College Gameday: Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Jul 26, 2011.

1. -4-

-4- Walk On

[​IMG]

Welcome to ESPN’s College Gameday; Live from Tuscaloosa, Alabama; the site of this week’s game of the week between the Arkansas Razorbacks and the Alabama Crimson Tide.
    [​IMG]
    I’m Chris Fowler and I’ll be joined by Herbie and the Coach to discuss this week’s News around the world of college football as well as preview this week’s great slate of action on the gridiron.

We start here in Tuscaloosa where Gameday is this week. Let’s welcome Erin Andrews with the latest on the Game of the Week between the Hogs and the Tide.

[​IMG]

“The Arkansas Razorbacks’ offense has been something to behold in this young season, torching defenses through the air with their potent passing attack and deadly receiving corps. But, the Razorbacks haven’t faced a defense like that of the top-ranked Tide, and we shall see if the bombs away style continues or if Alabama can find a way to contain it.

The Crimson Tide come into this rivalry match-up as the top-ranked team in the country, but Alabama has yet to face anyone noteworthy as of yet. This weeks game will be a huge test for Trent Richardson and the Tide. Look for Alabama to try and keep the Arkansas offense off the field by grinding it out on the ground with pre-season All-American Trent Richardson. If the Tide are able to do this, it may be a frustrating day for Arkansas.

Players to Watch
    “Both teams will need their running game to come up big in this one, so whoever has the better day on the ground will likely come out on top."

For Arkansas: RB Knile Davis
    [​IMG]
    For Alabama: RB Trent Richardson
    [​IMG]

Thanks Erin; Now it’s time to take a very early look at this season’s Heisman race.

Heisman Watch presented by Nissan.
    [​IMG]
    1. Ed Wesley, JR RB, TCU
    2. Andrew Luck, JR QB, Stanford
    3. Stephan Taylor, JR RB, Stanford
    4. LaMichael James, JR HB, Oregon
    5. Kellen Moore, SR QB, Boise State
    [​IMG]

Which teams need to be on Upset Alert this week?

Coach- #19 Michigan State hosting underachieving Penn State in a rivalry game.

Herbie- #18 North Carolina State taking on a very dangerous 2-2 Tennessee team that lost its two games to top-15 opponents by a combined 8 points.

Let’s take a look at the latest polls, brought to you by Old Spice. “Smell like a man, man.”
    Picture 1.png

Picture 3.png

Well, the headgear is here and ready to go so it’s now time for our picks segment. Feel free to make your picks to see how you stack up with Herbie and Corso (commish) each week in the Gameday thread.

(3-0) #21[​IMG][​IMG] (2-1)

Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(3-0) #3[​IMG][​IMG](1-2)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(1-2) #25[​IMG] [​IMG] (2-1)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(1-2) #23[​IMG][​IMG]#16 (1-1)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(2-2) [​IMG] [​IMG]#19 (3-1)

Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(2-2) [​IMG][​IMG] #18 (4-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(2-0) #12[​IMG][​IMG]#24 (2-1)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

***GOTW***
    (3-0) #7[​IMG][​IMG]#1 (2-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Coach, who ya got…

[​IMG]

Thanks for joining us on ESPN this morning, enjoy your day of college football on the ESPN family of networks.

[​IMG]

2. -4-

-4- Walk On

Next advance probably won't be until Friday morning around 11 AM, because I will be out of town tomorrow til late THursday night.

I might try and advance online on Thursday if it allows me to, but I wouldn't count on it.

3. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Once again, nice gameday! Sucks that Edge left, I was loking foward to playing him... Oh well

4. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

OK State's D steps up as the Cowboys beat Texas A&M 27-24. Blackmon put on another strong performance (7 rec 154 yards 2 td's 4 rush 44 yards) and is making the NCAA question their decision not to have him in the top 5 of the heisman race!

5. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Wow what a game. Loved the sliders in this game. The pass D was sick but could've just been cuz it was Bama but other than that they were awesome

6. -4-

-4- Walk On

Results have been pretty solid this week so far. Nice to see.

7. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

me and sparty wont get out game in til tomorrow evening so friday morning advance wuld be nice

8. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

FSU is all set to adv this week.

9. -4-

-4- Walk On

No problem... I won't be back from Chicago until after midnight tonight probably.

Everyone has until about Noon on Friday to play.

10. SpartyUp

SpartyUp Walk On

Again, good game Virginia Tech. Really evenly matched, you capitalized on (most of) your opportunities while I did not. Look forward to getting another shot sometime in the future.

Looks like we are now good to go I think.