Complaint filed against Raiders/Joseph

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by weblink21, May 12, 2010.

1. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Complaint filed against Raiders/Joseph

I want to first say that I have nothing to do with this complaint. I know I have had trouble with the Raiders and Niners tag team in the past, but I just got this in my inbox this morning. I think that it may be best if I am not the one that talks to him about the complaint however so that it doesn’t seem I am on a head hunting mission against them. Here is the complaint from TRudethaDude, I have played him in the past and I watched him play Sam last year. He is a pretty SIM player and we should probably hold that into account. These are the guys I want in the league.

The Raiders guy to me was playing kinda cheesy. he did the same short crossing plays and hike and throw plays to the sidelines countless times. he only ran the ball like 8 times all game. 5 of those were toss plays. i won the game and i was actually ahead for most of it so i can understand passing a little bit more, but he was passing nonstop from the beginning of the game and finished with like 48 passes to 8 runs. these numbers might be slightly off, but to me very unrealistic. in the second half he paused the game at least 3-4 times. on the last pause he told me i cant run clock while i was up 2 scores and about 6 mins left. the funny thing is when he sent that i had passed the ball two times in a row at that point. the playclock never once ticked below 10 secs and his complaint to me was that i kept hiking it between 15-20 seconds left. here is my thing on that and then im done.... when i pick my play it takes ill say and avg. of 10 seconds so the playclock is about 34 secs. i dont push X and rush to the line because i always get false start when i do that. so to get to the line takes about another 10-11 seconds. we are already down to 23-24 seconds and then i make my read and press hike. i dont feel this is running the clock out and if he established a running game then he would have more t.o.p. but instead he threw the ball 50 times. OF COURSE IM GOING TO HAVE HIGHER T.O.P.!

i won the game so this definately isn't a case of a poor sport making a complaint. just wanted to point that out.

2. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Hey, if im up by two scores with 6 minutes left, Im milking the clock too....

If you dont want that to happen, dont be down two scores with 6 minutes left.

That IS realistic!!!!! Pros do the same, Try to stop me from getting first downs, and get it back

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I know when I went up so big on you last night, I milked the clock. :p
    I ran that clock down as much as I could. I agree on the realism. I just didn't want to get into it with these 2 again, but without accelerated clock and 8 minute quarters alot can change fast.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Get dunlap on it and let's move on. Dunlap let me know if he needs a warning

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

OK Weblink, a couple things:

1) Our rule clearly states that you must be snapping the ball with over 20 seconds on the playclock on a regular basis (a couple times going under this is OK, but consistently is a big no no!). The only exception is under 3 minutes left in the halves. So to me, TRude is breaking a rule here. You need to let him know our rule on this to make sure he conforms in the future. No warning here since Joseph didn't file a complaint.

2) Our new rules state that it should be no more than 75% passing. He actually threw 48 passes vs. 9 runs.....84.2%. However, I look at his 9 rushes and see he was only averaging 2ypc with them. Obviously when you couple a bad run game in with the fact he is playing catch up Joseph needs to pass a lot. However that percentage is still unrealistic. Because this is a new rule I will give him a pass....but you need to verbally warn him and explain our rule.

3) Hot routing every play is STRICTLY not allowed. Sounds like Joseph was doing this, but we have no evidence. He needs a stern verbal warning that this won't be tolerated. No offical warning because no evidence.

There ya go...