Conference Championship Colts vs Steelers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Brandon S., Nov 20, 2012.

1. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

TLYCC.PNG

The Colts traveled to the frozen tundra of Pittsburgh to play the Steelers in an ice skating match. The temperature was 19 degrees, and the field was covered in a blanket of snow. This didnt stop either team from playing hard nosed, stout defense.

Indianapolis received the ball to begin the game and scored a TD off play action to Austin Collie. The Steelers would kick a field goal to bring the score to 7-3 at the end of 1. In the 2nd quarter, the tides changed. Pittsburgh scored 10 points to take a 13-7 lead but the Colts managed to kick a FG as time expired to cut the lead to 10-13 going into halftime. The Dynamic Duo of Freeney and Mathis must have said something to the team at halftime, because that defense came out ready to play. The Colts blanked the Steelers in the 3rd quarter while Mathis scored a pick 6 to pull the Colts ahead 17-13 going into the 4th.

This is where the rubber meets the road.

The Colts defense stepped up HUGE in the 4th as Freeney scored a pick 6, and Addai ran for a late TD to seal the game with less than 3 minutes left. The Colts forced 7 takeaways, and intercepted Big Ben 6 times. 6 different players on defense had 1 interception. The Steelers forced 5 takeaways but forced what seemed like a million fumbles. Lamar Miller was burning the Steelers over aggressive defense until a big hit left him with a torn shoulder labrum, meaning he will miss the Super Bowl. It seemed like every time the Colts had a big turnover, the Steelers snatched the ball right back. That defense is amazing, and the score was 17-16 in the 4th before a HUGE series of unfortunate events ;) happened for the Steelers. Best defense i have ever played in Madden. Hopefully i DONT see you next year, i dont want an L. Good game RRAHx2

TLYCC1.PNG TLYCC2.PNG

2. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I think the snow hurt my game alot.. first time I ever played a snow game. The players were slipping and sliding all over. Couldn't take advantage of my WRs' speed. GG man. Freeney and Mathis are even better in the 3-4 than they were in the 4-3! Hope to play you again soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

It's not everyday you see a dome team come into the frozen tundra and pick up the road win in the playoffs. Further puzzling, the head coach of the Steelers in his post game press conference saying the team was not ready for a snow game.

Nice victory for the Colts, congratulations.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

I had never played a snow game either. It was interesting. Definitely caused a million fumbles.

5. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Yeah it was cool though. Very fun game. Hopefully Reggie Wayne will retire soon, cuz he was killing us this game. Anxious for the off-season to start!

6. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Me neither. I think it's been a few years since I payed a snow game. I love how the game is so realistic and threw that in for you guys. Playoff game in Pittsburg would more than likely have then same conditions.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

There's no frozen tundra in Pennsylvania. That's just normal winter.

8. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Great write-up guys. It's cool to hear how it went down. The Colts are on a run that could go down in league history. The HC is definitely secure in his position in Indy!

• Like Like x 2