Colorado State Rams | S5 Recruiting Tracker

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Apr 3, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

SEASON 5 CSU COMMITMENTS

[​IMG]

:3stars:MIKE HUNTER | (#62 CB)
    Career Projection: STARTER
    Analysis: What stands out about Mike Hunter is not only his good size (6'2 175 lbs) but he also has great speed (B+ SPD, C+ AGI, B- ACC) as well. Hunter has above average covering abilities (C MAN, C- ZONE) but will be most successful pressed up 1 on 1 against receivers (B PRESS). What really stands out as well is his jumping abilities (B+) which will pose huge problems for offenses. Hunter is not the best tackler, at times has trouble getting off blocks, and will bite on play-action. Overall he should be a productive starter with potential to be one of the best corners under the new regime.

:4stars:JUSTIN HIGDON | ESPNU150 (#13 WR)
    Career Projection: IMPACT PLAYER
    Analysis: The first ESPNU150 commitment for Coach IrishBearcat is a potential big-time playmaker. Justin Higdon has good speed for his size (6'4 207 lbs). His speed and break-tackle abilities aren't elite, but Higdon's abilities to make big please are definitely the cream of the crop. He will be able to get off the LOS when pressed (B- Release) and will make defenses pay with his ability to go up and get the football (B JUMPING) and go in and make the really tough catches (C+ CIT, B SPEC CTH). If Higdon is able to improve his speed and consistency in catching the football he has the potential to become one of the premier WR in the country.

:2stars:Jason Gonzalez | (#106 G)
    Career Projection: POTENTIAL STARTER
    Analysis: Jason Gonzalez is one of the top JUCO guards in the nation. Was offered by CSU in order to find some immediate help on the offensive line. Gonzalez doesn't "WOW" you with any of his ratings, but at the same time doesn't have a lot of weaknesses. Will definitely be involved in the two-deep once he gets on campus, but also has an outside shot to become a starter depending on the stride he is able to make with his final 2 years of eligibility to play collegiate football.

:3stars:Isaac Daniel | (#47 TE)
    Analysis: A solid TE Isaac Daniel will definitely fit in nicely with the Ram's offensive attack. He checks in at 6'3 which is good height for a tight-end. His size is also impressive with Daniel weighing in at 246 lbs as a freshman. He has decent blocking ratings in some areas (C IMP BLK, C RB FW, C- PB FTW) but other areas he could definitely improve his blocking. What makes Daniel special is his catching abilities (C- CTH, B- CIT). Daniel also runs great routes for a TE (C RR) at his size and stature. He'll be known for catching the football but could really be special if he is able to work on his blocking and strength.

:4stars:Ryan Henderson | (#33 WR)
    Analysis: Targeted as the #1 slot receiver on the Ram's recruiting board they hauled in a pretty good player. He's not the most complete slot WR but he definitely has elite speed (A SPD, B- AGI). Henderson stands at 5'11, 177 lbs which is pretty good size for a speed slot receiver. He doesn't have a lot of make you miss and is more of a straight line speed guy (C- SPM best rating), but has good jumping abilities. His hands aren't the best but good enough (D CTH, C- SPC CTH). He should end up being pretty productive in the slot, but we'll need to work on his hands and open field abilties in order increase YAC.

:4stars:Jon Fletcher | (#30 WR)
    Analysis: The third 4 star receiver to commit to the Rams will be another future playmaker for Colorado State. He is a tad on the smaller side at 6'0 176 lbs. He is definitely not going to scare a lot of people with his speed but has above average ratings in all speed categories. He has good ups (B JMP) which seems to be the them with WR commitments in this class. He has the ability to break some tackles (C BRK TKL) and is on of the better receivers at carrying the football (C+ CAR). He has the most complete catching abilities of this class (REC Ratings Average = C-) and will compliment the offense as a solid possession receiver.

:3stars:Randall Townsend | (#24 TE)
    Analysis: The fifth offensive weapon to commit to the Rams class is the second TE of this class. He has decent height at 6'3, but could definitely add some bulk with Townsend only weighing in at a very light 210 lbs. Compared to Daniel, Townsend is a better receiving threat but a worse blocker. He's faster too (C+ SPD) and runs great routes (C RR) to go along with his solid hands (C CTH, B- CIT). His ability to block in the running game is probably his biggest strength while engaged on the field (C RBS) but has a lot of work to do to improve his blocking abilities if he would like to become a legit threat to block and catch the football.

:3stars:Derrick Quinn | (#65 CB)
    Analysis: The second corner commitment in this class is very similar to the other (Mike Hunter). He has great height 6'3 which will give him the ability to potentially get a look at safety. He comes in pretty thick weighing in at 192 lbs as a freshman. He's a tad slower than Hunter but he has the edge in covering abilities (C+ MCV, C ZCV, B+ PRS). It's always nice to have two corner of similar styles because it enables a defense to get the most out of their secondary. Look for the Rams to press the coverage more in a few years as Derrick Quinn has the height, speed, and coverage skills to press even the best receivers and match-up very well.

:3stars:Drew Henderson | (#53 G)
    Analysis: A big get for the Rams class as depth at the guard position was an important need. Drew Henderson comes in with great height at 6'4 and great size (304 lbs) but could look to convert some of the fat into muscle to increase his strength (C+ STR). His blocking strengths are exactly what CSU's staff looks for in O-Lineman with great run blocking abilities (C RBF C RBS) and has decent pass blocking abilities (D+ PBF D+ PBS). He'll definitely make an impact with his ability to pancake defensive lineman (C+ IMP BLK) and create big holes in for the running back to find.

:4stars:Orlando Ward | (#14 QB)
    Analysis: The first true QB prospect for the Rams in a few recruiting classes will be a great addition to the future offense for CSU. Ward isn't spectacular in any one facet of his game but is pretty solid in all areas and doesn't have a lot of holes in his game. He has above average speed (C SPD C AGI). He has below average height standing only at 6'0 but is pretty thick for a quarterback his height (237 lbs). He won't be breaking a lot of ankles in the open field but has the ability to make a few people miss to pick up some yardage on the ground (C- ELU C- BRK TKL). He arm is average as well (C THP) but has decent accuracy (C+ THA). He'll need to redshirt and work on every phase of his game but has potential to be a very solid starting quarterback in a few years.

:3stars:Marvin Whitaker | (#39 DE)
    Analysis: The first DE to be signed in the Ram's class is one that has pretty good speed (C SPD A ACC). He also has good strength (C+ STR) to go with his impressive tackling abilities (C- TKL C HPW). Colorado State hasn't seen a DE as complete in all areas as Whitaker since Coach Irish Bearcat was hired. He is not the tallest DE standing at 6'2 but has solid mass weighing in at 246 lbs. He has the pass rushing abilities that has escaped the Rams on the recruiting trail for quite some time.

** UPDATED AS OF WEEK 13 **

2. IrishBearcat

3. IrishBearcat

4. IrishBearcat

5. IrishBearcat

6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Gonna guess the overalls on these...
    Hunter: 66 OVR
    Higdon: 71 OVR
    Gonzalez: 61 OVR
    Daniel: 63 OVR

7. IrishBearcat

Hunter: you're probably right
    Higdon: Higher
    Gonzo: A tad higher
    Daniel: A tad higher

although you're probably right, I always have high hopes for my recruits and then when you see the actual ratings it's always lower than ya think!

8. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Offensively, you can do a lot with lower rated players. Defense is more important with you not able to determine who the ball goes at. Personally, Higdon looks like a bust 4 star but you can still pull out something. Terrible Elusiveness and bad agility and he cant even catch! He compares to my commit Everret. I liked Everet's 6-5 frame with his top speed but he is not a good route runner or "receiver"
    I dont expect to pull in Hill but if I do thats huge! I have 2 other solid WR prospects on my board. More importantly, I have 5 WRs on my roster that are Freshman or sophomores now and I am not in a position to force an recruits to play immediately unless I love their skill sets

9. IrishBearcat

I will land at least two 4 star receivers, and battling VT for a potential 4th four star WR in this class alone!

Idk about considering Higdon a bust, I think he'll be great. His catch rating D is definitely below average but his Jumping rating (B+) combo'd with spectacular catch (B) will definitely be great to hit some long completions and help get big chunks of yardage.

Only time will tell I guess, all I know is he'll be much better than the receivers currently on the roster lmao.

10. IrishBearcat

11. IrishBearcat

12. IrishBearcat

13. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

avoiding the fact that he is 5 inches shorter, Henderson is a better player then Higdon as is Fletcher. I predict 73 OVR for hend and 72 for fletch
    Towndsend may be a 67

14. IrishBearcat

Why do you think he will be rated so high?

I think your way off base unless speed has a really heavy indicator of overall, which isn't what I've experienced in the past. Henderson's Base and Receiving Categories contain 3 C's and the rest are D's. Higdon has 4 C's and 2 B's. Speed is the only thing Henderson has going for him?

From what it looks like Henderson could be the lowest overall of the 3. Am I missing something?

15. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

i dont really think spectacular catch means that much
    I think Higdon may be better or about the same as fletcher but fletchers catch is slightly higher
    Agility is big and Higdon is below average. I cant see accell but that is huge too.

I have the 3 within 2 OVR. you did a great job on all three i think

16. IrishBearcat

17. IrishBearcat

18. IrishBearcat

19. IrishBearcat

20. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Can't wait til I start getting 4 stars lol

21. IrishBearcat

I know just got my first 1 last year lmao!

I'm hoping for 5 star interest next season :D

22. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Shit good luck lol. In my other dynasty I won the national title got my team to 5 stars and had people from ESPNU top 150 all interested in me :D

• Like Like x 1
  23. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Fawk. Don't like seein a pro style QB in the hands of your ass...

24. IrishBearcat

I wouldn't exactly call him a "pro-style qb" but more of a hybrid (balanced) qb. He has an above average arm and average speed.

25. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

With progression of QBs as your school prestige goes up, he will be really sick around his Junior-Senior year.