Colts: Saddening Story Around the League

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by cry_havoc, Dec 1, 2012.

1. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

[​IMG]

Due to the recent horrific events that happend in Kansas City, I will be releasing my starting MLB Jovan Belcher. Im doing this for 2 reasons.

1. I cant fathom having a player on my roster that committed suicide but nonetheless murdered his gf.

2. I want to play out my season as sim(real) as possible and dont believe in playing a deceased player.

I'd rather pay my respects and let him go.

Being a huge football fan like probably all of you...it kind of affects us all and makes us think about life. I feel terrible for Chiefs fans to the full extent. At the end of the day i have no respect for someone who takes there own life, but you never truly know whats going on in someones life. And thats scary.

With that said, again...I will be releasing Belcher. I expect to take a cap hit whatever it is and ill move forward. Those of you who consider picking him up...best of luck, but this story will loom over you.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

i agree. as a league i believe that belcher should remain off anyones rosters. for both him and his familys respect. i am not one to judge someones life, but i for one just want others to be respectful of his

• Like Like x 2
  3. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Standup moves James, sad sad story

• Like Like x 1
  4. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

This is definitely a sad story. I respect your decision to release him, but also wouldn't have a problem if you did not decide to do so.

I refuse to judge those that decide to take their own life, as I cannot know their circumstances or mental state that drove them to that desperate of an act. The fact that he took the life of his girlfriend and the mother of his child is deplorable and I feel most sorry for that poor baby.

• Like Like x 6
  5. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

My cousin took his own life and yes it's a coward move in my opinion. If you never experienced personally you have no idea.

• Like Like x 2
  6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

My godmother did as well. Yes, I think I know first hand.

Fuck Belcher. Take your own life = coward. Take someone else's first = burn in hell twice over. If we find out he was suffering from mental illness, I'll take back my comments. Depression and other sorts of mental illness are no joke, and should never be taken lightly.

*Nice post James.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Classy move bruh. I had an uncle that committed suicide myself. No one knows what another man goes through or what it is to walk in his shoes. I would never condone a suicide, but sometimes life can be too much for one person to handle or makes him feel like he's gotten all he ever will have out of it. I would never call another man a "coward" for taking that route. I WILL however; call a man a coward, or whatever other negative synonym you want to use in it's place, for murdering, raping, or hitting a woman. What this man did was disgusting. He left that little baby in this world to fight for herself with neither parent. Down right disgusting and inhumane. I would never ever ever never condone those actions.

With that said, I guess I'll be the a**hole who picks him up. I guess, as was with the whole slider debacle, I separate Madden and/or any other video game further apart than what real life is more than some. Me picking him up will not loom over me because quite honestly I just lost a grandparent and that will loom over me much harder than me playing with this guy in a video game ever would. To each his own, and again that was a classy move on your part James. Hope no one looks at me differently for picking him up off of Free Agency.

PS. I'm available for scrim all day today (tomorrow too!), so let's run one!!

• Like Like x 5
  8. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Hell of a move James..but im not mad at Loren for picking him up either!

ThaBayouChef No asshole involved man....if he's in the GAME..play his ass! No one should look at you any different..if I needed a LB, he would have gotten a call from me as well..or got picked up by somebody else.

Think I was using the Skins in Madden at the time of death of Sean Taylor..completely different situation..but both deceased..needless to say, he stayed on my team!

So with that said.....good pick up Loren!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 5