Comp Pick (Nippon to MLB signings) and other question

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by kdpnutter, Jun 29, 2013.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I know when we started we didn't have a way to make this work now that were getting to the offseason I figured I would see if we could figure a way to do something for Nippon players going to MLB as even putting the comp pick on them we know we aren't going to get a draft pick from an MLB team.

There are a few Nippon players out there that will probably wind up going to MLB just based on the sheer salary they want. I know I have one in Shozo Saikawa who wants 13+ million a year (hey I talked him down from 21 a year to 13) and he is currently listed as a Comp pick but obviously we can't get a pick from MLB. Is there a way we can figure to somehow compensate the Nippon team that is losing him so we don't see us losing all the top players for free? Has anything been figured out with this Jesse?

Also, unlike all other OOTP games I've played in Nippon we are getting 0 cash to start the season. I just made my owner 53 million in profit and he took it all and shrunk my budget, now how you can explain that to me is beyond my compregension, How is it that we are getting 0 cash to use in transactions and FA when we are generating big revenue for the owners? I can take a screen shot of my finance page if necessary but something doesn't seem to be right about it that we are getting 0 cash and owner is taking 53 million and shrinking our budget especially since he is ecstatic mood wise and we just won a championship. Do we know what is causing this?

PAgamer07

• Like Like x 1
  2. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Same issue for me when it comes to money. My owner pocketed $30 mil and my budget went up about $400,000. I'm not expecting him to give me a $20 mil bonus at all, but at least let me spend $12-15 mil total salary instead of the $9 mil total I had last year.

Maybe Japanese owners are just cheap bastards and want all the money for themselves.

3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Least he gave you more, my owner shrunk my budget by over 2 million down to 11 mill after winning a championship for crying out loud.

4. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:

Yeah, that's ridiculous. Something is wrong there.

Actually, I'm not sure if I got more money. My budget is still 13th in the league. Might not have gotten more and just thought I did because my player salary is up from 13th to 11th as of now.

5. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

My owner took all my cash as well, and he's generous. Made him 38 million and far exceeded expectations.

6. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Got like a 4 million dollar bump in my budget.

7. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

I would not sweat it much honestly. With all the owners in the red this year it wont be long before you guys will be in the bigs. Think we have 8 mlb teams in the negative this year pretty crazy.

8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Very good questions KDP. Compensation picks are enabled within your own league. If someone signs a comp elligible player in the NBL, you get the corresponding pick. However, there is no way to enforce and it really makes no sense to give you a pick if one of your players leaves for the MLB via free agency. Unfortunately they are completely different in the game itself, but this is completely unrealistic. So you have to hope another NBL team signs your guy.

As for the cash... that is completely my fault. When I setup the league, I forgot to adjust your cash maximum. When I do the next sim, I will change this to $5 million. It is currently at zero.

9. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    It's not a Nippon league only issue. My owner has never given me cash despite making a profit every year and the least amount was probably $20 mil. I've never been even able to offer the $50k it takes to get a rule 5 draft player. I couldn't even offer an international FA 1 measley dollar this year.

10. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

That's just because your owner is an asshole. Eventually he'll die and you can make it rain.

• Like Like x 1
  11. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

12. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

My owner is the same way but I'm still over $10mil in cash in the red so I'm guessing the previous manager did that? Each year I have been able to knock some off but it will be awhile before I can sign a draft 5/international player. I'm hoping for my owner to eat a fat juicy steak and die from a heart attack. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  13. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Maybe you should read my post :) There is nothing wrong with MLB. It's an owner issue. Plenty of teams get to keep their cash.

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Mine just died and his son is the same way apparently so kinda sucks, but yeah I couldnt sign a single international FA even tho I made 53 million this year, it says my owner doesn't okay the signing when the dude merely wanted a 10k bonus and the money I had for FA was close to 300K so I dunno what the heck.

15. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, I was mobile and hadn't gotten to your post yet when I responded. All I knew was that they were describing my exact scenario. :(

• Like Like x 1