Conference Champ Week Game Summaries(2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bucs, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Post em

2. Bucs

[​IMG][​IMG]

#10 Texas 38
    #2 Kansas 22

Texas avenges its regular season loss to Kansas and secures the Big 12 Title in convincing fashion. Texas jumped to a 24-0 lead late in the 3rd when Kansas finally came alive. From that point on the Kansas offense seemed to have all the momentum but the kansas defense couldn't duplicate the effort and the Longhorn rushing attack showed up and was able to milk the clock and score a couple more times to secure the Texas victory and BCS berth.

Four different players scored on the ground for the Longhorns, including FB Chet Moss who ran up the gut for a 99 yard TD that really seemed to energize the offensive line for the rest of the game.

GG Kapono a few minutes longer and you probably get the victory.

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

GG bucs. Just had an awful 1st half throwing the ball. Cummings had guys open and I say them, but he just overthrew them. I wanted to sub in Webb, but he was injured. Berlung looked really good, but there's no way I can win giving up 500+ yards. I've never had someone run all over me like that. Well no National Championship, and not even BCS (bullshit) becaue 11-1 Oklahoma will be ranked higher than me. I blame Bulldog ;) for adding 2 teams to the Big XII and making me play a conference championship game. Also I blame him for making it in Cowboys Stadium instead of the team with the better record's stadium. I had way too much confidence going into this game after already beating Texas this year.

4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

That opens the door for who gets to play FSU in the National Championship Game. UGA's 3 in the BCS but has Auburn left. Oklahoma is 4, and Auburn is 5 with 2 losses.

Voters: Kansas should still be #2. We beat #5 Auburn and #4 Oklahoma and Georgia sucks :p

5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

yes Georgia does suck lol.... i havent won a USER game since i beat Peench back a few months ago

6. Bucs

using that Alabama math huh?

7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Yeah, I'm a hypocrite. I wanted LSU-Boise but damn TCU screwed everything up.

8. sonn

sonn Walk On

FSU punches ticket into National Championship game with win over Miami​
    Last year the Seminoles made it to the conference championships and lost a heart breaking game to Virginia Tech. This year the Seminoles vowed not to let the same thing happen again this year. Thanks to star RB Chris Thompson FSU who had 185 yards on just 19 carries made good on the promise.

The first quarter saw both teams exchange field goals. FSU scored the first touchdown of the game on a 7 yard run by Thompson. Miami answered back with a long sustained drive that ended 12 yard touchdown reception by TE Asante Cleveland. But that man Thompson struck once again on the very next offensive play when he took a inside handoff 75 yards to regain the lead. After forcing a 3 and out, QB EJ Manuel had his best drive of day and made a key pass to WR Rodney Smith that brought the ball down to the 1 yard line. FB Lonnie Pryor punched it to give FSU a 24-10 at half.

Florida State extended the lead once again when Manuel took advantage of an all out blitz by the Hurricanes and completed a slant pass to WR Willie Haulstead to took it the distance for a 60 yard score. Miami showed life when QB Ryan Williams completed a 100 yard pass (!!!!) to WR Allen Hurns. CB Greg Reid had a subpar game even though he had an interception and this play just further highlighted his struggles this season.

But FSU recovered the onside kick and Thompson scored his 3rd touchdown of the game to put the game out of reach.

FSU Key Player
    RB Chris Thompson 19 Carries 185 Yards 3 TD

9. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Hope you enjoyed your last conference championship.

10. sonn

sonn Walk On

I haven't lost a conference game yet. Duke sure as hell won't start that trend.

11. CoachRedd

12. Bucs

This kind of talk is making me considering jumping ship and taking my talents to south beach.

13. CoachRedd

You can get it too

14. jandy

jandy Walk On

Looks like the Sooners might have a chance to sneak into the National Championship with a Georgia loss now *fingers crossed*