Colorado Buffaloes - Shmeezil

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shmeezil, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

Colorado Buffaloes - Shmeezil

Offense: TCU
    Defense: 3-4

2. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Offense: Colorado

Likes to run the ball alot. I didn't get to see him use Darrell Scott too much, because he got injured early. Will line up under center, or in the shotgun to run the ball. Doesn't use the QB as a run threat very often likes to stay in the pocket. Spreads the ball around well in the passing and running game. Does run the wildcat a good bit, but mixes up the runs out of it. I remember the Jet sweep, and Wrap and Power. I did a pretty decent job of shutting down the run, but the pass killed me.

Defensively he lined up in a base 3-4 a lot and took away the run game really well. Played a good mix of man and zone. I had been able to run the I form pretty well in my previous games, but he shut it down really well. I wasn't able to pass very well either makes a lot of plays on the ball. Very solid defensively. I am scared to think what will happen when he gets some athletes in there on the defensive side of the ball. Also ran some 3-3-5 out of the nickel in passing and long yardage situations.

3. wader49

wader49 Walk On

can be run on. Seemed very reluctant to man up with my offense, therefore I kept running against his zone. Didnt blitz a whole lot. Usually holds his ROLB or a defensive tackle. Pretty good at playing with both.

On offense he likes to run the ball with Scott and Stewart, hes pretty good at picking apart zone and man coverages. Doesnt make bad decisions and throw interceptions. Runs a bit with his QB if the middle of the defense opens up. Throws it downfield a couple times, mainly deep crossers.

4. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Offense: Colorado

On offense he is committed to running the ball with his fine backs. He likes to work the middle of the field with his Tightends and he likes running alot of double tightend sets.

Watch who is at fullback when he goes to the two back set, he will sneak a tail back there from time to time.

He will run with his QB if nothing else is open, plays a high percentage game.

Defensively he runs the 34 defense, and controls an inside linebacker usually or sometimes the free.

He will mix up his coverages to keep you guessing and is not against playing man-to-man.

5. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Funny how all three of those scouting reports are completely different

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Offense: Although his playbook is listed as Bama, I don't remember him ever lining up with a fullback. He ran entirely out of singleback formations, under center about half the time. I was able to shut down Colorado's running game pretty early, forcing him to go to the air. He is very accurate in the short to mid-range. His receivers don't have the speed to get open deep, so he really didn't go downfield very much. His o-line didn't really give him a lot of time to pass. He didn't use his QB as a running option, only when the play broke down and he had to scramble. He did use play action effectively.

Defense: Ran the 3-4 and tried to stay in that base formation as much as possible. Didn't actually blitz a lot, although he shows blitz a lot. Mixed man and zone pretty evenly. I don't remember him shifting his d-line or linebackers very much, he tried to keep them straight up. His safeties did creep up though.

7. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

OFFENSE: ran a little more than he threw (26 vs. 18), but was successful with both at times. Early on, the run wasn't working very well and he attempted to throw, but struggled, throwing two INTs fairly early. In the second half though, he went back to the ground and was, at that point, tough to stop. His line seemed to get a strong push on almost every play. When he needed to score late, he turned back to the passing game and was driving the field well with the deep slants from his outside WRs. However, a few times, he took too much time and I was able to get to his QB with very little blitzing.

DEFENSE: Ran nearly all zone and showed blitz a lot. I was able to run the ball with fair success (broke 100 yards on 32 carries), but late in the game, he committed to stopping it. However, I was running the clock down and he needed the ball. Had I thrown then, I could have probably found open WRs, as he was bringing a lot of men into the box (8 or 9 each play). His DBs were not very fast and were susceptible to the deep ball, but the zone took away a lot of routes to the flats. I had more success throwing over the middle where it seemed pretty vacant.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

This is the third time I have heard this. Please mix it up, and do not be showing blitz as often as it sounds (more than 50% of your plays).

9. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

In his defense, I know when I played him he used a 3-4, which would explain why he would show blitz alot. When you play a 3-4 defense you almost have to expect them to heavily blitz.

Its impossible to get pressure if your only bringing 3 guys.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I play the 3-4. You don't have to show blitz to blitz more than 3 guys. It's part of the rules, mix it up. If you come out every single play and show blitz, that will not be accepted.

Let's not turn his thread into a debate. If shmeezil wants to talk about it he can PM me or start a thread in the main area, my instructions were pretty clear though. Don't show blitz over 50% of your plays.

11. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

I didn't feel like I was overdoing it. Obviously I will change it up if people have a problem with it. Not a problem.

12. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

I don't think he overdid it in our game... Late in the game, he was doing it a lot, but that was because I was running the ball every play to run the clock.

13. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Likes to run the ball, but does a great job mixing it up. Had a hard time stopping him early on but as he got down he was forced to pass more than he wanted.

Ran a 4-3 most of the time on Defence, controlling the FS alot which got him burned on one play but overall did a pretty good job. Mixed up the play calling, didn't show blitz often like you guys said.

14. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Likes to run the ball, but does a great job mixing it up. Had a hard time stopping him early on but as he got down he was forced to pass more than he wanted.

Ran a 4-3 most of the time on Defence, controlling the FS alot which got him burned on one play but overall did a pretty good job. Mixed up the play calling, didn't show blitz often like you guys said.