Colts Cap Situation

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Colts Cap Situation

I told Dave that he could cut a single player from his squad at no cap penalty to get under cap. He was asking and FA starts in about 3 hours, so I made a decision.

Probably overstepped the bounds. Oh well. Not the first time. :)

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Win, you and I have talked a lot about this and I feel you keep wanting your way with it, but without hurting feelings bud this is my call and i've made it. He can cut as many guys as he wants to get under, and as soon as he is under then hes done cutting. If he wants to cut 3 scrubs then i'll let him, if he wants to cut 1 star then fine. He's allowed to cut and get under and then he's done.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That's better for him, honestly. I have no problem with it I reckon. As long as he understands this is a one-time window because of him being over cap.

My only fear (which I honestly DON'T think he'll do after talking to him) is him cutting big contract players to get some free money. I don't think he will do that; therefore, I don't have a huge problem with him cutting players at no penalty. As long as the league knows why we are allowing him and that this is a one-time exemption, I got no argument. You're the boss! :)

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Well we only allow him to cut guys until he's over. If cutting 2 scrubs puts him $5 under, then its done. I can make sure he understands that.