College Poll Politics

Discussion in 'Between The Lines' started by BlyGilmore, Sep 13, 2010.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

College Poll Politics

Interesting read from The Big Lead about a reporter for the LA Daily News continuously ranking Big Ten teams much lower than his counterparts across the country.

For instance he's got Wisconsin ranked #23 while the average for voters was just above 11. He moved Ohio State from #6 to #7 on his ballot after beating #8 on this ballot this week. And he was one of only three guys not to rank Michigan at all.

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/201...ews-is-not-a-big-ten-football-fan/#more-60913

personally i've always felt super outliers who make crazy ass votes should have their vote taken away. not only in college polls but end of the season awards voting for baseball, football, etc.

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'm at the point where I don't really care. The season will play itself out

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Well until the rest of the country starts giving the Pac-10 teams their due, then I give a big HOORAY to Wolf for doing this.

There has not been a conference who has been screwed in the polls and BCS over the years more than the Pac-10.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I agree. He has the same prejudices that fans and reports all over the country have regarding Big 10 football. Especially in the south. I see it and hear it everyday.

There was caller after caller this morning to a sports talk radio show out of Tampa, which is hosted by a former Hurricane player saying that Miami was just as good as Ohio State, and the only reason the Buckeyes won were because of lucky plays and penalties, and because Jacory Harris sucks. Of course the host agreed with the callers.

No mention of Pryor playing a good controlled game, no mention of Miami not being able to run the ball, no mention of the Buckeye defenders being in position and forcing at least two of those turnovers with great plays (Chekwa int #2 and Heyward) It's just kind of how it is down here....they see the Big 10 as a minor league of sorts. They don't respect the teams, they don't respect the league, and for sure don't respect the players....

5. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

the ap poll matter why? ohhhh wait..it doesn't only the coaches poll is formulated into the bcs rankings. Never liked the AP poll since they tried to give USC a free title in 2003.

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

big blue is ranked? Are pigs flying yet?

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

USC should have been in the National Title game that year. 12-1 Oregon was snubbed for a 3 loss Nebraska team in 2001. I could go on. Pac-10 has gotten constantly jobbed by the BCS.

Two thumbs up for Scott Wolf.

8. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

We're the U, we can say anything we want.

That's pretty much how miami is since the Irvin days. They snubbed my Crimson Tide in 92 and paid the price for it. if yr surprised at this, then u got a rude awaking. I've seen it since 86.

9. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Look at his poll, rofl.

1. Texas
    2. Alabama
    3. Florida
    4. Boise State
    5. TCU
    6. Oklahoma
    7. Ohio State
    8. Nebraska
    9. Oregon
    10. Iowa
    11. LSU
    12. Auburn
    13. Miami
    14. Stanford
    15. Arkansas
    16. Utah
    17. South Carolina
    18. Air Force
    19. Florida State
    20. USC
    21. North Carolina
    22. Wisconsin
    23. Kansas State
    24. Fresno State
    25. West Virginia

Texas at #1? o_O
    Florida at #3? o_O
    Air Force at #18? That's not awful... but they should probably be at the very bottom...
    Kansas State in the Top 25?
    Wisconsin at #22?

I dunno what this guy is thinking...

10. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

(y)

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

lol that is funny. Im a HUGE Texas fan, and I was wondering "what idiot gave them a 1st place vote?".