Conf Champ Week, Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Feb 11, 2012.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

We have advanced:

We move again in 48 hours, Monday night or sooner if we can get this shit done

Game of the week: Tenn vs LSU: My prediction LSU wins by 20

Kent State vs NIU

SJSU vs Wyo

Mia vs Fla State for the panhandle

THere is some good games...lets not take forever jackasses

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  2. Pro

Pro Walk On

KENT STATE WINS THE MAC CHAMPIONSHIP

The turn-a-round is complete, for this year at least. Head Coach Andrew Profio has taken the Golden Flashes from perennial MAC doormats, to a middle of the road team, and now to the MAC penthouse suite. His team, lead by a stout defense and a punishing running attack, beat the Huskies of Northern Illinois 31-24. This is the programs second ever MAC championship. "Words can not describe what I feel right now. We all fought like hell to get to this point. What did we win, 7 games in a row!? There was no way after fighting like that were we going to be denied." Profio said after the game.

Kent got on the board first when Grant Cooper booted a field goal in from 40 yards. NIU would answer back with the game's first touchdown when quarterback Trey Frederick found wideout Donny Cochran for the 9 yard touchdown. Kent would respond when backup quarterback Evan Shimensky, who was filling in for starter Jordan Tarver who suffered a concussion early in the 1st quarter, hit Justin Harrell for the 10 yard touchdown strike.

Neither team would score again until the 3rd quarter, but both offenses more than compensated for the lack of points in the first half. Wideout Dan Young took a Frederick pass and ran it in for the 41 yard touchdown. Kent would quickly respond with an Adam Justice rushing touchdown from 9 yards out. Huskies running back Michael Redd found the endzone from 19 yards away. NIU would take a 24-17 lead into the 4th quarter with a successful 37 yard field goal.

The 4th quarterback saw the Flashes make the big plays and steal the victory from the Huskies. Star running back Akise Teague tied the game up with his 67 yard touchdown run. After getting the ball with about 2 minutes left to go, Kent milked the clock down by keep the ball on the ground. They were already within field goal range. The plans changed however when Justice broke a run down to the 4 yard line which was followed up by 3rd string running back Wade Bennett powering the ball for the go ahead touchdown. Final Score: 31-24.

"This win is for every Kent State team who has been the butt of many jokes over the years. For players like Josh Cribbs, Julian Eldelman, James Harrison, and Jack Lambert. For coaches like Lou Holtz, Gary Pinkel, and Nick Saban. These people are the for-bearers of this program, and we just took it to the next level. We will properly celebrate this win and then it will come time to focus on the bowl game. I want to thank Kent President Lester Lefton, the city of Kent, the students, my family, and my friends for always believing in me and this program." Profio said after the game.

STATS

Evan Shimensky: 4/10, 72 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 interception

Jordan Tarver: 3/6, 23 yards, 1 interception

Akise Teague: 29 carries, 232 yards, 1 touchdown

Adam Justice: 6 carries, 37 yards, 1 touchdown

Wade Bennett: 1 carry, 3 yards, 1 touchdown

Justin Harrell: 3 catches, 30 yards, 1 touchdown

Matt Hawkins: 7 tackles, 3 for loss, 1.5 sacks

• Like Like x 2
  3. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I'll have my game done Monday Night for sure. Probably closer to 5pm pacific time.

4. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

how about "I will have my game in Sunday night"

• Like Like x 3
  5. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

HAHAHAH! I totally did that on purpose! SJSU 17 Wyoming 7 late 3rd quarter.

6. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

With a lot of uncertainty surrounding SJSU's conference location going into next year the Spartan's were determined to leave their mark in Conf. USA. They came out against an old rival in Wyoming and played a tight 17-10 contest that saw a battle of defenses. Kevin Butler finally got the monkey off his back capturing the Conference title for the first time. Butler, the greatest QB to ever play in San Jose has now gotten the Spartans program to the point where they expect to win and has them positioned for plenty of success in the future.

As far as the game goes, it was really a 2 quarter game. In the first quarter SJSU scored first on a Kevin Clark 8 yard TD run. Wyoming scored on a 48 yard pass about 1 minute later. As time expired in the 1st quarter SJSU hit a 34 yard FG to go up 10-7.

The second quarter went scoreless and brought us to the 3rd quarter. SJSU scored on a Jeff Turner 16 yard reception from Kevin Butler and the Spartans led the game 17-7. On the next drive Wyoming drove down the field and put up a FG to bring it to 17-10. The rest of the game was defense on both sides of the ball as neither team would score again and SJSU as stated earlier capped off the season with it's first Conf. USA championship!

• Like Like x 2
  7. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

congrats...We have a MAC, SEC, CUSA and probable ACC champ in the league.