Conditional Picks?

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by klaximilian, Nov 1, 2012.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

What is the thought process on conditional trades? It seems that with the simming of every other season, we may potentially run into a trade that could backfire if the player traded retires after the simmed season, resulting in a trade of a player that you were not able to use.

Is there is a possibility of trading players under terms that the trade will hold up if the player does not retire before the next played year?

For example:

Just something I thought about, not that anyone wants to take Manning since he’s old as dirt. ;) But perhaps an insurance policy for the older players if we opt to trade them or trade for them. I know this may make things a little more difficult, but I wanted to at least throw it out there as something to consider, since we are new to this expanded, sim every other year format.

• Like Like x 1
  2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

3. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

Just my two cents on this. id love to see conditional trades. however im not sure everyone here would have the wherewithall to not trade the original conditional pick. if we are allowed to trade conditionally, i would say that any picks or anything else would become "frozen assets" untill conditions are finalized. that make sense? again just my two cents and im not a commish or leader. so ill leave it to them

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

As cool as it would be to have conditional trades, they would ultimately be convoluted and tedious to monitor. We're going to stick with the current system. Guys trading for older players know what the risks and rewards will be even with the sim seasons. Live by the sword and die by the sword.

• Like Like x 2