College Gameday: Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Jul 31, 2011.

1. -4-

-4- Walk On

[​IMG]

Welcome to ESPN’s College Gameday; Live from Coral Gables, Florida; the site of this week’s game of the week between the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Miami Hurricanes.

[​IMG]

I’m Chris Fowler and I’ll be joined by Herbie and the Coach to discuss this week’s News around the world of college football as well as preview this week’s great slate of action on the gridiron.

We start here in Miami where Gameday is this week. Let’s welcome Jenn Brown with the latest on the Game of the Week between the Hokies and the Canes.

[​IMG]

“The Virginia Tech Hokies went back to their roots at the start of this season with the loss of Tyrod Taylor. The Hokies entered the season focused on bringing Beamer Ball back to Blacksburg this season to help out a young offense. Tech has been very impressive in the young season thus far, but this week’s ACC showdown with Miami may be their toughest task to date.

This season the Canes have a bevy of talent on both sides of the ball, and are proving dangerous for even the most powerful teams. The Canes demolished top-ten Ohio State early in the year 38-14, impressing the college football world. But, the Hokie defense this season is a whole ‘nother monster, and should be a challenge for Jacory Harris and the Cane offense to deal with.”

Players to Watch
    For Virginia Tech: CB Jayron Hosley
    [​IMG]
    For Miami: QB Jacory Harris
    [​IMG]

Thanks Erin; Now it’s time to take a very early look at this season’s Heisman race.

Heisman Watch presented by Nissan.
    [​IMG]
    1. Ed Wesley, JR RB, TCU
    2. Stephan Taylor, JR RB, Stanford
    3. Taylor Martinez, SO QB, Nebraska
    4. Greg Childs. SR WR, Arkansas
    5. Case Keenum, SR QB, Houston

Which teams need to be on Upset Alert this week?

Coach- #3 Arkansas hosting the weakened but still defending champs, Auburn.

Herbie- #2 Oklahoma in the Red River Rivalry against #24 Texas.

Let’s take a look at the latest Coaches Poll, brought to you by Old Spice. “Smell like a man, man.”

Shoot...
    1. Stanford - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1. Arkansas
    Picture 8.png
    Picture 9.png

Well, the headgear is here and ready to go so it’s now time for our picks segment. Feel free to make your picks to see how you stack up with Herbie and Corso (commish) each week in the Gameday thread.

(2-1) #14 [​IMG] [​IMG](1-2)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    (2-3)[​IMG][​IMG] #21 (3-2)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(3-2) #22[​IMG][​IMG](1-3)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(3-1) [​IMG][​IMG](2-2)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(3-1) [​IMG] [​IMG] #13 (4-0)

Herbstreit
    [​IMG]

Corso
    [​IMG]

(2-1) #15 [​IMG] [​IMG]#3 (5-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    (3-1) #24 [​IMG] [​IMG]#2 (3-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

***GOTW***
    (4-0) #9 [​IMG][​IMG]#18 (5-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]

Coach, who ya got…

[​IMG]

Thanks for joining us on ESPN this morning, enjoy your day of college football on the ESPN family of networks.

[​IMG]

2. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

aww u give me jenn brown instead of EA..

3. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

i just wana ask a legit question.. how do you break tackles in this years game? all of mine seem to be randomly computer generated as the up on the "highlight stick/truck stick" doesnt do anything for me.. and the miami RB just broke 4 tackles for a 75 yard td

4. -4-

-4- Walk On

As far as trucking goes, if you try and truck a d-lineman or an OK linebacker its not going to work. I usually go finesse when the guy is bigger and power when the guy is smaller. I've trucked a few guys here and there in this years game but I only go for it when I think I might actually win (a corner). Sometimes if you just protect the ball while running into a linebacker/lineman you might break it as well.

The cpu is able to do what it is doing right now because of how we are set up. I haven't seen hardly any cpu broken tackles in my games. They break it big when they have holes, and break tackles when they are one on one with my corners or I go for a big hit at the wrong time instead of wrapping up. Any more lowering and cpu run game would be baaaad again. I recommend setting big hits and strip ball to conservative in all cpu games. And to avoid using hit stick unless you have it perfectly set up, wrap up instead, especially if you are going against an 85 OVR or better hb.

I hate Jenn Brown, but my EA pic didn't embed this week so I figured id change it up.

5. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

My game vs Wake Forest froze while loading post game highlights. I won 51-14 and it was ended correctly but got stuck at the loading highlights screen. I was forced to exit to the dashboard and now it didn't save anything. Any suggestions (besides playing again)?