Colorado: We will Rock you......someday

Discussion in 'Team News' started by Lou, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Lou

Lou Walk On

Colorado, the worst team in the majors this early season, has decided to make a few moves..... the 1st of which was coaxing the NPL's 2032 championship manager, Lou Cifer, over the the United States to help lead the Rockies out of the cellar.

Lou Cifer addressed the media, "It's going to be a rebuilding process. I'm not gonna sugar coat it, fans may not be happy these 1st few seasons. However, I promise that we will do our best to put a very competitive product on the field, one that the fans in Colorado can be proud of!"

Quickly, Mr. Cifer has already made a move, releasing Lawrence Anderson, a rule 5 draft pick that has already been returned to the D'Backs.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lou

Lou Walk On

Lou Cifer seems to have rallied the troops in the early going, as the Rockies posted a "not too shabby" almost .500 record over the last few weeks. They have climbed out of the cellar and have sole possession of 4th in the division, trailing by 12.5 games.

Though the Rockies are not expected to challenge for anything in the near future, it's nice to see a pulse!

3. Lou

Lou Walk On

As we are heading into All Star weekend soon, the Rockies have really impressed as of late, climbing to 3rd in the division. They currently sit 13 games out of 1st for the division and 8.5 out of the wild card. It would be a complete shock if the Rockies were to be in the picture the final month of the season, but at least the team is showing signs of life and are responding to the rookie GM.

AS weekend news: It looks like there are 5 Colorado players garnering votes for the big game, and it is no shock that they are all for the offensive abilities, as not 1 Rockie pitcher has been considered.

Angel Vega, Stuart Brown, Sal Rodriguez, Frank Zapata and Howard Hoskins are all receiving votes, but Sal is the only one that really has the best shot at starting. Brown still has a shot, but as a young player, it's unlikely. However, he could be a name that garners attention the rest of his career. He's already been moved over to SS for Colorado for the remainder of this season. With the lack of quality SS in their minors and their #2 overall pick (a SS) refusing to sign, the Rockies may see him there for the rest of his stay in Colorado.

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Good stuff Lou
    Colorado was tough for pitchers, but I loved the lineup

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lou

Lou Walk On

Yeah Bob. Great lineup. Vega is a monster. I had to move brown to SS, and none of your draft picks liked the new gm. Lol. There's some solid pitching prospects tho.... Hopefully we can get them to the ML and make those fans proud!!

• Like Like x 1