College Gameday: Week 5 @ Pullman, WA

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Oct 25, 2013.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]

STUDS & DUDS (WEEKS 1-4)
    with David Pollack

[​IMG]
    Team Opponent Result Analysis
    [​IMG] [​IMG] W 20-17 Last second field goal secures victory
    [​IMG] [​IMG] W 45-21 Lowly WSU shocks Trojans
    [​IMG] [​IMG] W 56-21 Bruins blow the doors off Nebraska

[​IMG]
    Team Opponent Result Analysis
    [​IMG] [​IMG] L 21-24 Huge upset results in firing of HC
    [​IMG] [​IMG] L 21-23 ASU comes close to a huge upset, but no dice
    [​IMG] [​IMG] L 10-30 Oregon State is stunned by Utah

• Like Like x 1
  3. IrishBearcat

4. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]

PAC-12 HEAD COACH SPOTLIGHT
    with Samantha Steele

[​IMG]

Steele: Thank you for letting me sit down with you Coach Publik D. I have a few quick questions. Going into this game, what is the biggest problem the Cougars pose to your team?

PD: Talent and great coaching. We play in a league where every week you need to show up 100% focused. Any team in our conference can beat us, and if we don't play our game that's what will happen.

Steele: Every team in the country would love to upset #2 Stanford. What's your biggest challenge keeping your team grounded and handling the competition?

PD: You know Samantha I walked into a great situation. First off Kenny Powers expects greatness. Every week in practice we don't spend a lot of time on our opponent. We focus on what we want to do, our strengths. I'm never going to out coach myself. If we come out and play the way we are capable of we should win most of our games.

Steele: Senior DE Trent Murphy already has six sacks in his first three games! What makes him such a dynamic pass rusher?

PD: Schemes, we have taken a lot of notes from the New York Giant's Nascar formation. When teams spread us out we are able to run the 2-4-5 nickle and our linebackers are collapsing the pocket and QB's just run right into him.

Steele: Give us the name of the player you believe will have the biggest impact against Washington State?

PD: Barry Sanders Jr. He had a terrible game against ASU including a muffed punt. If we win this game it will be because of defense and field position and he has gave us great field position all year.

Steele: Just before you take the field, what message will you send to your team?

PD: You see so many teams come out and touch the play like a champion sign. Screw that noise. I want my team to play within themselves and play smart football for 60 minutes. My last words before going out on the field will be, "hey Cardinal knock Washington St F-cking out."

Steele: Well, there you have it America. Thank you so much for sitting down with us Coach Publik and good luck to your team this Saturday!

PD: The pleasure was all mine! :pompous:

• Like Like x 3
  5. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]

COLLEGE GAMEDAY PREDICTIONS
    with Kirk Herbstreit & Lee Corso

Game Slate:

#1[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

Oregon opens up this week as the #1 team in the country after a close win over the Volunteers. California's only victory has come over North Texas. Their two losses two B1G teams (tOSU, NW) has them slotted at 1-2. This one will be closer than the experts think due to an underrated Golden Bear squad.

Expert Pick: OREGON

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

Arizona State hosts the Trojans in an intriguing matchup. Both squads are 0-1 in conference play including a heartbreaking loss by ASU to Stanford and a blowout upset loss to WSU by USC. This will be a close game and the winner keeps their chances to win the South alive for now.

Expert Pick: ARIZONA STATE

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

The Beavers have had a tumultuous season as any team in the country. Losing to Old Dominion and firing a head coach within the first two weeks has not been kind. Colorado has quietly been having a solid start to the season, including a victory last week over Fresno State.

Expert Pick: COLORADO

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    Arizona heads into this game coming off a bye with a 3-0 record. Washington faltered against Illinois in a 10-13 loss, but they look like a team who could end up exploding. After this Saturday, both teams will have a blemish on their record as the Huskies take this game by a score or two.

Expert Pick: WASHINGTON

[​IMG] vs. #2[​IMG]

Lee Corso: Ok, here it folks! I'm gonna tell you what - we've never been to Pullman for gameday, we've never picked Washington State....​

Kirk: You are correct Lee, never ever!

*Lee pulls out a Cougar head from under the set, bounces it up and down in his hands*

*Tosses Cougar hat off the set*
    *Corso Proceeds to walk behind a curtain that shields him from sight*
    *Corso jumps out from behind the curtain*

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Lol. Great job bud.

• Like Like x 1
  7. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Awesome job man. Our league is doing some great things

• Like Like x 2
  8. Burrcat2277

Burrcat2277 Walk On

nice job, I love it

9. IrishBearcat

Appreciate the positive feedback man! :)

10. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Outsider looking in, this looks awesome. Good work!

• Like Like x 3
  11. IrishBearcat

Really glad you liked it, was hoping a few people would. It did not take 5 minutes, I'll say that much!

• Like Like x 1
  12. controllerabuser

I bet!

13. IrishBearcat

You an xbox guy? We will always have a waiting list. :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. controllerabuser

I had one a while ago. I was actually in the Experience for a little bit. Got overwhelmed.

I still haven't decided on whether I will get the XBOX 1 or PS4 yet.

15. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

WSU vs Stanford.PNG
    #2 Stanford certainly didn't go the way anybody thought it would go. 1st Quarter was pretty slow scoring wise. Stanford had 1 turnover which Washington State converted into a 3 yard TD run by Teondray Caldwell to go up 7-0. Second Quarter was a little excitment as Washington State was on fire defense wise. We caught a interception and was stuffing stanford on a lot on runs. 10 points were scored in this quarter for WSU and Stanford had their only TD of the game. Crowd roaring as WSU goes into halftime 17-7. Halftime Buzz, everybody is talking about how WSU may pull off the upset of the year maybe??? WSU was even more hot in the 3rd quarter scoring twice and kicking a FG. After going up 37-7 in the 4th, WSU would just play conservative the rest of the game and run the ball.
    gg publik drunk

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    37-7

WSU vs Stanford 3.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  16. IrishBearcat

Cool stuff, I'm in the same boat for Next-Gen consoles as well. As far as this league goes, we'll be the standard 360 with the end of the NCAA obviously.

17. controllerabuser

You can always come check out Hard Knocks for PS4