Commish meeting at 8 cent, any questions?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jun 14, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Commish meeting at 8 cent, any questions?

Anything you guys would like me to ask about for 2011?

Right now, I have to ask about possible no huddle restrictions and recruiting restrictions.

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Couldn't agree more about the no-huddle thing, was wondering about this when I was playing the demo. That was my big thing.

And from what I've seen, the option late pitch rule has to stay in (which is a big "no shit" lol), pulled a couple legendary face-first pitches in the demo.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Gotcha on the late pitch..

anything else?

4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Might be a little late for you to be checking this, but might want to solidify the premier status thing...

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It has been..

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Here's what I took from everything..

- Wordpress is going to play a bigger role for us. If you don't know what that is, it is basically a way to post game summaries and such with pictures/videos to the main website for everyone to see in a quick and neat fashion.

- There will be a chatroom next season built into the forums. This is not to take place of the forums, and I assume its gonna be used more for ladder games and that sort of thing, if we need to have a meeting like last year, etc

- Ranking System: You are strongly encouraged to enter your user game results into that, let's make it a habit. It shouldn't take too much time.

All I have to say is get ready for 2011! Once we've got the game in hand we'll have a better feel for what all we can do and how we want to do things.

I'm going to need some help from everybody with content, I'd like for everyone to put in the time when it comes to your summaries and other things. We don't need to go overboard here though.

I was thinking we could have a weekly article or something of that nature. It would just tell people outside the OD what is going on and we'll publish it to wordpress every Sunday or something like that.

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Are we staying number 4? I feel like sonce were prem status shouldnt we be higher?

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Serious question? :D

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Too busy playing the demo to get on here and ask a ?
    1. Shouldn't we ban all Dbags from OOOOOOKlahoma.
    2. What is the pecking order as far as premier spots go? who gets added to the core that we already have?
    3. Are WE going to be added on the front page?
    4. I like the idea of writing up a summary of the week, but this was just hard when we didn't have set advance times we fell behind very quickly I think this year we could ask everyone to write up a quick press clipping of the upcoming game (kind of like a home town newspaper) and we could PM it to the designated person of the week and he could just copy and paste it to a example WEEK 1 topic. I would also like to add a recruiting board ala Rivals. I would be down with taking this duty up weekly.

10. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I agree completely on the Oklahoma thing....and I'm one of the biggest OU guys here.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

By week I meant real life week, so we'd have plenty of time to write say a two paragraph thing.

12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I think that's cool if it's something like a recap of big games that happened and such. I liked the pace we used for NCAA 10. It was fun to be able to play a game almost every day or every other day that meant something. I wouldn't be interested in adding that if it's going to hold everything else up, though.

13. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Im only going to be in 2 TF ODs when 11 drops, so I should have time to do the write-ups and add all kinds of content haha.

14. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Im gonna be in 1 TF OD...This one, and most likely 1 other OD from another website.

15. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Gonna be in 2 TF dynasties this one and joining fellow member OCIU in his OD