Common Rules Video

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

G-Unit put together the following video that helps illustrate a number of the general do's and don'ts for NCAA.

Now that this is out there, I have to completely change my late-pitch, QB sprint-pass offense and my defensive strategy of calling 4-3 and pulling all 4 lineman off the ball.....damn G-Unit.

2. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

That all makes sense. I don't agree with the option pitches though. I understand the goal but the qb's job is to suck a player into him and take the hit while delivering the ball to the back. On top of this, the game did not previously, properly account for contact due to the suction on a pitch like that. That being said, with suction gone hopefully completely, I know there are late pitches on the game that should truly be late now, I just don't think those that we saw would warrant being called late just because contact happened. Those were "On Time" pitches. The "good" pitch that was shown was a "Perfect early" pitch. Again, I understand the goal and there are late pitches, I just think contact and then the pitch is late, not contact during.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

It's an easy rule of thumb on pitches

The ball needs to be out prior to contact with the defender

4. Dru50

The problem with option pitches is that the accuracy of the pitch in prior game isn't impacted as much as it should be by contact. For example, in 2010 and 2011, you would see QBs pitching the ball to a back 5 yards away on the money even when the QB was horizontal and being wrapped up. This is a case where the limitations of the game are the issue, and David (formerly G Unit) is correct that in most leagues the rule of thumb has been to try and pitch the ball prior to contact.

Now, that being said, if you have the occasional 'late pitch' I'd recommend resolving it with your opponent via chat during the game. Most leagues went with the approach that if you had a late pitch you run the ball out of bounds right away to avoid taking advantage of your opponent.

5. Dru50

'David'?

When the heck did this happen?

6. Iron Mickey

lmao...just within the past 30 min

7. Dru50

Good for you bud, all the cool kids use their real name for their TSO handle.;)

8. Iron Mickey

That's why I changed....lmao

9. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I get it, I just don't totally agree. It's no big deal, I don't run a whole lot of option anyways.