.

Heisman Watch presented by Nissan.
    [​IMG]
    1. Andrew Luck, JR QB, Stanford
    2. Kellen Moore, SR QB, Boise State
    3. LaMichael James, JR HB, Oregon
    4. Ed Wesley, JR RB, TCU
    5. Jaamal Berry, SO RB, Ohio State

[​IMG]

Which teams need to be on Upset Alert this week?

Coach- #21 Texas hosting a dangerous West Virginia team. This one should go down to the wire.

Herbie- #6 Ohio State @ Miami. The Buckeyes without Terrelle Pryor will struggle in this non-conference battle on the road.

Let’s take a look at the latest Coaches Poll, brought to you by Old Spice. “Smell like a man, man.”
    Poll4a.png
    Poll 4b.png

Well, the headgear is here and ready to go so it’s now time for our picks segment. Feel free to make your picks to see how you stack up with Herbie and Corso (commish) each week in the Gameday thread.

(1-2)[​IMG][​IMG]#3 (2-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    (2-0)[​IMG][​IMG]#12 (2-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    (2-0) #6 [​IMG][​IMG] (2-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(1-1) [​IMG][​IMG]#21 (2-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(2-0) #14[​IMG][​IMG]#4 (2-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(2-0) #15[​IMG][​IMG]#24 (2-1)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(1-1) #19[​IMG] [​IMG] #22 (2-1)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(2-0) #10[​IMG][​IMG]#11 (2-0)

Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

***GOTW***
    (1-1) #17[​IMG][​IMG]#25 (2-0)

Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Coach, who ya got…

[​IMG]

Thanks for joining us on ESPN this morning, enjoy your day of college football on the ESPN family of networks.

[​IMG]

2. -4-

-4- Walk On

Next advance is Tuesday @ approximately NOON EST.

Absolutely fantastic slate of games this week.

If you guys want some even better results I suggest inputting these Sub In/Outs into your strategy...

OFFENSE
    QB OUT-65
    QB IN-70
    RB OUT-80
    RB IN-85
    WR OUT-80
    WR IN-85
    FB/TE OUT-80
    FB/TE IN-85
    OL OUT-65
    OL IN-70

DEFENSE
    DT OUT-80
    DT IN-85
    DE OUT-80
    DE IN-85
    LB OUT-80
    LB IN-85
    CB OUT-70
    CB IN-85
    S OUT-80
    S IN-85

3. SpartyUp

SpartyUp Walk On

As usual, nice job with Gameday bro.

My picks-------

Stanford over ASU
    Stanford running away

Nebraska over Washington
    Close, but no cigar for Washington.

OSU over Miami
    Bucks win no problem

West Virginia over Texas
    Should be a tough game, but I've got to have confidence in myself.

Mississippi State over LSU
    Mississippi State continues its quest to turn into an SEC Power.

Tennessee over Florida
    Toss-up, giving it to the team with home-field.

Michigan State over FSU
    this one's a toss-up, same as above

Arkansas over TCU
    SEC flexes its muscles, Razorbacks move into the top 10.

Game of the week

Texas A&M, just because I can't bring myself to pick Michigan.

4. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

ahh another bye

stanford over asu
    neb over washington
    osu over miami
    wvu over texas
    lsu over msu
    tenn over fl

fsu over mich st
    arkansas over tcu
    tamu over michigan

5. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

6. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Nice gameday man! I like the last pic. And I guess I have a bye this week?

7. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Either these new sliders are ridiculous or TCU is just that good. It's in the 3rd quarter, 4 mins left and they are up 56-42. They break every first tackle, INCLUDING THEIR GARBAGE QB. The RB doesn't get tackled, he has ran for 303 yards already.

8. SpartyUp

SpartyUp Walk On

I just had a really good game with these actually. won 27-23 at Texas. Stats were really solid, and spread running is perfect.

The CPU pass rush is a little ridiculous at times and so is their running back ability/run blocking. But, other than that I loved them.

9. -4-

-4- Walk On

Let me see some highlights, and your stats afterwards. If it's bad I'll toss it. Their QB shouldnt be running but there is a roster glitch that changes pocket passers into scramblers, scramblers into pocket passers, etc.

I already knew the two things that were possibly going to be a problem for some were the running abilty and pass rush by the CPU, so I already have somethings ready to go if need be. But, I have not scored more than 40 or had 40 put up on me in the 15-20 games I've played with this set-up.

10. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

I just won 76-66. So yea......not realistic football.

How do I upload the videos for you to see -4-??

And the pass rush wasn't bad, only got sacked 5 times....The CPU run blocking and CPU RB were just unreal....Ed Wesley ran for 345, 217 after first contact...lol, had 9 broken tackles.....and that garbage QB broke 5 tackles and had 31 yards after contact.....

11. -4-

-4- Walk On

OK... I'll probably toss it. I want to see other results though, because out of all my games I've ever had anything even close to that.

Umm... manage highlights in the menu, click the play and save it, exit the game and let them load. Pretty simple.

12. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

O yea and the team stats were.... Total offense: TCU- 775, Ark- 767. They ran for 430 yards on 38 carries and passed for 345 on 9/18 completions. I ran for 95 yards on 23 carries and passed for 672 on 19/40.

And then the CPU pulled the usual and called 4 penalties on me in the 4th when I made my comeback

13. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

I don't see a manage highlights tap in the menu. I'm at end game now. Instant highlight, call timeout, manual, game stats and exit game are my options....

And I won, don't throw the game out. That's BS if I have to play again. The slider issue didnt' seem to affect the guy that played Texas

14. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

All they did on defense was play man and blitz. My WR's are so good they would get off the jam and be wide open. If it wasn't for this, I'd prolly have gotten blew out in a bad way

15. joshwitt

joshwitt Walk On

I just played one of the most fun games I've ever played against the CPU. I'll do a write up tomorrow, but here's teh synopsis:

Down 34-16 at the start of the 4th. First possession I throw over top of the D to Justin Hunter for a TD. Hold them on D. Throw across the middle for a long gain to my TE. (Can't remember exactly how I scored, but got it to 34-29). So 34-29 with 3:00 left and they have the ball. They run and get it under 2:00. On a third down Brantley holds on to the ball too long, my D line clobbers him, fumbles, and my DE returns it about 60 yards for a touchdown. I hit Da Rick Rogers in the back of the end zone on the two point to make it 37-34. They march all the way down and score to make it 41-37 with 44 seconds left. I throw 4 times and get nowhere. THEY RUN THE BALL AND FUMBLE, I recover with 20 seconds left. I threw twice unsuccessfully. With 3 seconds left, I send trips right, inside guy on a slant, 2 out side guys deep. Justin Hunter gets free, Bray hits him, but he has to slow down for it, gets tacked at the 11 and I lose 41-37.

Unbelievable game. Lots of non-realism though - they ran the Wildcat twice and scored both times against a run-geared defense. Never should have happened. Lots of holding calls (however, I have a very young O line, so this actually could have happened) Their RB was very hard to tackle and mine weren't exactly easy to tackle.

Definitely a fun game, makes you not even mad about losing!

16. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

edge7771 I can play around 9 est or sometime after that too if it works for you

17. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

I'll be on now edge7771

18. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

GG -4-. It was a great defensive battle 17-10 with you stopping me twice inside the redzone. Im not sure what was up with the lag all game, that hasn't happened before when we played twice in the past OD. You played just like MSU with the strong running game and great play-actions..

19. -4-

-4- Walk On

GG man. You really locked it up in the second half there. Just got in too much of a hole early. I don't know if it was me or you, or both of us, but sorry if it was me.

Anyways, we'll play again in a couple years and I'll give you the home-field next time.