College Gameday: Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Jul 29, 2011.

1. -4-

-4- Walk On

[​IMG]

Welcome to ESPN’s College Gameday; Live from Madison, Wisconsin; the site of this week’s game of the week between the Nebraska Cornhuskers and the Wisconsin Badgers

[​IMG]

I’m Chris Fowler and I’ll be joined by Herbie and the Coach to discuss this week’s News around the world of college football as well as preview this week’s great slate of action on the gridiron.

We start here in Madison where Gameday is this week. Let’s welcome Erin Andrews with the latest on the Game of the Week between the Huskers and the Badgers.

[​IMG]

“It’s an early season showdown in the new-look Big Ten this week as top ten Wisconsin and Nebraska face off for the first time. Both teams are undefeated, and Wisconsin is coming off a strong win over Iowa. But, we really don’t know who will bring what to the table, as both teams are somewhat of a mystery. Look for the Badgers to hammer it out on the ground, and the Huskers to rely on the playmaking ability of Taylor Martinez. In the end, the Badgers are the more talented team, but new B1G member Nebraska may have a few tricks up their sleeve for perennial B1G power Wisconsin.”

Players to Watch

For Nebraksa: QB Taylor Martinez

[​IMG]

For Wisconsin: RB James White

[​IMG]

Thanks Erin; Now it’s time to take a very early look at this season’s Heisman race.

Heisman Watch presented by Nissan.

[​IMG]

1. Ed Wesley, JR RB, TCU

2. Stephan Taylor, JR RB, Stanford

3. Andrew Luck, JR QB, Stanford

4. Knile Davis, JR RB, Arkansas

5. LaMichael James, JR HB, Oregon

Which teams need to be on Upset Alert this week?

Coach- #17 Michigan State hosting Notre Dame in the “Battle for the Megaphone”.

Herbie- #7 South Carolina hosting Ole Miss. The Rebels are a very capable .500 team right now.

Let’s take a look at the latest Coaches Poll, brought to you by Old Spice. “Smell like a man, man.”

Picture 6.png
    Picture 7.png

Well, the headgear is here and ready to go so it’s now time for our picks segment. Feel free to make your picks to see how you stack up with Herbie and Corso (commish) each week in the Gameday thread.

(1-4)[​IMG][​IMG]#2 (4-0)

Herbstreit

[​IMG]

Corso

[​IMG]

(2-2) #22[​IMG] [​IMG](1-3)

Herbstreit

[​IMG]

Corso

[​IMG]

(3-0) #10[​IMG][​IMG] (2-2)

Herbstreit

[​IMG]

Corso

[​IMG]

(3-0) #18 [​IMG][​IMG]#3 (4-0)

Herbstreit

[​IMG]

Corso

[​IMG]

(4-1) #17[​IMG] [​IMG] (2-2)

Herbstreit

[​IMG]

Corso

[​IMG]

(4-1) #23 [​IMG][​IMG]#20 (4-0)

Herbstreit

[​IMG]

Corso

[​IMG]

(3-1) #21[​IMG][​IMG]#6 (2-1)

Herbstreit

[​IMG]

Corso

[​IMG]

(3-0) #4[​IMG] [​IMG]#13 (3-1)

Herbstreit

[​IMG]

Corso

[​IMG]

***GOTW***

(4-0) #9[​IMG][​IMG]#5 (4-0)

Herbstreit [​IMG]

Coach, who ya got…

[​IMG]

Thanks for joining us on ESPN this morning, enjoy your day of college football on the ESPN family of networks.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. -4-

-4- Walk On

Next Advance will be Sunday at Noon Eastern.

I really thought I finally had a damn bye this week, but apparently it's in week 7, and UofM is week 8 instead of 6 and 7.

3. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Any prospects for new members?

4. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Nice gameday! I guess we got new members? Man, another bye. So far Ive had 3 bye weeks, lol.

5. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

ive had 2 byes also
    hope im playing the rest of the season

6. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

Yes, I really like looking at the weekly Gameday information. Much appreciated -4-

7. -4-

-4- Walk On

No... CPU games. To tell you the truth I haven't even started looking for new people.

I was just going to wait until later in the season to have new people for next year unless someone reached out or something.