Conference championship game previews

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    #2 Duke vs #11 Wake Forest

#6 Ole Miss vs South Carolina

#4 Missouri vs #8 Texas

Anyone want to take a shot at any of them. It's time some of you fuckers started chiming in with some content, :).

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Cant speak on Duke and Wake game.

I would say Ole Miss is the favorite in the SEC game. Obviously they won the game earlier in the season. South Carolina's chances lie with stopping or slowing the Ole Miss ground attack and forcing the true freshman to throw.

Missouri is the favorite over Texas. Again, they won the previous match this year. Texas lost their beastly RB that helped them so much last season. Mizzous Gabbert and their speedy receivers are tough to stop.

3. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I'm going to get raped.

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Ole Miss v. South Carolina:

Ole Miss is lead by its great DL that has generated pressure all season and a ground game that is number 1 in the country. Vernon Wright leads the attack at QB, and though he is clearly a running threat, he has thrown for 2000 yards and 13 TD's this year. Ole Miss will attempt to establish the run against South Carolina just like in the first game. Kevin McKeon had a big game against SC in their first matchup and he is ready to add on to his great Sophmore season.

Ole Miss will need to limit the touches on Ace Sanders, SC's deep threat, and try and force South Carolina's other WR's to beat them. Ole Miss' secondary with Dennis McGill and John Davis will be matching up with SC's receivers and expect to get pressure from all directions on SC. The DL will be led by Trevor Archer, freshman phenom Ron Robinson, and Senior Carlos Thompson. If SC's OL can't handle the front four, it will be a long day for SC's offense.

This game will be much closer than the game earlier this season where SC had some tough breaks, but Ole Miss' defense really expects to set the tone in this game and will try and get pressure on SC early and often.

Ole Miss is looking for their first Conference Championship in the Deuce, and South Carolina is in its way.

By the way, go Demon Deacons and Hook em Horns. Only chance I have to play in the National Title game.

5. theSANDMAN215

South Carolina SEC Championship Preview:

Offense: We will need to control the ball and establish a presence in the trenches. It's difficult because of Ole Miss's superior defensive line. The main thing is we can't turn the ball over. The passing game will have to be spot on because it will keep his defense honest.

Defense: Again, it will come down to the front 7. Last game we got owned on the ground. I'm not so worried about my linebackers, it's my defensive line I'm worried about. They don't seem to know what tackle, pressure, and get off blocks mean. A couple turnovers, and we will be happy. I don't expect to stop him every possession, but we'll have to play the bend, don't break mentality.

Prediction: I don't expect to win, but I'm hoping to keep it close. My terrible o-line, and his superior d-line is going to cause me trouble all game. The only chance we have is to establish a passing game to open up the running game, and to have some lucky breaks on defense.

I'm predicting ... Ole Miss: 38, South Carolina: 17

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Drifter is going to rip me a new asshole.

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

How many will you have then?

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    12 +/- 2

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Drift let's keep it on our side...

10. theSANDMAN215

if I wouldn't have tackled your running back for that safety to make it 38-19, I would have predicted the score perfectly.