Conf. Champ Week, Season 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Jan 12, 2012.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

We Advanced to Conf. Champ Week

Two User games...

The ACC Championship: #1 Clemson vs #2 Miami
    The CUSA Championship: UNR SJSU vs UNR Memphis

Oddly enough, one of these feel more important than the other. Will go as soon as these can get in....

2. Goose

Goose Walk On

Good luck to all.

Clemson in a squeaker

Memphis in a squeaker.

3. bdub

bdub Walk On

Congrats Clemson

4. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Dude, it hasn't happend yet and i can win you know!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Goose

Goose Walk On

I just ran to the OD site to see if I didn't get the e-mail yet, but the game hasn't happened yet. lol. Good luck guys, hopefully it's close and you guys get a rematch like LSU Vs. Alabama.

6. bdub

bdub Walk On

Haha sorry goose said Clemson in a squeaker so thought it already happened.

7. Goose

Goose Walk On

I was just hoping to get everyone talking and give there predictions. 2 user conference championship games is huge!!

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

My predictions...

Clemson 27
    Miami 23

SJSU 30
    Memphis 7

• Like Like x 2
  9. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Clemson in a nice win 31 to 13.

Weaves offense has been unstoppable all year. It won't stop here.

Memphis in a close one 20 to 18. In looking at the tapes. The coach at Memphis sees a weak link in the special teams of SJSU. Fake punt maybe for the win???

• Like Like x 1
  10. Goose

Goose Walk On

If I was Memphis my gameplan would be 1st down: fake punt, 2nd down: fake punt, 3rd down: fake punt, 4th down fake punt. It's pretty much an unstoppable game plan. :trophy:

• Like Like x 1
  11. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Damnit Goose....shhhhhhhhh

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

Sorry I had a Musberger moment. I forgot stuff said during the week of practice is not allowed to make the air.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

mormon - what works for you. I have been freaking swamped (as shown by my board absence) with work and basketball. I have family coming in this weekend also.

Give me times that work and we will try to get it done. If not, I'll just go on auto pilot.

14. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

I can play late tonight or tomorrow morning at like 7:30 est. Does that work?

15. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

In what has become the norm for SJSU we are playing in a conf. championship game. I have no clue what to expect from Memphis and I'm going to go ahead and predict an SJSU upset win by the score of 20-14. I went to Vegas.com and found this so take your pick fellas!

O/U 42 1/2
    Memphis -6 1/2

I'm taking the under and SJSU with the points.

16. Goose

Goose Walk On

Under and SJSU with the points. Memphis wins a close one 17-14, but fails to cover.

17. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I actually have a play, its a fake punt of course...that it works for a touchdown...is really worth 6.5 points. So, I am going to take the 42.5, for even money

• Like Like x 1
  18. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

i could do either 745pm est tonight (but would have to start then) or 730 am est tomorrow

19. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Lets do 7:30 am est tomorrow. I will see you tomorrow morning. Should be a great game!

20. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

right on brother. see you then. remind me to break your te's kneecaps before the game.

21. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

lol, I have two good ones. They and my HB will be getting the ball thrown to them alot tomorrow! ;)

22. Pro

Pro Walk On

I am available to the highest bidder for "waste management"

23. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Tbone and I are playing tonight, so we will advance in the AM when the two ACC homos are done....

that being said, I would like to say, nice work fellas. I always thought the least important thing in a good league, is the actual gameplay. Way to be crazy and nuts...here is to years of train wreck free fake football

• Like Like x 2
  24. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Memphis 24
    SJSU 17

Very fun game that went down to the wire. Tbone starts the game off by winning the coin toss, and taking the ball...(cocky bastard :) ) He then proceeds to throw an int on the first play from scrimmage that is returned to the 2 yard line. Two plays later, Memphis is up 7-0 and feeling good. After an SJSU 3 and out, Memphis drives down the field only to be stopped on 3rd and goal and has to settle for 3, Memphis up 10-0. As time expires, Tbone put together a good drive and kicks a FG as time expires, to be down 10-3 as the teams head into the locker room. The third qtr would be pretty uneventful, until a SJSU punt is downed at the Memphis 5 yard line. Working with my ass in the end zone, I complete a pass to AA WR Keiwone Malone, who promptly gets stripped, giving SJSU the ball in the red zone. Tbone marches down the rest of the way, scores with 33 seconds left in the third to tie it up at 10. On the ensuing drive, starting Memphis QB J. Brissett is hurt on a 1 yard roll out and is out of the game. Lucky for Memphis, we have a 93 OVR qb on the bench. Reed throws for two scores, one to essentially put the game away. Tbone would score late, attempt an onside kick, which he would recover, problem was it went about three yards.

Memphis secures the first conf championship in school history, Coach Mullen was sent down to Beal Street to rock out with his....well, I am a gentleman.

Tbone's QB missed like 5 or 6 overthrows, My WR's had at least 3 hit off thier helmets or not even look up.

Interesting side note...SJSU has a white RB and a black punter....only in video game world?

Great game

• Like Like x 2
  25. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Clemson hangs on to win ACC title 14-9.

Wow. This game felt like both teams were gonna score a ton of points but we didn't. We both moved the football but couldn't finish drives. We each missed makeable field goals (my k apparently can't hit beyond 40). Mormon made a huge tackle at the half after my wideout got loose on a screen with a few ticks to go and push him out at the 2.

Mormon picked up an early safety after he launched a perfect punt that went out at the 1. I could have sworn it hit the pylon though. He then got the ball back and scored very easily. I ran 2 offensive plays for -1 yards in the first quarter.

I owned the second quarter by scoring a pair of TD's which capped off the scoring in the game.

Both teams moved the ball in between the 20's. I had a drive in the fourth to put the game away but Mormon stopped my 3rd and 7 draw play a few yards short. I then missed a 43 yarder even with full power. Mormon got the ball back and drove down the field. He had third and 5ish at my 11. My MLB Stephone Anthony broke through the line for the sack setting up 4th and 15 at the 20 with 30 seconds left. Mormon dropped back and shockingly found his TE. On the catch, it looked like he had enough room to fall for the first, but my safeties swarmed downing him at the 6. Two knees and a dive later, Clemson was ACC Champs.

Both of our QB's played great games. Our running games were neutralized by the defenses and our kickers blew. Good clean football, zero turnovers and we each used lots of players on offense.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 2