Complaint about me

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Sep 5, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Complaint about me

I played CA last night and I figured i'd tell you guys what he said. He told me I throw to my fast guys too much. Drew was 10/14 with 5 to henderson (starter), 2 to meach (starter) and 3 to my TE (starter). WE talked today and he apologized but I still dont see what I done wrong. If my game play needs to be adjusted I will.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, if you do have a problem with throwing to your speed guys, Nate (not saying you do), then we have to talk to half the league probably. Including me. I throw to my fastest guys on the squad whenever I see them open and try to key on them more than most.

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Thats crazy talk...sorry but this is a total waste of time.

You throw to who is open, if he is fast so be it....

Freakin idiotic...sorry.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Basically what I said. LOL

5. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I agree Bruce this is stupid. We can't nitpick every little stupid thing or else the game insn't fun anymore.

6. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

That's stupid. If he catches 12 balls, so be it. Then he would know who to cover and make an interception.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

His argument wasn't that he was throwing only to speed guys, but rather only throwing quick slants and crosses..........they just happened to be speed guys as well. Considering how well they work in this year's release, CA believed Nate wasn't giving him the courtesy to mix up his route. I explained to CA that with so many issues in the game, it doesn't make any games feel realistic or sim. He also agrees.

This discussion isn't "stupid" its a valid argument. With so many issues in this years release, if we want realistic results then we should resist the temptation to throw a cross or slant on every third down despite knowing that it will work 9 out of 10 times.

8. natedawg212000

Now thats NOT what he told me and that is not correct either. I ran 0 slants. None. I don't trust them in this game because it reacts different. I ran post, crosses, come back (not many of those), and drag routes.

9. natedawg212000

I'll also say you have to call what the defense gives you. I agree in mixing it up (and I feel I did and will do better in my next game), but if a guy is blitzing me all game long, I dont have time to set up for a long post route or a long fly route. I refuse to run out routes, the dont work and havent worked in a few years. Its almost a pick 6 every time.

10. Emmdotfrisk

Sounds like I am hearing two different things from both you guys. You guys better talk this out and clear the air.

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I agree with Nate more here then CA Frisker.

It almost sounds to me like CA expected Nate to run routes that his D could stop..

I wont name names here, but I played a game where the guy ran zone blitz or deep coverage zones like cover 4 almost all game long wanting me to throw deeper routes where he was waiting.

I took a ton of underneath stuff (drags,slants,TE cross and quick hitters over the middle to try and make him mix up his D calling as well.

This is a two way street, if what your calling on D isnt working then call something new and outside of your box. Just my opinion.

Slants arent always money either imo, you can only throw so many routes this year, it seems like anything outside is very tough like outs and come backs.

Just like our game Frisk we couldnt stop each other for anything no matter what we called and you mixed up your D and O plays and routes well. We both tried everything.

I went back to the drawing board after that and came up with a new gameplan and held the Raiders to 3 points.

To me its a matter of what you call against what the other team calls. Before calling out an O for running routes that work look in the mirror and see if your calling a good defensive game.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I can't argue with this point at all. In fact it's well crafted.

If all you call is cover 2 zone all game long, you can't cry and whine when the middle is open and the post corner routes are killing you all game long.

By that same token, if I call man coverage all game long and I have 80 speed corners, I can't cry if a 90 speed WR is constantly beating my corners.

If what you call doesn't work, try something different. I mean, in my game versus the Colts, I called a lot of man coverage trying to get pressure on Manning. He constantly abused me over the middle (where I had no zone coverage) with his TE. I knew that, I expected that, and I let him have that for a bit.

Then I locked his TE down with doubling up coverage on his TE. He then adjusted by looking more to his slot receivers, who I was covering with nickel corners.

Point is simple: call what you know will work for your style of play, but be prepared to change it up when it doesn't. I know what I call on defense, and what I'm comfortable with. I call that. It usually works. When it doesn't, I have a backup plan of plays I call just to throw a curveball in there. If you beat my backup plan and my regular plan, you deserve to win.

13. natedawg212000

Well imo there is no 'air' to clear. I passed the ball 14 times, not 30, not 40, 14. I didn't really have the 'option' to really run every pass play I had. I did run a lot of drag routes, I always do with my tes, with my wide outs, with all my players. NOT the same play with the same player every play. Most of this board has played me and even CA himself apologized after our game for saying what he said. I told him i'd stop throwing to my fast wideouts when he stops running with Turner. I am kinda going with Bruce here. I know that FRISK totally disagrees but I am sorry, but guys can't cry foul when we don't run a play that they can stop. I feel like we have become so hyper sensitive to 'cheese' and 'sim like play' that we have gotten to the other extreme of cheese, where EVERYTHING is unsim. I'll mix it up even more, but I don't feel what I done was cheese. I've played 12 years of online gaming and have been called a cheeser by 3 people, maybe. I am not a cheeser, I mix my plays up. I am sorry if I ran too many drag routes which were open. I feel that I hit 3 of those drags for big plays and because of that it was 'too many'. Lets put it in perspective, I threw the ball 14 times total. I hit ONLY starters (no 3rd wideout crap), and I ran the ball over 20 times.

14. Emmdotfrisk

I am going to stay out of this debate. I honestly feel Bruce represents this community the best as he plays in tons of leagues across many styles and platforms.