College Gameday: Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Aug 2, 2011.

1. -4-

-4- Walk On

[​IMG]

Welcome to ESPN’s College Gameday; Live from Ann Arbor, Michigan; the site of this week’s game of the week between the Michigan State Spartans and the Michigan Wolverines.
    [​IMG]
    I’m Chris Fowler and I’ll be joined by Herbie and the Coach to discuss this week’s News around the world of college football as well as preview this week’s great slate of action on the gridiron.

We start here in Ann Arbor where Gameday is this week. Let’s welcome Erin Andrews with the latest on the Game of the Week between the Spartans and the Wolverines.

[​IMG]

“The Michigan State Spartans come into this week’s rivalry game on a roll, winning five straight games, all against quality opponents. The Spartans have relied on the backfield tandem of LeVeon Bell and Edwin Baker to get the job done in the first half of the season, and this week should be no different. Look for the Spartans to focus on containing and even knocking Denard Robinson out early to force Michigan to look elsewhere.

The undefeated Wolverines are the biggest surprise in the NCAA this season, blowing past all opponents put in their way so far. Denard Robinson leads a dangerous array of skill players for the Wolverines, who now look to take an early lead in the Big Ten race with a win. The most surprising part of this year’s Wolverines is the defense. Last year the D was dismal, but the new coaching staff has taken a new approach that has really worked thus far.”

Players to Watch
    For Michigan State: RB LeVeon Bell

[​IMG]
    For Michigan: QB Denard Robinson
    [​IMG]

Thanks Erin; Now it’s time to take a look at this season’s Heisman race.

Heisman Watch presented by Nissan.
    [​IMG]
    1. Ed Wesley, JR RB, TCU
    2. Stephan Taylor, JR RB, Stanford
    3. Knile Davis, JR RB, Arkansas
    4. Taylor Martinez, SO QB, Nebraska
    5. Case Keenum, SR QB, Houston

Which teams need to be on Upset Alert this week?

Coach- Unbeaten Virginia Tech at home taking on FSU in what could be their toughest match-up to-date.

Herbie- #25 Georgia Tech hosting Virginia. The unbeaten yellow jackets have yet to really face anyone of note.

Let’s take a look at the latest polls, brought to you by Old Spice. “Smell like a man, man.”

Picture 11.png

Picture 12.png

Well, the headgear is here and ready to go so it’s now time for our picks segment. Feel free to make your picks to see how you stack up with Herbie and Corso (commish) each week in the Gameday thread.

(5-0) #1[​IMG][​IMG](2-3)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(6-0) #2[​IMG] [​IMG](4-2)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    (3-2) [​IMG][​IMG] (3-3)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(4-2) #16[​IMG][​IMG]#22 (4-2)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(4-1) #19[​IMG][​IMG] #13 (3-1)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(4-2) #21[​IMG][​IMG] #7 (5-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(6-0) #4[​IMG][​IMG]#5 (5-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

***GOTW***

[​IMG]
    (5-1) #15 [​IMG][​IMG] #8 (5-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]

Coach, who ya got…

[​IMG]

Thanks for joining us on ESPN this morning, enjoy your day of college football on the ESPN family of networks.

Sorry, there are a grand total of about 5 hot co-eds at the U of M :)
    [​IMG]

2. -4-

-4- Walk On

Gameday is a WIP because the logo site I use quit working suddenly.

I am moving tomorrow so I am unavailable most of today and tomorrow, so for now we'll say the next advance is going to be Thursday night at about 9 PM.

3. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

VT - The Quick...We play each other this week. Let me know when your able to play

4. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Good gameday. Ya, there arent that many good lookin girls at U of M. Lol. Should be an intresting week for Ok State. Oh, and what happened to having a guest come on the gameday and make picks?

5. -4-

-4- Walk On

JagNation Just changed it... anyone can make picks any week in this thread (see right above the picks). In fact I encourage it. Less work for me

6. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

kinqskid i can play right now (10pm est) or tomrrow around 10 ?

7. joshwitt

joshwitt Walk On

I have officially been robbed. I was down 35 30 to lsu 4th qtr 1st and and 10 at the 13 going in with 1:52 left. I score up the middle and it's called back on a hold. Run on 1st down again for about 10 yes called back for a hold. Complete a pass on 3rd down that gives me 4th and inches. Of course lsu stops me on my goal line set. Absolute highway robbery CPU bs.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

Ok, hmm I'm free tonight around 8:30. Would this work for you. I can't do the 10 gotta do something with wifey...

9. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Ok State gets blown out by Texas 52-21... Basicly, the CPU decided that I wasnt going to win this game. The Texas running back played like Adrian Peterson on steroids, and Weeded threw 5 picks (3 of which were circus catches by the cpu). But I could have played MUCH better.

10. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

kinqskid ill try to get on earlier but i dont think I'll be able to.. i'l try to get home earlier

11. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

ok cool thanks.. just let me know

12. SpartyUp

SpartyUp Walk On

Wow :p. Just beat TCU in triple overtime. Hell of a ballgame.

Really contained their stud running back except for three 20+ yards runs in the fourth quarter and beyond.

But man I got absolutely torched through the air. Both teams had 6+ sacks at least as well.

13. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

kinqskid hey man i couldn't get on any earlier.. if you're still on we can get hte game in now.. if not ill just autopilot myself