College Gameday Week 7, 2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Oct 7, 2010.

?

Who will win this week's featured matchup

1. Wake Forest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Boston College

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

College Gameday Week 7, 2011

[​IMG]

Week 7
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

YOU ARE LOOKING LIVE AT Alumni Stadium located at Chestnutt Hill, MA. This week the GAMEDAY crew travels back to the home of the Boston College Eagles 4-1(2-1) as they take on ACC Atlantic Division rival Wake Forest Demon Deacons 2-3(1-2). Last year the Eagles dominated the Deacons in Winston Salem, winning the game 27-7. Boston College is led by QB Dave Shinskie who has thrown for over 1,400 yards, but has seven interceptions to go with seven touchdowns. The Eagles have lacked a running game for most of the year, and has relied on their strong defense anchored by MLB L. Kuechly.

Wake Forest is led by their “Big Man on Campus†QB Skylar Jones who after sitting out against Clemson, came back with a vengeance against Florida State. He threw for 266 yards and three touchdowns. The offense was aided by a strong rushing performance by Willie Dixon V.

[​IMG]
    Wake Forest Demon Deacons Key Players: RG Michael Hoag (91), DE Kyle Wilbur (90), WR Chris Givens (89), DE Tristan Dorty(88)

2011 Record- 2-3 (1-2 in ACC)
    Coaches/Media Ranking- UNR
    Passing Leader: Skylar Jones: 41-88-864 yards 6 TDs, 7 Ints.

Rushing Leader: Brandon Pendergrass: 68-239 yards 3TDs

Receiving Leader: Chris Givens: 16-496 yards, 4 TDs

Defensive Leader: Scott Betros: 22 Tackles, 7 TFLs, 2 Sacks

[​IMG]
    Boston College Key Players: MLB Luke Kuelchy (94), HB Montel Harris (93), WR Colin Larmond (92)
    2011 Record- 4-1(2-1 in ACC)
    2011 Media/Coaches Ranking- #16

Passing Leader: Dave Shinskie 87-157-1455 yards, 7 TDs, 7 Ints

Rushing Leader: Montel Harris: 81-127 yards, 5 TDs

Receiving Yards: Colin Larmond: 19- 516 yards, 2 TDs

Defensive: Luke Kuelchy: 31 Tackles, 3 TFLs

Analysis of Other Games​

Virginia hosts one of my alma maters, University of Idaho. The Vandals are a tough team. Virginia should not take these guys lightly.

After an impressive victory against Maryland the NC State Wolfpack will be hosting the Clemson Tigers. The Tigers are 1-2 in conference play, but they do have the offensive firepower to bring down the Wolfpack.

Ole Miss, the defending SEC Champs, are struggling to find their form this season. They are 2-3(0-2) in conference play, and guess who is coming to town, the #5 ranked Alabama Crimson Tide. A loss here, and I guess it is called a rebuilding year.

The Auburn Tigers are back at conference play taking on Arkansas. If Auburn wants to have say about the SEC West Division, they must win this game or they could fall two games back of in state rival Alabama.

Kentucky Wildcats is traveling to Baton Rouge to take on the LSU Tigers. This will be a great game, LSU is undefeated in conference play and should provide a good test for the up and coming Wildcats.

Vanderbilt is 4-0(2-0) take on Georgia this week. Last year Vandy lost several close games, this year they are winning them. Can Vanderbilt continue their winning ways against Georgia.
    What is wrong with Maryland. After starting the season 4-0, they have dropped two in a row. Luckily the Terps can get it going against the Midshipmen.

HEAD GEAR
    I hear people think I always pick the home team, well , should I pick my own team . . .
    [​IMG]

Always be a good sport, be a good sport all ways.

2. T-Law10

T-Law10 Wolfpack Coach

Great job Wazzu! I picked Wake this week. I think it's time you get one of these big wins to really get that bowl bid locked down. You were right about Clemson, they had me on the ropes for sure.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I think BC will win-- difference their RB.

4. T-Law10

T-Law10 Wolfpack Coach

You picked WF in your bold prediction, lol

5. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

WF defense is tough.

6. T-Law10

T-Law10 Wolfpack Coach

Ya i barely pulled out a victory over Wake last year and after watching him i can see he's improved a lot. Unfortunately for me i stink in user games and do good in computer games. BC slammed Wake last year but i think it will be closer this season.

7. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I'm looking forward to hosting these southerners into the chilled environment of Chestnut Hill.

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

The Wake Forest v. BC game will be broadcast on ustream.tv 7 PST/10 EST tomorrow night. I was able to broadcast the Maryland game last week so everything should be good this week. I will get it set up tomorrow before the game. Personally I think Wake may be in trouble, if I remember right I couldn't stop Boston College last year, and Wake couldn't move the ball. It was the one user game that I got owned. Things could be different this year, I have a better feel for the playbook, and my players are better than last year.

9. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

It's a rebuilding year.

10. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Wake 24
    #13 BC 31

This was a game of runs. Wake Forest took the early lead, scoring 17 unanswered first quarter points, capitalizing off 4 Dave Shinskie interceptions. BC's offensive line would have trouble with protection throughout the first half. Boston College would rally in the second quarter to put up 10 points, including a nice drive at the end of the half with a minute to go to score a FG. In the second half, Wake Forest received the ball with a 17-10 lead. But, they were forced to put to the Eagles on their first drive. BC would score 14 more unanswered points in the 3rd quarter to cap off their 24 point run. After that score, Wake would answer the challenge, driving down the field behind the running game to tie the game at 24 in the 4th quarter. Boston College then went down the field behind a balanced attack to take a 31-24 lead. The Deacons would throw an INT on their next possession and BC was able to run out the clock for the win.

Great game wazzu!