Rules Communication and Advances - NCAA 13

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, May 29, 2012.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Feb 10, 2009
    This guide applies to everybody in The Tradition for the NCAA 13 Release.

I am really excited about the people we have in the league this year. I don't think it's official yet, so I am not releasing names until I hear I can. Ask me in private and I'll tell ya... Not only have we added more players that really love the game, we've added people who play their games fast. More than ever, it will be important for everybody to be on the same page about our advance schedule as well as communication practices when contacting another player for to schedule a game.

Communication is so key to a great league. It is why this league has at times not been great. We need to continue to work to communicate with each other and with me as cohesively as possible.

We generally advance as fast as we can. We want to keep moving, keep recruiting, etc. I'm not here to try and dictate how people do things but as a general guide, getting on and playing 3 hours of another game and not getting in a cpu game that day is not cool. Our hard, final advance schedule is 72 hours. That should only happen a few times a season. CPU games should generally be played within 24 hours. User/User games should be scheduled within the first 24 hours if at all possible, but a 48-hour window is perfectly acceptable if that doesn't work for either party. The decision to go the third day or not will be up to the commissioner. I will typically favor those people who have something at stake. If a team is unbeaten and they rarely need extra time I will almost always wait. If it's somebody who is usually last to play and has loss or two already, I will usually not wait.

Scheduling games will still be done in the scheduling forum. As soon as we advance, a thread needs to be created to schedule the game. It is important that when this thread is created, you suggest a time and list other available times in the first post. We have had a lot of issues in the past where a thread is posted like "can you play tonight" followed by "yeah" and then nothing is ever scheduled. The second post in the thread (response from the other party) should effectively cement the time in most cases. The person will either accept the suggested time or select from the other times the person is available.

My expectation is that everybody has a good idea of their schedule and doesn't need to constantly reschedule. This happens to everybody at some point but I really want to limit flakiness and rescheduling as much as possible.

Once a thread has been created (mandatory) it is also acceptable to text message the other player to further aid the process. The result of any text message conversation should then be posted in the thread. ("we agreed via text to schedule this for such and such a time).

Won't happen. O.k., so occasionally it will. If somebody needs to reschedule we want to do that if at all possible. People going on autopilot and giving away freebies isn't good. However, if the same person is a culprit a few too many times, or if the other party cannot reschedule, the person will go on auto.

It is important that if the need arises to reschedule, you tell the person as soon as possible. If you want up until the last minute it will be more likely I will side with the other person and just keep us moving.

I will keep a list of everyone's cell phone numbers and I will post the list as a private message to everybody in the league. If you could print or save a version of it that would be great. If somebody loses it and needs a number, I won't be the only contact that can help.

I will happily take all scheduling requests and do as well as I can with them. If you're busy, ask me to not schedule back to back user games. If you're on vacation at the beginning of the year I can try and backload. I will do what I can, but I have to know about it. Communication is key.

Related to the above... This is a hobby and it's for fun, but it's something we spend a lot of time on. All I ask is that you make your best effort to be available and responsive. A couple of times during the NCAA 12 release, we tried to do the offseason one advance at a time, and it was amazing how disconnected and half-assed our effort was. We also have had people that occasionally just disappear. Hey this happens, but for a few hours, not a day or a couple days. For the NCAA 13 release, if I don't hear ANYTHING in response for say 8 hours to a day... I'm just going to keep moving. I'm making an effort to keep people in the loop, coordinate, etc. and that effort must be returned or I simply won't continue to try.

I will add to this as necessary. Please read and confirm.
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Feb 17, 2009
    Read and understood
  3. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Jun 22, 2011
  4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Yes sir
  5. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Jul 21, 2010
  6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Jul 13, 2009
    Read this awhile back but was waiting till my official induction (y)
  7. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Oct 26, 2009