Computer Fieldgoal Kicking

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by gowazzucougs, Oct 27, 2010.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Is it me, or do the computer teams have horrible kickers. In my first two games, the Army kicker missed an extra point, then in the game against UNLV, the kicker was way off on two makeable kicks, then the Clemson kicker missed a 20 yard field. The field goal was on the far left hash mark and in a real life this not an easy kick. Then the USC game, their kicker missed three extra points, and USC wouldn't even atempt a field goal within my 20-30 yardline. I didn't say anything after the first two games because Army and UNLV are two or one star teams, and my kicker is not very good. However, that doesn't explain why USC and Clemson have bad kickers, they are ranked in the top 15.

2. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

yeah.. apparently it's a by-product of lowering computer fg accuracy at all. Yet, raising it seems to make the CPU kickers robo-like.

I guess it's better that they at least hit 99% of their extra points, though, instead of missing about one a game, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to raise the CPU FG accuracy a tad.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

There are so few decent kickers in the recruiting classes, which is really the issue. I think by year 4-5 most CPU teams won't have a reliable kicker from beyond 35 yards.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Dru hit it on the nail. The highest kicker recruit is usually only :3stars: and they usually get snatched up by the bigger programs, so the smaller schools are left with 1-2 star kicker recruits or walkons.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I will look at the sliders but this is more of a recruiting/talent issue than slider issue. I am a bit surprised by Clemson and USC since they were user controlled but I will evaluate when I get home from work. Dru and I have talked about changing around sliders completely but I'm looking for a little more data before making wholesale slider updates.

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I am not doubting it is a talent issue. Whenever I have tried to recruit a kicker it seems they start off at three stars and get worse from there, I have not seen any four or five star kickers. I understand why my kicker sucks, I don't think he has the leg to kick a 35 yarder, but I just don't understand how USC was unable to get a good kicker, three extra points is unreal, and twice SC went for it on fourth down in territority where if the opponent was a user he would had to kick a field goal, or there would have been explaining. Addiitonally if the SC had kicked the field goals I really believe I would have won the game.

Also, I am starting to see kicking issues in other leagues. In my LOC game last night, I played Arizona State, and ASU went for it several times when you would expect them to kick a field goal, and then when they did attempt a field goal the kicker missed it horribly. Maybe EA forgot to put in quality kickers, I will take this to the locker room, and see what other people are observing.

As for the sliders, I don't know what type of record you guys were expecting from my team this season. I am somewhat surprised by my start, Brave you gave me two freebies with Navy and UNLV, but I necessarily don't think I should have beaten Clemson. Clemson definetely has more talent than WSU, but I was able to get touchdowns and not settle for field goals, and not turn the ball over. As for the USC game, the talent level was not that disproportionate, but I just turned the ball over way too many times, and I couldn't stop their back

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Not really looking to make it harder, just a bit concerned with some of the passing totals that people have been putting up (myself included). The CPU passing game also seems to be a bit ridiculous. I know my secondary isn't great (Slick can attest) but I shouldn't be giving up 500+ yards passing to a mediocre Oregon State squad. It may be a slider issue since the ones we were using were made before the patch. Need more data before I make a decision.