College Hoops

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by phbaseball1335, Nov 1, 2010.

1. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Any college hoops fans around here? Season starts in a week!! Duke is looking strong to repeat which is upsetting for me being a Maryland fan. AP all-americans were announced today and a freshman made the team for the first time since voting began for this honor back in the 80s. Does anyone have any insight about this Harrison Barnes kid? Is he going to live up to the hype this year?

For anyone who does like college basketball, who is your favorite team?

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

The Fighting Illini. Orange Crush

3. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

4. NDCOLTS1979

Yes they will Illinois has a ton of athletes this year who can fly

5. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Nice. Then a matchup against Maryland would be great to watch. The Terps lost 54% of their scoring from last season to graduation and brought in 5 or 6 freshman. The entire team has a non-stop motor. Their season will go well if they can get into a lot of track meets with teams because not many people will be able to keep up with Maryland's tempo. I really worry about conference play though when teams like Duke will slow the game down and force the young Terps to execute their half court offense in order to have any chance to win.

6. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

@Droweezy: That's an ugly ass court B:)

Michigan is my football school and I root for them in basketball as well. But due to them sucking most of my life I was unable to watch their games growing up. Instead I watched:

[​IMG]

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

The two teams that I follow are San Diego State and the University of Washington. Both are real solid teams that should win 20 games apiece. I love college football but admittedly usually get into it a bit late in the season. March Madness to me is the single greatest sporting "event" in American sports.

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

UW should be a powerhouse... when I was stationed in Washington I'd go out to various gyms and play ball... I'm from the East Coast so alot of our pick up games are basically street balling... in Washington everyone was like a mini Tim Duncan... I've never seen folks come to a gym with their own plays... too bad the 'Zags are up their or UW would be monsters

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Go 'Heels!! Barnes is going to be legit.

11. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Harrison Barnes is legit. Too bad he will only be there for 1 year.

12. NDCOLTS1979

Illini has some athletes i mean yeah it was UC Irvine but damn they boys can do some ball this year

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

One and done KILLS boys college basketball

I love watching women's college basketball too... I'm a Lady Vols fan, mainly because I was in love with Tameka Holdsclaw... that was my baby back in the day... then one day I was watching a high school slam dunk competition and fell in love with Candyce Parker... plus Summitt could coach any team, men or women, to a championship IMO... my daughters are having a Lady Vols jersey made and mailed to them as we speak:)... Michigan fan who has yet to see Ann Arbor in person but I made it my business to visit the Vols' campus when I was in Tennessee to ensure the place would be a great fit for my daughters... they are only two and Summitt will probably not be there when their ready to attend but it brought a smile to my face knowing my daughters will be the face of the campus one day... sorry for the rant but my one of my twins is starting to keep that wrist up on her follow thru:) and that drove my level of excitement a bit

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

And I don't push my daughters either, I'm a big basketball fan and its kind of in their DNA to ball... I have yet to force them to play basketball, they've always come to me to play with them... they shoot their sippy cups into the sink and will try to dribble for hours all on their own:)... Daddy ruined his shot at D-I ball maybe they'll remain focused and make it:)

15. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Yea Clemson has a basketball team and I follow it as close as I do the football team, the Tigers got a new coach in Brad Brownell, I think the guys a pretty good steal. I expect them to be pretty bad this season just because we don't have the type of players for his coaching style. He's changed up a lot, gotten the players bigger and stronger instead of skinny like Purnell kept them for his full-press crap. Brownell and Rick Ray (another good steal, dude could recruit like hell at Purdue) should be pretty good in a few years. I think Clemson will upset a team or two but it will be a struggle out of the gate, ESPECIALLY once they hit ACC Play.

I fully expect for Clemson to extend their losing streak in Chapel Hill to like 54 or 55 ? I've lost count

16. NDCOLTS1979

Yeah see my Illini dont have 1 and done guys which is a great thing for us. Our freshmen last night who committed to us in the 8th grade showed why he could be one of the greats. We have 4 returning seniors this year and 2 of the top 100 recruits from last year who are sophmores. To go along with 3 top 100 that are freshmen this year. As of the 28th of Nov we have the #9 class as we signed 4 top 100 guys. If we can keep the Chicago area on lock we will be a force year in and year out

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I wish college bball made players stay until after their Junior year... I understand the monetary benefit these kids get but it hurts college and the NBA... very few come out ready but anyone who has a little jumper will lose their amateur status and go undrafted... not only is the kid not getting paid to play ball but he can't finish school for free... garbage

The Wolverines always seem to be 'one step/player' away from contending but always let me down, I honestly have not looked at their roster this year... Manny Harris should be back though (he's our Juice Williams Greg:)) or maybe he was a SR last year but I doubt it ... we'll beat Duke or some other top school then falter against some scrub team... Duke on the other hand is #1 in the land which means nothing in college basketball... if y'all are true basketball nuts watch some Duke basketball, all of those kids fundamentals are sharp unlike UNC who just uses straight talent to win