Colts and Giants Staying

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Just giving everyone an update on the team movement. I'm going to try and keep everyone in the loop with these more, since things should be more stable now.

Matrix Monkey is staying.

hoppedupford has decided to stay as the Giants owner. Ford, please keep in touch with me via PM. Hopefully you'll find that sticking around is worthwhile.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

hoppedupford I don't know if I can ever forgive you for letting the Saints just walk into the playoffs. Send me a sample of your video game roids and maybe...

3. Keller

lol

4. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Told you I'd stay.

5. Keller

"Begrudgingly" staying is not exactly a ringing endorsement. I want you to be here because you want to be, not because you feel like you have to be. Make sense?

6. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Yea, of course. I love being here, just like 80% of the time. Just want shit to be done about cheesers. I don't think thats too much to ask.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Keller

I'm doing everything I can to corral it. I can't do anything if people aren't coming to me with evidence though (it seems like most people are simply doing nothing, which is the opposite of what I have tried to convey to all the owners).

If you have a problem with someone, come to me. Believe it or not, I document all of the complaints against users and try to approach them with facts when there is an issue. I believe in letting people know what they're doing wrong before simply kicking someone for messing up. Some guys need guidance as opposed to ruthlessness. That being the case, its understandable that some things will slip through the cracks. The whole point of this is to have fun, so I can't blame you if you're not having a good time but realize that there are larger things at work rather than just any one game in particular.

Everything is a process BUT I have came down on people before. Just ask previous TMFL owners about the last Bronco's owner. We tried to correct it and when we couldn't, he was shown the door. Especially with new guys though, I believe in giving them a chance. If they screw up, they'll be told about it and either they'll get with the program or they'll be gone.

Does that clear things up for you?

8. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Yea, I agree completely. But can we make it more public or is that frowned upon? Letting everyone know who's had complaints so we know who to watch for and we know everyone's status, like put people on probation after a negative report.

It would also help if people actually used a headset so you could talk to people about their tactics instead of pausing and typing a long message that takes longer than 30 secs to write out.

I was having a great time but then my entire is season is wasted/ruined in Week 15 and 16 after I spent a whole lot of time on everything. It sucked and yea I got a little peeved. It just seemed liked nothing was being done about it.

All this stuff is in the rules and has been from the start there should be very little tolerance for calling the same play 10+ times or only calling 2-3 defensive plays all game.

9. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Pretty sure if you took care of business against the Buccaneers, then you would have been in.

hoppedupford pass the video on to me.. I have a couple of QBs in the NFC South Id like to hurt.

On another note, here's to having ryty32 playing a full season this year and see what damage he can do in the NFC South. Got each of us once this year.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Keller

Public bashing is not something we do - unless its in jest of course. That said, I think taking a jab at someone in the scores/recaps thread is more than reasonable, assuming it doesn't escalate beyond that - thats part of a healthy league IMO. If things get heated I step in and cool things off and tell the parties involved to take it to PM.

As far as headsets - they are 100% required. That doesn't mean that a user has to be wearing one the entire game, just that they have one available in case the other user needs to talk. I thought that I had made that pretty clear. If it wasn't, it should be now. If you need to speak with a user - do so.

When we start to talk about specifics and gameplay, things can go south in a hurry. What one user perceives as "the same play" or "the same route," the other user may perceive differently. In these cases we all have to be men here and accept that we all have different views of whats abuse, whats sim, whats cheese etc. etc. There is no line in the sand we can draw that is perfect for every scenario. Bottom line is don't be a douche. If you feel like your opponent is being a douche, call him out on it. If you want to come to me with an official complaint, do so, but please try and come with evidence (save replays after the game.) In the end, someone who isn't playing by the rules is going to be found and they will be dealt with. I have to make decisions in those cases so I'm only going to really come down hard on someone if there is evidence to support that stance.

11. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Well, I'm still in. Like I said I only had problems in 2 games this year. Just really effing sucked that they happened back to back at the end of the season and knocked me out of the playoffs.

And I didn't mean public bashing a cheeser. I meant keeping a public thread of people that have been reported then everyone is aware of everyone's status and we can be sure people are being properly chastised against future rule breaking.

12. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

I was week 15.... so i seriously would like to know what was wrong with my gameplay... I didnt wear a mic because I was working while we were playing. And I thought you were cheese throwing to your TE all game or those drags to your outside WR... dropping back far with Manning. If you think I was cheese because I adjusted my defense to match what you were doing on offense and just kept stopping you because you didnt change what you did on offense then I guess you might be right. If you think I was cheese on offense.... well, I dont know what to say about that because I and everyone who know me understands I am very sim running my offense.

13. Keller

Lets keep things civil if you guys are going to discuss your week 15 game.

14. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I don't want to offend you or have this turn into an argument but this is why I thought you cheesed:

Every viewable run play at the end of the game was the same stretch play with the FB lead
    40 of your defensive snaps were viewable at the end of the game
    Of those 40, 30 of them (75%) were the same (or incredibly similar) 6 man LB blitz
    The other 10 plays it was either a nickle Cover 3 or the Dime 3-2-6 play.

15. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Your going to be running alot more of the same plays on defensive opposed to offense. It's not cheesing to run 75% zone or man. And if even if he is running the same defense over and over, well thats on you for not adjusting properly and attacking it. Every type of defense has weaknesses. I've played X many times, he's 100% sim and legit. Period.

16. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

From the rules thread:

"Diversity in gameplan, Moderation of tactics and Respect for your opponent."

"03.05 - Playcalling, Mixing it Up, Play Action
    Owners are expected to mix up plays on both offense AND defense. If your team falls behind early in the game, it's understandable if you become a one-dimensional offense with your passing game. As long as the game is close, TMFL expects all box scores to reflect a concerted effort at a running game."

And if you read what he wrote about me then you'll see that I was trying to exploit his D by throwing over the middle and backing away from the blitz up the gut on almost every play. Sometimes you can't take advantage or maybe I suck. Either way he broke the rules that we're all supposed to be playing by. And yea, you can run a lot of man or zone or call the same defensive play a couple times, but not the same freakin play 30 times.

17. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

What happened?

18. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

If it were me, I would want my opponent to run the same play on defense over and over. That would be an easy day for me. Cheesing on defense would be running the same type of blitz every down and racking up a bunch of sacks. Or doing a nano blitz. Or doing something that is messing with the AI.

Running a bunch of vanilla cover 3 is not cheesing. Or neither is a simple LB man blitz. And I highly doubt he ran the same play 30 times in a row.

19. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

My efficacy at exploiting the same coverage isn't the issue here. The issue is the rule breaking.

20. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

I don't see any rule breaking. I probably would have done the same thing. If Im in a certain type of zone or man and my opponent is struggling then why change it? Im going to keep running cover 3 if you can't throw on it. Im not going to run it 30 times in a row, (and I doubt X did either), but I'm going to run it alot until you beat me with that coverage. On offense, its different. Defense, you can only run so many different types of plays. It's man, or zone. As long as there was no glitching, nanoing, or exploiting the AI, then there should not be an issue.

21. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

I felt like I was diverse on defense... I used different blitzes and I ran zone (I dont create non-blitzing by stacking or reblitzing players, I use stock madden plays no hot routes).... you say I blitz all the time another guy says I run too much zone...

One thing that drove me nuts at the end of the game... I want to be a good sport and not run up the score. I kneel out the clock, and then on 4th down with 30 seconds left after I kneeled on 3rd down you called a timeout. why? game was over.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  22. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

That QB drop is WAY to far back, and THAT is an example of cheesing.

23. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

running straight backwards or well behind the line of scrimmage without being under pressure is not realistic

We've already established you blitzed six 30 times. You sacked me 9 times. Yea, I'm going to avoid the pressure when you dont mix up your playcalling and you blitz all the time. I wasn't dropping back 15+ yards or anything, I was drifting slowly away from the pressure to buy time. The only suspect play was in your highlight reel at the end and you can clearly see the LB screaming right through the middle of the pocket and me running to avoid him.

24. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Where? There were two 5 step drops, one 7 step drop, one 3 step drop, and the busted play at the end.

25. Keller

Is there a video I'm missing or something?