Conf Races Heating Up

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Oct 4, 2010.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Conf Races Heating Up

BIG 10

[​IMG]

Wisconsin is in the driver's seat right now with wins over Iowa, Michigan and Minnesota. 1 loss, as long as its not PSU, still gets the Badgers to Pasadena. A loss to PSU, however, puts Wisc, Iowa and PSU in a 3-way tie with the higher ranked team getting the bid.

Ohio St needs a Wisc and PSU loss to have a shot. Minn, Mich, Northwestern and Purdue all have 1 loss. NW and Purdue both have games remaining vs Wisc.

Indiana, Illinois and Mich St all have multiple losses and would need alot of help. Mich St needs win out (vs Mich, Minn, Illini, Ind, Wisc, Pur) and have Ohio State lose 2 more games as well as Wisc lose another.

PAC 10

[​IMG]

Cal and Oregon State are both undefeated but Cal still has a brutal sched. They have not played USC, OSU or Stanford so dont look for them to be contenders at the end. OSU, however, already has a win vs USC but has Stan, Wash and the Civil War remaining.

Big Showdown this weekend with OSU and Stanford. A Stanford win would cause a 3-way tie between USC, OSU and Stan. An OSU win would really put the Beavers in good position for the Rose Bowl.

Despite USC's 2-3 record, the Trojan's still have a good shot at a title. Owning a win over Stanford already, they need OSU to lose 2 games and to win its own remaining games.

Oregon and its 2-2 conf record are probably eliminated, but an undefeated run from here could possibly get them to Pasedena. There is too much football to be played.

Mountain West

[​IMG]

WOW!!! This is the one to watch. It may not have the national implications of the Big 10 or PAC 10, but it's definately got some intrigue with all 4 users battling for the crown.

BYU sits atop the heap at 4-0 with wins over Boise St and TCU. Utah still remains down the road as a final hurdle. Boise already has a victory over Utah with TCU remaining.

If Utah gets a W against BYU, there will be chaos:
    - If Boise beats TCU, we have a 3-way tie between BYU, Utah and Boise.
    - If TCU beats Boise and loses to Utah, Utah jumps to the lead.
    - If TCU beats Boise and Utah, BYU gets in with the tie-breaker over TCU.

TCU, unfortunatley, needs BYU to lose 2 MWC games and to win out to win the MWC.​

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Oregon giving up 195 points already...how do you like the matador defense? haha(y)

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Don't be too confident that you'll be scoring a lot of points come Civil War time...

4. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Wasn't really boasting about my offense, but rather trash about my defense giving up 195 points lol(y)

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Not saying you were boasting...just informing you to not depend on your offense to win you the football game... cheers

6. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

So you are saying I have a chance?

Mike

7. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

You are such an ass, leave the new guy alone. He needs to learn the hard way, just like I did. :D

Mike

Christian Ballard?

8. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Oregon vs Oregon State is always a heated battle, I wouldn't expect anything less. Should be a great game...if you're a Ducks fan(y)

Prepare to see this guy in the endzone often...

[​IMG]

Bring it Cimmy:HoosierHoo:

9. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Come on Frisk *rolls dice* ..I need you to lay a whoopin on Jam

10. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

The only certainty is that TCU has no chance

11. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Don't bet on it :)

12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

just getting to this been busy, great work

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

Damn! Just got back from Vaca and saw I lost a simmed game to Northwestern!!!! Yikes.

Time to build to the future. . .this year is toast.

14. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I saw that. I was wondering if it was a sim or if you just had a terrible game. That's bad news for Iowa as now a Penn State win over Wisconsin still leaves the Badgers in 1st.

H22 had better be rooting for you and Sparty!!

15. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

LOL. Don't worry Radio, I am giving them pep talks on the John Clay experience. The PSU loss hurt me worse in the overall picture of the BCS. The last year of BfR on 2010, PSU and Minnesota played for the National Championship. PSU beat Minnesota early in the season and Minnesota came back and made it to the Natty. And won. Like I said, I wouldn't mind another shot at the Clay monster.

16. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

HEY!!! Let's not bring that up! I gave CA that Natty on a silver plater...

17. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

You were undefeated, and couldn't close it out. Tom Brady. (But your Giants at least won that one)

Mike