Colorado game summaries 2013 edition

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Jan 22, 2010.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Colorado game summaries 2013 edition

Week 1

Colorado 20 Colorado State 0

The defense stole the show. Offense only put up 6 in the first half. Both Hunter and Thibadoux had TDs for Colorado in the 3rd quarter. Backups played the 4th.

Quote after the game: We are proud of how the team played. We stuck to our motto and it worked well. We need to work on some things on offense but as a team we played well.

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Florida 13 Colorado 10

Colorado had a chance to win game would not let spike happen around Florida's 10. Earlier in 4th Colorado passed up a chance to tie game on a different drive by running a fake fg instead. It failed.

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Week 3

Colorado 28 Fresno State 14

Colorado jumps out to a 21-7 halftime lead and coasted to 28-14 win. Hart throws for 3 TDs.

After game coach announced a change in starting QB, by placing RS FR Antonio Allen to replace Hart. Coach was disappointed in the lack of rushing in the first 3 weeks. Coach also announced that they will be working with a new playbook that will cater to Antonio's strengths.

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Week 4

Colorado 22 Utah 19

Antonio Allen started at QB and the first 3 quarters had the HC reaching for the Rolaids, Tums, Maalox and whatever else he could find. After Colorado fell behind 12-0 early 4th quarter, Antonio Allen showed why he was put in as starter. He led Colorado on 3 TD drives. The third started with 18 seconds left on the clock. Allen completed a 58 yard TD pass with 1 second left to win the game for Colorado.

Player of game
    Humter 63 yards rushing 2TDs

Stat of game
    Allen 9-12 passing 190 yards rushing 1 TD 0 Int 3 sacks 11 rushes 3 yards 2 fumbles

Coach said I'm glad we pulled out the win. The way Antonio played the first 3 quarters, I thought my job was on the line. I thought about replacing him at the start of the 4th, but he was starting to come around. When Utah failed the 2 pt conversion after the TD to take a 12-0 lead in 4th, I knew it was make or break and Antonio didn't disappoint. We still have a long way to go as a team but our defense stepped up and played like winners. Our DC had a great game plan and we executed it well.

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Colorado 20 Oklahoma State 3

The Antonio Allen experiment goes in a good way. He shows he can take a hit and still can play a little banged up in the win. Colorado scores 2 TDs in final 2 minutes to turn a close game into a blowout.

Highlights to follow.

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Colorado 31 Texas A & M 17

This game was a lot closer than the final score indicates. 14-14 at the half. A&M gets some momentum after an Antonio Allen interception. They start that drive around the Colorado 30. Colorado holds them to a FG. Colorado kicks the game tying FG in the fourth quarter then gets A&M to punt. On the next Colorado drive, Colorado drives down the field with Antonio Allen running the option with great results. He had a nice 52 yard option run to set up his 12 yard option run for a TD. A&M had one last chance to tie when the FS stepped in front of a pass returning it all the way for a TD with 22 seconds left.

Antonio Allen was player of the game with 104 yards rushing 94 yards passing and 3 total TDs. The head coach is looking more and more like a genius for swapping QBs after the Fresno State game.

The players and coaches want to thank Texas A & M, their coaches and their players for a great game. We wish them well on the rest of the season.

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Texas 22 Colorado 7

Rumors were how good this Colorado team could be. They played Texas like they are rebuilding this season.

After the big wins against OKST and Texas A&M. The head coach thought Antonio Allen could handle more of the offense. However, he was wrong.

Some DE for Texas had 4 sacks, Colorado probably was in the negative yards rushing.

Coach said after the game, we made bad choice after going up 7-0 in the first quarter. This one is on the coaching staff. We had a poor game plan.

Texas had far superior talent on both sides and it showed.

Notes off the record on the game:

First, if I called a game plan similar to the other games with Allen starting I probably still lose or I win on final drive. That would have eliminated the Robo DE, 3 of the sacks were glitches.

Second, even when a pass was deflected and a receiver for Texas could catch it they did. That included a TD reception that tied the game at 7. If a pass hit Colorado on D they just dropped it. Please note that is not a complaint on Colorado or even Texas, but that's what I saw. I saw it more here than the other CPU games.

All that being said comes back to this:Texas had far superior talent and it showed.

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Colorado 20 Kansas 14

Antonio Allen was the star for the Buffaloes on offense. He had over 120 yards rushing on less than 10 carries. He had an 88 yard option run untouched for TD.

Coach said after the game:

We played well as a whole. The 88 yard TD run sealed the win making the score 17-7. We made a coaching blunder on the last drive where we should have just knelt the ball on 3rd down and the clock would have ran but we weren't paying attention to the clock and ended up with a holding call which stopped the clock with around 20 seconds left. We kicked a FG and gave Kansas a small chance with 15 seconds left to score to win. Fortunately our defense played great all game and did not disappoint.

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Antonio Allen highlights

Game winning TD against Utah
    [YOUTUBE]h4z5-gLOZJM[/YOUTUBE]

52 yard run to set up game winning TD against Texas A&M

[YOUTUBE]vdVUu78BdfE[/YOUTUBE]

88 yard TD run against Kansas

[YOUTUBE]ngqRHA5-1lc[/YOUTUBE]

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Missouri 28 Colorado 21 OT

Down 21-0 in 3rd quarter, Colorado comes back and ties the game up with 38 seconds left. Missouri drives down and misses GWFG. Missouri gets ball first in OT and scores. Colorado drives to the 5 yard line and fails on 4th down.

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

awww you were on a roll bro do you still have a chance to win the north if you win out?

12. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Before I address that question, that game ticked me off. Nothing like playing an unstoppable team on offense and defense no matter what I did for the first 2 and 1/2 qtrs.

I have 2 losses in Big 12, Nebraska has 2, I think Missouri has 1. If I win out I have a slim chance I need some help though. I declared this a rebuilding year when I changed QBs. So I am not too upset about where we are at right now.

13. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Colorado 10 Iowa State 3

Colorado dominated on defense most of the game keeping the Cyclones off balance and in fits. However the offense played flat and that's why it was only 10-3 final.

14. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Nebraska 17 Colorado 10

Great game. Colorado made 1 big mistake and it cost them the game. Allen throws a pick 6 to give Nebraska a 14-7 first half lead. Colorado drove down the field inside the Nebraska 5 with under 30 seconds left and they were stopped on 4th and 1.

Great game by coach Drowsike.