Come on everyone!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Basis4aDay56, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Come on everyone!

Guys, this is pitiful. We shut down our old league to increase participation, and this is what happens?? Granted, nothing exciting is going on since we aren't playing games yet, but that should make you realize that the reason we have yet to play is because we only have 9 with their recruiting stuff and 7 with their game summary stuff done.

What gives? Its not like you have to post ANY content in the thread yet -- just get it up so we can begin! AG sent everyone a PM but that didn't do too much, although a couple posted some stuff after that so thank you for doing so.

So, I am going to publicly humiliate you and call you out -- GET. YOUR. SHIT. DONE. I am in the middle of an ASSLOAD of work for school and helping my family out, but seriously, how long does it take to post your available scholarships, a thread for you to put your recruiting info into, and a thread to put future game summaries into??? Took me 5, maybe 10 minutes, and it was JUST the break I needed from typing school-related stuff.

Too busy to do even that? How come you haven't dropped ONE LINE to say, "Hey guys, I am going to be busy as hell this week, sorry about that but I will have more time soon", OR, "I am not going to have the time for this that I thought I would need, so I am going to have to retire, or put me on auto for a while until I straighten things out"??

So here we go...

BIGGEST OFFENDERS
    --- TEXAS (REAGLEBEAGLE): Reagle, you are a good guy and a family man, but you have even posted recently without giving any of this any attention. Just put your threads up man, I know you are itching to get going.
    --- UCLA (LONGHORN_FEVER): I have no idea who you are or what. I have seen you post a couple of times here. You seem okay from the little I could gather, but maybe this concept isn't for you? If it is, get your shit done man.

NEED RECRUITING THREAD UP
    --- MICHIGAN STATE (JC): I am inclined to think you just forgot since you put up a game summary thread. Prove me right and pop your recruiting thread up there.

NEED GAME SUMMARY THREAD UP

--- OKLAHOMA (PK): I know you are running another league and everything man, but get your thread up. This was your idea, right? You are a good guy -- lets get this started!
    --- NOTRE DAME (Dat): I am inclined to believe you are busy as hell as you have indicated, but we haven't heard any recent updates from you as far as your free-time-situation. What's goin on Champ? There are 4 people that would have KILLED each other to have been Notre Dame, so hopefully you get back into this. If there are problems, we could hold your spot -- just say SOMEthing.
    --- MICHIGAN (JBLITZ): I know you are a busy guy too, and since you put your recruiting thread up I know you have some interest in getting started. Pop this thread up so you can test drive the Maize 'n Blue!

That's it. We have 9 recruiting threads up and 7 game summary threads up. We are seemingly close, but Thursday is closer. You don't want to be dropped before you even start, do ya?

Thanks for reading this, and hopefully it lights a damn fire under your asses. Realize that this attack on your slow asses comes from someone who has enjoyed playing in a league with (almost) all of you and wants to continue it. The longer we wait, the easier this dies.

Plus, I am not the commish, so I don't have to be PC about anything. :D

2. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

This is why I love Basis. He'll call you out and make you feel like crap. Good job Basis!

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

My goal was to make everyone feel like crap, therefore motivating them. Whatever this post did for whoever reads it, I cannot control -- :cool:

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I know I have to be PC, being the commish and all, but I'm kinda with Basis on thia one. I'm a bit confused by it all, actually. The new setup wasn't passed by a small number of votes - it was a freakin' landslide. Then ... nothing. Weird.

I mean, let's be honest here. I think this league and the way we have it set up is without doubt the best thing to happen to online dynasties since ... online dynasties. If guys aren't going to keep up here, then they're just not going to keep up. And given the fact that what I'm asking for is so simple to do, I just don't see the issue with doing it. All the diplomacy is becoming tiresome. I think it's time to be direct.

Concerning the above list: I think reagle is out of town, and I think Dat is going through a job change. The rest ... I simply don't know.

I haven't logged into the dynasty in days. I haven't had to. I look here, and since I see so much stuff still undone, I don't log into the dynasty. I'm not going to advance. I may not launch this thing at all. Not to be arrogant, but I'm kinda the goose who lays the golden egg around here. I could shut it down, wait a few months, and launch the best thing going in July or August, just like that. I've made a bit of a name for this thing. People see it as one of the better places to play. I could pluck the best from here, leave the rest, and save myself the trouble. But I like you guys, so I deal. I'm not a freaky committment nut, and I'm not some guy without a life who expects you not to have a life, either. I'm a realist. I know exactly what I have created, and I know what people will think of it when July comes. And I know for damn sure that anyone who gets booted will wish they didn't right around July 15th.

Is that direct enough?

AG

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

P.S. - I am only going to have this conversation once.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yeah, I figured Reagle was out of town, but it would be nice and its easy to just drop a line when this is going to happen. Dat has posted some stuff here (his recruiting, something about the ND signature), so it would be nice to just say "I am going to be busy for a while guys, I might not be as active" -- I personally don't even need a reason (if that's true about the job change Dat, good luck man!). Just a heads up would be nice so that we aren't all in the dark.

JBlitz hooked up his game summary thread so he is all set and ready to go. Thanks blitz!

So that leaves 3 remaining for their recruiting threads, and 4 for their game summary threads.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I've been pretty active except for the week I had inlaws in town for a funeral. I still missed out on Miami:rolleyes:. Whatever come Thursday night I will play my game and do my recruiting and proceed to wait another week to move on to week 2.

8. You know I am with Basis and AG too. I am clueless as to what is going on but I would like to suggest this. If we do continue to have issues, No need in punishing the majority when a few may be the issue. If this continues to be a problem maybe we could keep the West smaller and add guys down the line or merge East and West and then add West guys later. May not be the best idea but a lot of us here are ready to play and have our stuff posted. There has to be some sort of solution if this continues.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Amen brother!

Also if people get booted I would be more than happy to get away from the hippies in Berkley and move to another college campus in '10. Think of me as Bobby Petrino Saban Jr.

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Believe me, at this point, having twelve guys in each dynasty is not much of a priority. It will just save me a bit of future drama.

Look, I hate this kind of thing. But when the requirements are so simple, and they are laid out in such detail, including a "personal invitation" (which I felt a bit insulted having to write) in the form of a PM, then it's hard not to get the impression that guys just think I'm bluffing or something. I may not want to cut guys, but that doesn't mean I'm afraid of it. I made the requirements minimal so I could expect them to get done without being labeled "guild leader" of some freaky football cult. Since they are so simple, I can expect them to get done, and there are really no good excuses for why they are not.

At this point, I'm more worried about Basis's artwork going out to guys who will soon be asked not to display it.

AG

11. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I like that Basis is keeping on us. Thanks.

For me, I just started week 2 of the new job. Transition is done, still pretty busy, but should be better soon. If I'm being completely honest though, my participation will pick up but maybe not to the point it was a month or two ago. I'll do the weekly summaries, etc to make sure I keep my spot but in a way I see myself just "going through the motions." Who knows, maybe I'll get into it (and I'm hoping I will), but as I've said I'm not terribly excited about starting over.

That said, I love this league, I think the recruiting restrictions are going to be great, and I want ND when 2010 drops so this will be the last of my whining on this topic. I'll get my shit done.

By the way, I'm heading to Vegas Thursday night and will be back Sunday afternoon. Shouldn't hold anything up since I should be able to get my game in Sunday evening.

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

My bad, i put my recruiting and game summary in the same thread when i posted it a few days ago, ill go ahead and make a separate one. When are games starting? Im itchin for it.

13. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Sorry guys, I guess I misunderstood. I did my recruiting early on, I just thought the game summary would come after I actually played a game...I thought the rest of you were just anxious...my bad...consider it done...

Basis, please don't send Vinny or Guido to my house, I'll pay, I'll pay!!!

14. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Ya know, I would be more motivated to do some stuff in this league if I could actually get a sig that says I belong...it's not like I just joined yesterday ya know...lol...

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Did you just quote yourself?

16. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Yeah, I'm looking for the "extra" emphasis...lol...It's supposed to show frustration...lol

17. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Juggernautblitz likes a guy that quotes himself.

18. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

JCspartan likes a guy that speaks about himself in the third person...haha

19. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

You beat me to it....lol....

20. ReagleBeagle

ReagleBeagle Guest

Basis,

Yes, I have been away on business since Sunday and sent AG a message to that effect last week but will look at tonight and try to complete the tasks. I am busy with my work but want to be in this league.

21. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I mentioned you were away earlier in this thread. Just thought I'd mention that so you didn't feel targeted.

22. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Man, I have been freakin' itching to go for a week.:)

But this is from the guy who doesn't have his game summary up in the coaching dynasty because his wife has been complaining about my video game time.:)

23. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hope you didn't feel singled out man -- I went after everyone that missed a part. I have no bad feelings towards anyone, it was just another kick in the pants to get your stuff done, hopefully everyone read it like that -- I can't really tell you what to interpret though either.

24. ReagleBeagle

ReagleBeagle Guest

No worries Basis and I agree with Amp that you are doing a good job of keeping things on schedule. Like you said, I had been active on boards before I left town and apparently misunderstood or overlooked the task requirements needed before we advanced the league.

In any event, I don't want to hold the league up, will do what I can to stay on schedule, and will give fair warning when I am away and need to be simmed.

Thanks,
    Reagle

25. So what/who are we waiting on? I can send Basis after them. ;)