Comment on the simmed games

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by smace767, Dec 28, 2009.

1. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Comment on the simmed games

Its not a good thing to blow a team out you did not blow out prior to the sim. Especially another user. This game has a few categories of wins and losses that affect recruiting and polls and such.

over 20 is a blowout, over thirty is a big blowout and these can boost the winning team in recruiting and polls. It can hurt the loser bad and change the balance of the dynasty by boosting polls votes and changing who gets a recruit.

Of course its not my call and the things i see dont affect me directly as i only have two recruiting battles going on right now. But i think its unfair to the one's it does affect. I almost think letting the user that lost play his game with his second string. We did that in a madden franchise. Losers of games that had to be replayed had to use back up qb, hb and LB and CBs. but they still played the game.

Some think this might be small shit but if Michigan were to get blown out in a game, they would lose #3 qb Maxwell. Hood will tell you Maxwell is his future QB and means having title hopes, or playing with a below championship level qb. Hood actually played in the BCS game last year due to his schedule, let him get three straight big blowouts while ND lost its only game and had a bye week in two of those three weeks. Michigan's boost from big wins was enough in the polls to jump ahead of ND, add a big win vs Ohio ST and Notre Dame is out of the title game. Notre Dame, as coincidence would have it, was the only team to beat Michigan.

The team that got blown out could lose some recruits this week and the team that won big might snatch up some recruits he was 2nd or 3rd on the list and fighting for.

again my point is if u won by single digits or blowout in the real game. Win the super sim by within 1 score of the margin of victory. This is for user vs user games im talking about.

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I agree that it sucks what happens with the sim games and the negative effects it has on the OD. Sure we can all sim and get the same outcome, but the means don't justify the ends. Smace has very valid points, in college football style points are a big deal, and drastic differences in SIM scores can mess with the BCS standings. Other negatives about having to sim these games is the injury difference. Tate Forcier was pretty much lost for the season but now that we have to re-sim, he is healthy, and that is bull shit even if he is my star QB.

Only 1 of these things is under our control. I think we should all monitor the sim scores closely while it is being simmed, and if it is starting to become a blowout or a much bigger victory than you originally had, then stop simming and put in the subs.

3. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

I agree that the scores should be kept close to the original, although one point will be tough to do. But regardless I will do my best to keep the game close outta respect for tuco and the fantastic game he played.

4. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

What about the fact that commits change? I already had a 3 star FB commit to ND after the original week 6 game (meaning it happened when the dynasty was still correct and it wasn't made incorrect until moving to week 8). This time he didn't commit, and LSU still has a legitimate shot at him. Am I just SoL then?

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Nothing we can do about that. Dont worry, you will get him...your Notre Dame. :)

6. Dean

Dean Walk On

are you referring to my game?

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I had a 4 or 5 star recruit commit after week 3 and the week screwed up later and ended up not signing him yet, but I think 2 other users have legit shot at him now as well. It's life. Not worth getting upset over.

8. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

lets comment on simming to week 8 already!

9. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Yes unfortunately you are S.O.L. There's nothing that can be done, but G-Unit had a great point...you're Coach Noknee...Coach Noknee will get him in the end lol

10. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Yes we are. There was no rule in place at the time so you didn't do anything wrong...we have learned from the situation. It's all good now.

11. Dean

Dean Walk On

I supersimed the entire 2nd half. I wasn't trying to run up the score

12. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

No biggie Dean. You knocked it out real quick like we asked. Thanks

13. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

For future reference you should sim it all, only intervene if the outcome is incorrect or if the score doesn't resemble what it originally was