College Gameday: Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Aug 4, 2011.

1. -4-

-4- Walk On

[​IMG]

Welcome to ESPN’s College Gameday, Live from Palo Alto, California; the site of this week’s game of the week between the Washington Huskies and the Stanford Cardinal.
    [​IMG]
    I’m Chris Fowler and I’ll be joined by Herbie and the Coach to discuss this week’s News around the world of college football as well as preview this week’s great slate of action on the gridiron.

We start here in Palo Alto where Gameday is this week. Let’s welcome Erin Andrews with the latest on the Game of the Week between the Huskies and the Cardinal.

[​IMG]

“This is our first look at the Stanford Cardinal this season. The Cardinal have been slipping by each and every week so far this season, and the Huskies are no pushover. Probable first-overall pick Andrew Luck has been hot and cold all year, and has been overshadowed by the play of backfield-mate Stephan Taylor. But, having more than one playmaker should be a luxury rather than a curse for Luck and the Cardinal.

The Washington Huskies have quickly rebuilt into a Pac-12 contender under the leadership of Steve Sarkisian. Replacing Jake Locker is a difficult task, but with the talented Chris Polk in the backfield, Washington has looked strong thus far. But, we’ll just have to wait until tonight to see whether Polk will be enough for the Huskies to pull off the upset.”

Players to Watch
    For Washington: RB Chris Polk
    [​IMG]
    For Stanford: QB Andrew Luck
    [​IMG]

Thanks Erin; Now it’s time to take a look at this season’s Heisman race.

Heisman Watch presented by Nissan.
    [​IMG]
    1. Ed Wesley, JR RB, TCU
    2. Stephan Taylor, JR RB, Stanford
    3. Knile Davis, JR RB, Arkansas
    4. David Wilson, JR RB, Virginia Tech
    5. Case Keenum, SR QB, Houston

[​IMG]
    (Seen above: David Wilson, Virginia Tech)

Which teams need to be on Upset Alert this week?

Coach- Boise State taking on unbeaten Air Force. Air Force invades the Smurf turn and gets it done.

Herbie- #1 Stanford hosting Washington. Will the Luck finally run out for the Cardinal?

Let’s take a look at the latest Coaches Poll, brought to you by Old Spice. “Smell like a man, man.”
    Picture 1.png
    Picture 2.png

Well, the headgear is here and ready to go so it’s now time for our picks segment. Feel free to make your picks to see how you stack up with Herbie and Corso (commish) each week in the Gameday thread.

(3-4)[​IMG][​IMG]#2 (7-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    (1-4) [​IMG][​IMG]#6 (6-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(5-0) #23[​IMG][​IMG]#14 (5-1)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]

Corso
    [​IMG]
    (3-2) #19[​IMG][​IMG](3-3)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(4-2)[​IMG][​IMG]#24 (5-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    (5-0) #13[​IMG][​IMG](4-3)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(5-1) #11 [​IMG][​IMG] #5 (6-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

***GOTW***
    (5-1)[​IMG][​IMG]#1 (6-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]

Coach, who ya got…

[​IMG]

Thanks for joining us on ESPN this morning, enjoy your day of college football on the ESPN family of networks.
    [​IMG]
    Seriously, Washington is bad enough. Not even going to try and look for Stanford.

2. -4-

-4- Walk On

Will update this^ in the morning. Just wanted everyone to know that I advanced.

Next advance is SUN morning @ 11 AM.

3. -4-

-4- Walk On

Finished... should be a fairly uneventful week IMO.

Holy shit, look at MISS ST just beating everyone, LOL. :confused:

4. joshwitt

joshwitt Walk On

5. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  6. -4-

-4- Walk On

LOL... no I saw that one. In fact it came up multiple times in my search. Just wasn't sure if it was appropriate to post here.

That was the only one though. Haha.

7. joshwitt

joshwitt Walk On

LOL Of course it's appropriate!!

8. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

You are right. It's borderline inappropriate cuz those damn backpack straps are in the way!

• Like Like x 1
  9. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Haha! Ok State's D stands strong in the second half, as the Cowboys score 21 unanswered points to force OT and win! Final score: Ok State- 31 Mizzou- 24

10. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

The Stanford girl would have been better! But the Wash cheerleader isnt bad either!

11. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

very nice choice

nice to see david wilson getting some heisman hype

12. SpartyUp

SpartyUp Walk On

Played my game, it says I restarted. But, I didn't even play a down. It froze on me right when it switched from the loading screen to the pre-game. I've never had that happen to me so I wasn't sure if it would be a restart or not since I didn't even get to the team entrances, so I went ahead and started it again without asking. Hopefully it's ok, but if not I'll take whatever punishment.

Even though I shouldn't tell everyone this publicly, I will because I probably don't have any more user games this year. But, my secondary is really scaring me. In the words of Charles Barkley "They're Turrrrible."

13. -4-

-4- Walk On

You're alright. I believe you, so long as it doesn't become a habit. I'm gonna throw out a wild guess that you were trying to use custom playbooks. Nobody should be using them right now until the game gets patched, I should make that clear.

There are a ton of bugs in this game that a really bothering me. That is one, another is that none of your injuries stick. Mine do, the CPUs do, but other users' do not.

14. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

[quote="-4-, post:
    There are a ton of bugs in this game that a really bothering me. That is one, another is that none of your injuries stick. Mine do, the CPUs do, but other users' do not.[/quote]

I was wondering about the injuries because my RB broke something and was supposed to be out for the season. But the bext week he was back in the game. I didnt even realize it until u posted something. I thought I was goin crazy! Haha