Colts Hold Off Texans

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by cry_havoc, Feb 11, 2013.

1. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] 31 - 24 [​IMG]
    The Colts come into week 3 on a not so appealing 2 game win streak. Over the last 2 weeks the Colts offense has exploded, showing there guns and the fire power of a high scoring team. The only hiccup has been there defense, who has found themselves at the bottom of the league in total defense. A defense that helped guide the Colts to a championship in 2014, still has its familiar faces in players like FS Bethea, SS Stewart and cornerbacks Davis and Browner. If anything Indy fans thought they were getting an even more potent defense with addtitions like MLB David Harris and rookie LB Small. Week 3 would be a test to regroup against a division foe the Texans.
    As expected the Colts came out firing. Luck would meet up with WR Bibb twice as he would haul in consecutive td passes...one of 5yds and another of 13yds on a play action pass over the middle. This would put them up 14-0 in the beginning of the second. Then on the insueing kickoff, LB Woodyard forced a fumble and the Colts would pound in another 6 a couple plays later on a Carter run to go up 21-0. Texans got a drive going and would move into Colts territory, only to be brickwalled by SS Darian Stewart who laid out Owen Daniels over the middle and forcing a fumble sending it back the Colts way. They would tack on a fg to go up by a comanding 24-0 lead at the half.
    Clearly the 1st half was all Colts...and finally it seemed the defense showed up. But not so fast. In a game that appeared to be over it seemed the Colts gameplan drastically changed. The defense laid off and played soft coverages as well as the early explosive offense, went to a more conservative approach. The Texans wouldnt lay down as they would get things started with a fg. After forcing the first Colts punt, Schaub hit WR Andre Johnson on an absolutely ridiculous catch for 55yds pulling them closer. Down 24-10 you could feel the momentum shifting towards Houston. They would force another punt and once again move the ball down the field on several 3rd down conversions(something that has killed the Colts so far this season). Houston would punch it in again to be only down by a score.
    Gathering the troop together, Coach Music made it a point to stay focused and get aggressive again. "Know your roll and do what you do best" he said. Next posession, Luck and Co. hit the Texans right back in the mouth. They drove right down the field and capped it off with a 46yd td pass to WR Hilton. This would be just enough as the Texans would score late again but was too late.
    The Colts now see themselves at 3-0 but not totally happy with there last 3 performances. Something will have to change in upcoming weeks as the Colts are always looking to get better.
    Great game Dave. Hell of a comeback.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

it must be tough to be 3-0.. rough life

• Like Like x 1
  3. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Doesnt hurt to be hard on yourself a little...makes you better in the end. Holding accountability builds success baby. A win is a win...yes. But the way they happen may be ugly. I'm striving for another championship and right now my defense isn't where its at.

4. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

jesus. make me fucking gag james

• Like Like x 1
  5. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

6. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Good game James. It was one of those you want to throw in the towel at the half, being down 24-0 and I really wasnt even thinking to comeback from, it just kind of happened lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Well u kept me on my toes... i appreciate you not laying down. again, killer fight.