Colts Stampede to the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by cry_havoc, Jan 22, 2013.

1. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

[​IMG]
    Robert Mathis leads his team back to the promise land.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 45 - 13 [​IMG]
    All year long the Colts defense has disguised looks, brought heat and just about gave all of there opposing QBs an aneurism. In the past you always heard of 2 names...2 dominant pass rushers who lead the Colts to a Super Bowl victory in 2007. There names, Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis. Freeney hung it up a year ago but Mathis still had gas in the tank. This past season the Colts D played as tough as anyone. There depth at each position has proven to be one of there reasons for success. Another...there pass rush. Staying quiet for most of the year Mathis came out on Sunday with a vengeance and with pride he had back in 2007. Playing like he was 26 again, Mathis helped lead his young Colts to another Super Bowl appearence by beating the Broncos in the AFC Championship game by a convincing score 45-13.
    Once again the Colts balanced attack was too much. Luck had a near perfect day going 13/20 for 266yds and 4tds. Carter and Humphrey split the load on the ground where they accumulated 156yds together. On the defensive side of things the Colts came out swinging as they put a hault to the Broncos run game early. They held one of the most premiere backs of the season in Darrian Reagan to just 45yds on 11 carries. Mathis was the playmaker on the day tallying up 8 tackles, 2 sacks and a forced fumble.
    The Broncos played from behind for most of the game as a couple of fumbles hurt them early. Regardless for being hit hard throughout the game, Osweiler still had a decent day . He threw for 308yds with 1td and a pick. Demaryius Thomas had a stellar day hauling in 3 recs for 165yds and a td.
    The Colts now will wait to take on the winner of the Bears and Eagles NFC Championship game. Best of luck guys.
    GG Drew

• Like Like x 9
  2. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

*their ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Four fumbles for Osweiler... He practically gave the game away. Congrats on the win James. Good luck in the SB!

4. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Nice win man. Good luck in the SB.

5. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Yea Drew didnt catch a break in the fumble category...i dont think ive ever forced 5 fumbles in a game lol. It definatly made the difference in the game. Thanks Doug.

6. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Thanks Taylor...wont be an easy one thats for sure.

7. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

My prediction is still on point.

8. PAPER R1VAL

PAPER R1VAL Walk On

Good game, man. Win for the AFC in the Super Bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Congrats James and nice win. I hope to see you at the Superbowl Party, we shall see.

• Like Like x 1
  10. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

Im not bitter or anything but Osweiler fumbled 3 times in my game too... Lineman must have been tired from chasing his fumbles around the week before

11. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

good job james. also Drew, you had a great season, the AFC champ game is nothing to be ashamed of, most of us are on the outside looking in on the playoffs

• Like Like x 5
  12. PAPER R1VAL

PAPER R1VAL Walk On

I'm not ashamed at all...lost to one of the best. I would've liked to put up more of a fight, but there's always next season.

• Like Like x 6
  13. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Well we've played about 5-10 times in the community, hopefully if I pull this one out we can play a meaningful one. Congrats bruh.

14. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

[​IMG]

:D:D

• Like Like x 4
  15. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

I meant cuz he gonna give me some VIP passes for me and my family to attend Loren LOL. ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  16. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Hahah thanks guys. Loren, the amount of scrims we've played...i dont even know how many times ive beaten you. Me and Zo are very familiar too... so regardless its goin to be a hell of a game. Ill be game planning tonight for the both of you. Best of luck in your game. That McCoy injury is a big deal. Wish i could watch this one.

• Like Like x 1