Combining ODs??

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by JerzeyReign, Apr 12, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Combining ODs??

With the recent slack in ODs here in the last couple of months just wanted to know if its' possible to start combining some of the ODs for the active people. Some leagues are on once a week advances with no forum activity. If you take out all the multiples from each league (I personally play in 4 leagues with at least one person who is in all of 'em). I'm not saying disband the current ODs or fire commishes but can us active folks have a league of our own? I play in 4 leagues and have no problem keeping up. Most of the time I'm waiting for all 4 to make a move. I understand people have lives outside of TF that's why I'm not calling for any heads. I would just like one more OD for us active/patiently waiting NCAA ballers.

I don't know if this is just frustration finally boiling over but I think this is something our "top of the food chains" could discuss.

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Lol that one person by any chance wouldnt be me would it. Yeah the only league that advances pretty quick is Chaos it seems to fly most of the time

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah it's just a thought. Some ODs are stuck in the mud right now. Don't want to try to end their tenure, just want to grab the most active guys from all the ones that are "stuck" and get back to a 48-72hr (probably sooner) advance with some guys. Hell I don't care if they agreed to this and then simmed the OD 5 years (so all the guys we know are gone) to even it out. I just like playing football. I fully blame TF for my addiction to NCAA this year. This is by far the most I've ever played this game this late into it. I would of shelved this when the NBA games dropped and then shelved that when the Show dropped. But thanks to all the cool people at TF, NCAA is the most played game out of my collection by far, lol.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

No issues with that in Cream of the Crop. But I feel you JerzeyReign....there are some really unactive leagues right now man. I highly recommend you ask to be put on the Cream of the Crop wait list.

Your really active so you would be a great add for us in 10' and going into 11'

5. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I agree. A lot of the OD's are slowing down but we will be entering season 7 this week and are steadily advancing pretty much every 48 hours. We still got a good 2-3 seasons left

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yeah other than Cream and Chaos everywhere else seems dead. Heck i even added a couple things to some of them and its a total waste of time to spend 40 minutes every advance to just look over recruits and list them on the forum in those

7. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

The Deuce is still going strong as we are in our 10th season & have about 2 or 3 more seasons in us b4 NCAA 11.

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Coast 2 Coast is still cruising along as well.

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    To answer your question, no, there will be no joining or combining of similar dynasties for the remainder of '10.

There will be some changes as we move closer to '11. You will see premier leagues start forming when we get closer. This will all be done by management and the commissioner team. Premier leagues are active leagues for active members. With the PS3 division still in it's infancy, you should expect it to move to the same structure that the XBOX leagues experienced this year.

Leagues that are still going strong will continue to do so. Leagues that are struggling should have it's members and the commissioner encourage more activity.

10. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

OFFL West is flying faster than ever. We got 2 more good seasons left before 11 as well

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I wonder out loud if users becoming over extended in their participation causes some of the activity slowdowns from league to league?

Don't get me wrong if you can do 4 leagues you can do 4 leagues. If you have time for one you have time for one....etc. I personally do two and that's all I could really handle. I was in three for a little bit but just couldn't find the time for all of them so I had to leave one. Everyone's different with different schedules and different lives, but I wonder sometimes what kind of factor that has on the activity level.

Not directed at anyone, just curious if anyone else thinks this could be a contributing factor at times.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I don't think its' the number of ODs that slow it down or kill the activity. Alot of ODs are alive and kicking because some of us are in multiple ODs. The problem is life and change of season for sports IMO.

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    After tracking progress on the best NCAA leagues on the internet for almost two years now, I have to say that over-extension is one of the most common reasons for reduced activity. People seem to get burned-out faster by over-extending themselves.

If you look at the fast-paced, higher-content leagues you will notice that very few (if any) of them are in multiple leagues. When you have 12 guys who all make it a priority to put as much as they can into a dynasty, you have something really special. This is the whole premise behind the premier league setup that we started this last year.

14. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm currently down to 2 OD's and the MLB 2k10 league which will hopefully improve my activity as far as posting summaries. I post probably post 5-10 times a day and most of it is in my 2 leagues that I cut down to.

15. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Also, if you are in multiple ODs then you also will care less about your team in any given OD. I only play in one OD, so if I lose then I don't have 3 other ODs to distract me, so not only will I have more time to participate/contribute, but I also "live and die" with every game. I think this is another reason to only play in one OD, after all, it is not very "Sim" to play in 4 different worlds :p

That said- I am not accusing anyone or calling anyone out- I am fine with others playing multiple ODs as long as they don't hold up a league because of it- I just like the extra "meaning" that I get from each game by only having one time to lose sleep over.

16. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm in 4, but admittedly there are two that I really focus on (Coast2Coast and Trifecta where I'm the commish). The other two I'm in more for practice, to help those leagues with keeping spots filled and because NCAA is really the only game I'm playing these days. I definitely post less in those 2 than the ones where my attention is focused.

For 2011, assuming the set up of the leagues stays somewhat consistent, I'm going to limit myself to just Coast2Coast and the Trifecta.

That said, I'd have to slightly disagree with Drifter on one point, I think some of the most active Xbox OD's are due to a core group of active players being in multiple OD's. Take for example, there are multiple guys from T1 and the Deuce who are in other OD's and are great members there (such as Cole, Bogey, Bondzai, Mogriff, etc), and a good chunk of the core group from C2C (myself, KnighNoles, Papa Perry, castortroy, bravejaf, maxattax) are in multiple OD's and among the more active participants in those OD's. I think if you saw all these people scale back to 1 or even 2 OD's, you'd have about 3 or 4 leagues drop off pretty quick, which seems to be starting to happen on it's own.

Just my two cents.

17. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

To be fair, in my experience, the guys that generally hold leagues up are the ones who are only in one OD. They tend to be online less and/or playing other games. Those of us who are 'addicts' to the OD phenomenon usually are the ones waiting for everyone else to get their **** done (for example, I'm in 4 OD's and haven't had a game to play in 2 days). Not being argumentative, just sayin....

18. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I agree the dynasty is as good as the core members and how well they gel together. take C2C for an example, Mors started the thing then for some reason left and we lost a few members but once I found the group that I have now, were on the same page and into our 5th season. We could prob be where the Deuce and T1 are if we started at the same time and had everything on the same page.

I think the CEO/board will have a better idea for 11 and going forward about leagues and how many there will be. They will probably cut some leagues because of this for this reason instead of combining them like they have said.

Ahh yes... Im in Trifecta, Southern Exposure, The Rivalry, 4 Horsemen and Coast2Coast in which I commish along with the MLB2K and The Show leagues. Since I am a college student I have time to be in active in all and if you ask any of them I probably am or the top poster/comment person.

The only times that I have difficulty is now I play college baseball and in full swing and when classes have papers and assignments due back to back to back or finals. C2C was my original, I got into Trifecta and then restarted it. SE I joined and then the Rivalry needed help so I jumped in that to help it along and then 4Horseman is a top dynasty and had to get into that even though it was after everyone moved around from lower teams...

19. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Good point- I may be different than most 1 OD guys because NCAA10 is really the only game that I play- I can see where some single-ODers might be more casual users while the core users that contribute will tend to play more ODs.

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Bruce, Bogey, Mogriff, Shaun, Cole and Bondzai are the only guys in the top two leagues that are in more than one NCAA dynasty and all of them are only in two dynasties max. Bogey and Bondzai didn't pick up a second league until a few months ago.

Dru, you are describing two different types of members that are only in one dynasty. There is a guy who is only in one because he doesn't care enough about the game or the community to get involved. Then there is a guy who is only in one dynasty because that is all they need to be in. The Deuce is the most fun I have ever had playing video games. We are in season 10 right now and show no signs of slowing down. It's been incredible.

The examples you gave for guys in multiple dynasties are some of the most active guys on the site. If you put an average user in that same scenario, he will likely not be able to keep up, reduce activity and eventually become a non-contributor in all or most of the leagues he is in. I just don't think you are comparing apples to apples.

Imagine a dynasty with the 12 most active guys on the site, who are only in that one dynasty. Imagine the content and pace, it would be unreal. Obviously that would never happen, nor would everyone be interested in creating it. Some guys need multiple dynasties to feed their craving for user games, etc.

I guess what I'm saying is that it depends on the user. However, there is overwhelming evidence that there is a lower success rate, activity level and content amount for users in multiple dynasties.

21. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

It really works either way, it just depends on the player. I'm in the Deuce where most of the guys are only in 1 league and everyone there is very active. I'm also in Coast 2 Coast and Climb the Ladder where most of the guys are in multiple leagues and they stay active as well. It's just a matter of having the right group of guys together in a dynasty to keep it interesting. The Deuce and Coast 2 Coast are both going strong will into April and it's solely because of the people in it.

22. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm a guy who is and has been in a lot of OD's, all thru TF. I read someone else who said that they are playing NCAA 10 a lot longer because of TF, and I couldn't agree more. This site drives the game and my interest. The times I've run into problems with multiple leagues, I'm sure I'm not the only one, is trying to do an offseason or scheduling multiple user games on the same night. Not always easy.

One suggestion I have to drifter or ryno as we look forward to NCAA 2011, what about trying to organize the premier leagues based on when people want to play or times of the day that work best for a group of people? Obviously, a guy who works Monday thru Friday, 9-5 wants to play at night or on the weekend. College students have more flexibility. Twister, myself, bond....we're guys who are around during the day and seem to play more then. It would really help the flow of a dynasty if the majority of people in it had similar schedules. I joined T4, which is full of 9-5'ers....and its been awful trying to schedule those games....our schedules just don't line up well. Its no one's fault.

Just a suggestion.

23. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I feel if your in a league(even a 1 OD)& your constantly holding up the league with no explanation, then you don't care about the league or the members in it. It only takes 2 minutes to shoot ur commish message to tell them whats up. In the Duece, technically we have 2 spots open, but those spots are reserved for guys who lets us know they are dealing with life & to put them on auto or just removed them until further notice & thats cool with me because these are the guys I been playing with since NCAA 10.

24. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Not cool, not cool... im kidding of course, you all have your SOLID group and there pulling their inner Urban Meyer.. Im still waiting on JR to ask those questions lol

(y)

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I agree with everything that has been stated about its' the core of guys. I don't think having the same schedules will help keep people's interest in a game. On the PS3 their are tons of dynasties of multiples. If you took us multiples out their probably would only be 5-6 dynasties. I'm in Chaos and even with our commishes' busy schedule we still keep it moving, which amazes me. We're heading into season 4 which is close to where everyone else is except for a couple. Being the "baby" OD of TF, that's pretty damn good. I think the premier leagues probably will satisfy my craving to play all the time and maybe end the dropoff in activity.