Conference Alignment

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Aug 7, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

ChildPlease9

When we move on to season 2, any chance we can take a few teams from the MWC and put them in the WAC? One reason is that we only have seven teams so, by default, those missing conference games go to FCS schools and we only get 6 conference games. Another, for me, would be to bring New Mexico over. I forgot when selecting a roster that I would assume their primary rival and not all of their rivals. So, my only rival is New Mexico and I'd like to be able to play them one every year if possible.

Thanks!

2. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I cosign. It'll be week 8 before I, in the WACk, get to play a conference game.

And will we get to select any out of conference games in the future? Sorry if this has been covered.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  3. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Would like to keep the conferences as close to realistic as possible. I'll take a look at it though. Definitely let me know if you want a game scheduled before preseason hits for that respective season, and I'll do my best.

More than willing to schedule whatever you want, as long as you let me know before preseason hits.

4. majesty95

I get that and next year there are all kinds of changes coming. Realistically the MWC and C-USA are going to combine (which you can't do in game) and possibly the Sun Belt and WAC. I suppose we can play our rivals in non-conf and you can set the league settings to play conference rivals earlier. If we align like next year the MWC will lose two teams anyway so it makes it pointless. Just sucks the way the game handles small conferences.

5. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Agreed,

6. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

ACC Pitt and Syracuse
    Big East Boise State, Central Florida, Houston, Memphis, San Diego State and SMU
    Big XII
    Big Ten
    C-USA Charlotte*, FIU, Louisiana Tech, North Texas, Old Dominion* and UTSA
    MAC
    MWC San Jose State and Utah State
    SEC
    Sun Belt Georgia State* and Texas State
    WAC

Here is Next season's lineup in Ncaa. the only thing I did different for the Wac is move Byu and Army into the Wac so they can have 4 teams. and left Navy and ND as Independents. Course Navy won't move into the BE til 2014.

7. majesty95

As much as I would like to follow real life with conference realignment, it does not work well in game. First, as bamagrad noted, there is no way to actually mimic it since you cannot remove conferences. Second, there are stability issues with custom conferences, especially when getting down to very few teams. With what just happened, I'd prefer to just leave them as is to ensure the greatest possible chance of successfully completing seasons.

• Like Like x 1