Comments on Sim Stats/Plays

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 11, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

a few needed thoughts and maintenance on a specific aspect of play (and no this is not addressing anyone individually AT ALL!):

slot receivers/tight ends, especially post/go routes: everyone goes to these guys. in no way shape or form should you stop going to these guys and i personally believe they are much more stoppable this year. so use your D and stop em. if you expect people to stop going to these guys (in videos, user games, etc), get over it. in real life, you play matchups.

****BUT!!!!!!!!!.... if your slot receiver and/or TE has more catches than your top 1/2 WRs, you are playing with fire... period. in 1 game? sure. in 4 games? absolutely lame? for the season? you are unsim and will be warned.

if you are playing a user? darn right i don't give a dang if your slot or even slot and TE have a TD catch. but if you play a user game and your slot has more catches than anyone else, you are a douchebag... plain and simple.

but another reality: most of us that cry foul on using slots just run our WR1 or WR2 over the middle or on motion post-routes and call this ok...hipocrisy.

my point: just play freakin sim football. if its 3rd and long, hell yes someone is going over the middle. man up and stop it. now if you do the same damn play and every 3rd and long goes to your slot receiver... you are a douche.

but legalistic bullshit is just stupid. the reality? we are winning way too much. play sim football. and yes, for the sake of sim football and the league, this means throwing to out-routes, curls, and go routes to our outside WRS... and I barely EVER see this.

but if you are playing a user, you know damn well he is going over the middle in some form or fashion on 3rd and long... he prob might even go to a TE or slot guy. so a) offensive guy - dont be a douchebag and challenge yourself, trying new things and b) defensive guy - stop him! if you don't... move on. cuz you need to be better on D.

summary: over-the-middle, post routes, crossing routes, slot guys, TEs... great. all acceptable and if you get beat by this... stop crying and get over it. but at the same time, if you are a douche and only utilize these plays, im watching. trust me... im watching.

P.S. this is not up for debate. this is a video game. we can not achieve perfect sim football results. just dont be a douchebag, use some self-control and accountability, enjoy the game (even the losses cuz you are probably winning more than you should anyways), and move the hell on.

2. vatechhokie01

and lord help me if i see someone has formation-subbed their WR1 or WR2 into the slot... you are gone. period.

and yes, long week and i get a lot more txts, messages, and have to watch/account for everyone more than you guys know about. any help with just enjoying each other would be amazing.

P.S. Tanner, thanks for the apology. Classy. And I promise, this was NOT about you. Just some maintenance over a few factors. You're the man and glad to have you.

P.P.S. It also needs to be noted that guys that like to pass the ball get the raw in of the deal. a) running the ball is safer and easier. b) passing has always been a more critiqued and hard to sim portion of the game. if you play safe, run the ball (most of us, myself included), and have a lot of success... geez... cut the passers some freakin slack! easy to critique the passers. but what are we supposed to do? require everyone to play safe running games? no way.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Listen here you son of a bitches....I have had it up to here with you bastards. I hate every single one of your ugly mugs and I swear to all that is holy that if I ever see any of this crap I will drive to your house and top shelf every toliet in your house.

In all seriousness, Senor Douchebag ( I am mad at heath right now and refuse to call him anything else, so from now on, If you see Senor Douchbag, think Heath) has a great point, police yourself, we will all eventually get to the promised land....well most of you will. I can't seem to figure out Idaho.

Now lets get back to the amazing amount of posts and great momentum we had pre-week 15 debacle. I loved you the first time I saw you!

4. vatechhokie01

lol... i had always heard "upper decker"... top shelf is new for me. doesnt feel as "right"

5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

yeah well call it whatever you want...your first

• Like Like x 1
  6. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

One of the few if only benefit of being inept at this game, is that these rants by the Commish have no bearing on my peformance! Must lay at night thinking of these sermons! LOL!....love you bushy eyebrow guy...trim those bad boys

• Like Like x 1
  7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

hahahahha

8. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

phew glad i am a ground and pounder as well...ah who am i kidding i love me some slots!

9. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Throw it on 1st down, throw it on 2nd down, throw it on 3rd down....and sometimes throw it on 4th down!

Get Your Guns Up!

091230_Leach1.jpg