College GameDay Week 9, Season 2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Oct 12, 2010.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

College GameDay Week 9, Season 2011

[​IMG]

Week 9

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

YOU ARE LOOKING LIVE at Scott Stadium, in Charlottesville, Virginia the of the Virginia Cavaliers. Today the Cavaliers host the N.C. State Wolfpack who come into this game undefeated ranked 11th in the BCS standings. The Wolfpack have a strong offense with QB Russell Wilson, WR TJ Graham, and RB Brandon Barnes.

Virginia who started very slow have slowly turned their season around winning their two of their last three games. This team revolves around QB Michael Strauss who is ranked in the top 10 in the country in terms of passing yards. His go to guy is Kris Burd who has caught 19 balls for 459 yards.

[​IMG]
    N.C. State Wolfpack key p layers: QB Russell Wilson (89), TE George Bryan (87), WR TJ Graham (87), MLB Auide Cole (87)
    2011 Record- 7-0(2-0 in ACC)
    2011 BCS Ranking- #11

Passing Leader: Russell Wilson: 126-213, 1989 yards, 23 TDs, 7 Ints.

Rushing Leader: Brandon Barnes: 132-994 yards, 12 TDs

Receiving Yards: Anthony Creecy: 34 recs. 665 yards, 4 TDs

Defensive: Brandon Bishop: 34Tackles, 6 TFLs

[​IMG]
    Virginia Cavaliers Key Players MLB Steve Greer (91), C Anthony Mihota (88), WR Kris Burd (88), K Robert Randolph

2011 Record- 2-5(1-3 in ACC)
    Coaches/Media Ranking- UNR

Passing Leader: Michael Strauss: 100-214-1996 yards, 10 TDs, 12 Ints

Rushing Leader: Keith Payne: 96-314 yards, 8 TDs

Receiving Leader: Kris Burd: 24 recs., 691 yards, 7 TDs

Defensive Leader: Steve Greer: 47 Tackles, 3 TFLs

Analysis of Other Games​

Wake Forest goes on the road to take on The Dookies. Last year the Deacons got embarrassed, hopefully this year Wake Forest will return the favor.

Boston College has a big match up this week when they take on Virginia Tech. The loser of this game will most likely be out of the race for the conference championship.

Maryland goes to Tallahassee to face the Seminoles. Maryland needs this game if it hopes to get back into the Atlantic Division race.

The Auburn Tigers face a tough Georgia Bulldogs team. With Alabama undefeated Auburn needs to win this game for the Iron Bowl to mean something.

Vanderbilt gets a big test as it goes on the road to Tuscaloosa to take on the Crimson Tide. This would be a huge win for the Commodores if they can pull off the upset.

South Carolina goes on the road against to Knoxville, to play Tennessee. For South Carolina to think about a bowl game, they must win this game.

Headgear​

[​IMG]

2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

NC State/Virginia game will be close I think. I'm gonna go with the upset and say Virginia wins 24-21.

3. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

I hate bye weeks.

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah I'm not a fan of them either. Hopefully with only 1 user game we can get through stuff pretty quickly for the week.

5. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah I'm not a fan of them either. Hopefully with only 1 user game we can get through stuff pretty quickly for the week.