Colorado Presser

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Dec 2, 2009.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Colorado Presser

Continuing in the bringing up talent in the likes of Kordell Stewart and Rashan Salaam. Coach buffbullfan is looking to continue the tradition of excellence that the previous coaches have brought to Colorado.

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

welcome bro invite shortly hope you can recruit tonight

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

if you sent the invite I can recruit tonight

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

sent you got an hour my man

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Got your first win as Colorado's new coach and a shut out at that, tell us a little bit about te game.

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Minnesota Colorado was simply this:

Minnesota wins toss drives the field. Drive stalls, they miss a 40 yard field goal. That was the only time they got to my side of the field till the 4th quarter.

Colorado played simple football, running the ball. Maybe running a little too much, but Hildbreth had over 100 yards rushing, 1 TD, in the first half. Our kicker made a 53 yard kick, wind aided, to open scoring.

In 4th quarter, Colorado up 16-0 forced Minnesota into an interception. That should have sealed the game but the next play Hildbreth fumbled the ball and Minnesota recovered. The only Colorado mistake in game.

The defense was the real star in the game with Minnesota being held to around 100 yards total offense.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Forgive my ignorance coach, but with the nice win vs TAMu where do you stand in the Big 12 North?

Who has been consistent and who needs to step up there play on your team?

How is recruiting going with all the success you have been having on the field?

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

We were among the leaders in the Big 12 North but were rather humbled by a far superior Texas team.

The most consistent player is Hildreth, impact RB. He has won many games this season for us all by himself. The defense has played well as well. Newby has been leading the way there.

The passing game has shown life at times but is on life support right now.

No recruits signed as of yet.

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Huge win vs. Oklahoma what do you need to carry over for a succesful outing vs KSU?

Any thruth to the rumors that you may be taking a new job?

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

We didn't play Oklahoma. We played Kansas. If our offense was not a one time thing against Kansas, we have a shot against Kansas State.

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I was goin back to the win you had over Oklahoma, I know you played kansas but that wasn't a big win lol it was expected.

12. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The win over Oklahoma State was a good win for the program, but in order to play with KSU the offense needs to play like they did against Kansas. That could be asking for a lot. As long as we don't play like we did against Texas we will be in the game.

13. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

This just in:

The hard work in recruiting has paid off for the Buffalos this season. They have 7 or 8 signed and are 7th or 8th in recruiting so far this season.

14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

nice job with the buffs big game coming up. Rivalry game with Braska for a shot at Texas can't beat that!!!!!!!!!

15. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

last year Nebraska barely pulled it out (interception at the 1yd line to preserve the lead!) in a highly contested game...

This year the game is at Nebraska though

16. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

It's not about location it's about playing the game. That being said, Colorado is working on new approach on offense for the big game.

17. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

It's all on the line coach give us some keys to the game vs. Nebraska.

18. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Keys are:

Can Colorado find more than a 2nd weapon on offense?

Can Colorado control field position?

19. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Colorado has announced they have made a change at QB. Starting against Utah in Utah will be RS FR Antonio Allen. Rumor has it the playbook has been changed as well.

20. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Cool we want post game details of how that QB played

Also fill us in on what your offense will be.

21. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I'll post summary later today. Good news is Colorado won 22-19 on a 58 yard TD pass with 1 second left on clock. All the excitement was in 4th quarter though, 3 lead changes in final 2 minutes of game.

22. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Antonio Allen made the coach earn his paycheck this week. He had 2 fumbles that were recovered by Utah that effectively took at least 6 points off the board. He also took a sack when Colorado had 0 timeouts left and under 10 seconds left in first half effectively wasting a chance at 3 points there. Coach will take blame there by not sending the kicking team out instead of running the play that was called.

Antonio Allen
    The good
    9-12 190 yards passing 1 TD

The bad
    11 carries 3 yards 3 sacks 2 fumbles both lost.

The future:
    Game winning 58 yard TD pass with 1 second left on clock.

23. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I guess Colorado isn't quite ready for Texas. Does Colorado have a chance to take the North?

What does this team need to propel itself to the top of the Big 12?

Besides Nebraska, who poses the biggest challenge for the Buffs?

24. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I think we can scare Nabraska this season, not sure if we have the talent to win the North though. We have it on defense, we may not have it on offense.

The team needs better play calling on offense. I will not lay the blame on Allen for the loss, it was poor play calling on offense that did us in.

I haven't looked at the schedule. but I can honestly say with Allen at QB every game is the biggest challenge for the Buffs.